GDT: The BwO Presents: Bruins vs Leafs - 7pm, Dec 2/23 - SN, it's HNIC Baby. The Piece of Mind Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I am perfectly fine with us getting a major penalty tonight if it is for something done to Rat boy.

Abso-f***ing-lutely

Marchand will drop the gloves, so one of those middle 6 guys or from the defense needs to make him drop them. If he plays games, Reaves should just jump him.

Instigate, kill penalties, score and WIN

Somebody better nail that POS Marchand tonight.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING pumps my daughters up like watching the Leafs play Boston.

Even my 6yo will start booing from her booster seat in the back of the caddy if she spots a bruins decal on the back of some losers rusted out truck.

For myself and for my budding family of die-hard buds fans, BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THESE PRETENDERS

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
No way Marchand goes Reaves. If someone’s going to do something I’m guessing Domi gets in his 2nd fight of the week, hopefully his dad gave him so pointers after the beating he took from Bennett

Reactions: OddyOh and Metroid

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Anyone looked at Boston's record in the last 10 games after their easy start to the season? If you want a statement game, the Bruins got rinsed when they played against a strong Rangers team last Saturday. They don't have the personnel to be the team they were last regular season.
Sure, and maybe our statement game was when we lost Chicago. Whatever, if we win we win, and if we lose you'll be telling everyone that after we beat Ottawa on Thursday, no one will remember the Boston game.

BTW, just so you know, I still remember how badly we played when we lost to LA. ;)

No way Marchand goes Reaves. If someone’s going to do something I’m guessing Domi gets in his 2nd fight of the week, hopefully his dad gave him so pointers after the beating he took from Bennett
Not sure why we should expect anyone to do anything. The time to so something was right after it happened, and nobody did a damn thing.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Why don’t we throw Gregor up on the first line for a few shifts and see if he can catch Marchand with a can opener, slew foot or a good sneaky board?

Maybe a butt-end into the nose? Or at least a few solid tough hits?

Maybe he’s our guy, he’s got a motor and seems to really give a shit.

Making Marchand retaliate and get him riled up and pissed off can only be good for the leafs

Great teams need to be able to instigate the physicality and not back down when there is push back.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
They’re in a slump right now and won’t play above 700 hockey all year. But, their D and goaltenders are still pretty good.
Leafs need to get on McAvoy and don’t let him have an easy game. Rattle him and he’ll make some mistakes.
I watched Florida give it to McAvoy a couple weeks ago, retaliation for the OEL headshot.
Looked good on him.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Sure, and maybe our statement game was when we lost Chicago. Whatever, if we win we win, and if we lose you'll be telling everyone that after we beat Ottawa on Thursday, no one will remember the Boston game.

BTW, just so you know, I still remember how badly we played when we lost to LA. ;)

Not sure why we should expect anyone to do anything. The time to so something was right after it happened, and nobody did a damn thing.
Do you also remember how well they played when they beat Dallas and Vancouver?

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Why don’t we throw Gregor up on the first line for a few shifts and see if he can catch Marchand with a can opener, slew foot or a good sneaky board?

Maybe a butt-end into the nose? Or at least a few solid tough hits?

Maybe he’s our guy, he’s got a motor and seems to really give a shit.

Making Marchand retaliate and get him riled up and pissed off can only be good for the leafs

Great teams need to be able to instigate the physicality and not back down when there is push back.
I’ve definitely heard worse ideas, he has the speed to keep up with Matthews and Nylander to

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
If this team can pull their heads out of their asses and win just this one game in regulation we’re only four points back with a game in hand. Crazy to be within striking distance given the respective starts to each teams’ season.

Don’t let your fans down for once Leafs

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
I think you're right about the timing. The ship has sailed...
I think the right guy to go after Marchand, is Domi...
Yes, if he's recovered from his beatdown.

No one with a letter should be going after him. They are our 4 best players, and they don't need to get injured or taken out of the game. They need to be able to play.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
I feel confident they’re going to pound Boston. I think they’re going to take a step up and play a hard physical game
What have you seen in the last, say, 4 years that would make you think that's gonna happen?

I dream of a cup win, so I guess we can all dream of something.... :)

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think Bertuzzi should dunk on Marchand after smiling last game, it would really change the narrative on that incident. Domi has really embraced that role, but someone should let him have a night off. He had 3 fights in November.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Somebody from the Leafs knock out Marchand's teeth so anytime he goes to brush his teeth he remembers... "never F with a Leafs and what he did to Lily was wrong"

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Reactions: TMLAM34

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am perfectly fine with us getting a major penalty tonight if it is for something done to Rat boy.

Exactly!

Its time to send the message to the league. you mess with a Leaf you are going to get your ass handed to you.

Make marchand pay for what he did

just a heads up the Leaf game is on sportsnet, and the Canadians at Redwings are on CBC

Hopefully it means less ron and botteril

:laugh:

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think Bertuzzi should dunk on Marchand after smiling last game, it would really change the narrative on that incident. Domi has really embraced that role, but someone should let him have a night off. He had 3 fights in November.

Flipping Robertson and Bert could be worthwhile, second line could use another shooting threat and Domi and Bert might get each other engaged more physically.

Reactions: 1specter

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I agree, it's on Bertuzzi the most. Not to put all the pressure on him. But no one will fight Reaves and frankly putting him on vs. Marchand will just result in a goal against. Bertuzzi is someone who can play as well as stir shit and defend himself. That's why he was brought in. I expect a big game from him in that regard.

Jake McCabe was also injured during the last meeting so he can contribute there as well. It's not coming from the stars and as much as many clamour for it, it won't happen.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I agree, it's on Bertuzzi the most. Not to put all the pressure on him. But no one will fight Reaves and frankly putting him on vs. Marchand will just result in a goal against. Bertuzzi is someone who can play as well as stir shit and defend himself. That's why he was brought in. I expect a big game from him in that regard.

Jake McCabe was also injured during the last meeting so he can contribute there as well. It's not coming from the stars and as much as many clamour for it, it won't happen.

We don't necessarily need 1 v 1 fight with Marchand and elect one guy to do it. We can always elect to fall on their goalie after a whistle, turn it into a scrum and put some stinky gloves, jabs, errant punches, a butt end here and there, head locks, wrestle to the ice so all of Pastrnak, Swayman/Ullmark, McAvoy and some of their rookies feel a little pain, collect some bruises. Call it collective punishment. Then do it again. There's no need for a one and done fight.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
The B's have Zacha-Poitras-Coyle down the middle and they're tied for first overall.
Coyle's career high is 21 goals, 56 points. Zacha 21, 57. Poitras is a rookie.
If those 3 centers come ready to play rough our 'elite' centers will shrivel like a phallus during a polar bear plunge.

Not to mention, the Bruins' D core is pretty excellent at keeping things to the outside, won't be an easy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad