OT: The Beer Thread

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The funny thing is Hoogaarden was bought by InBev before InBev bought AB. It could be a couple of things. You could have been getting it from one facility and then it got moved to another so it tastes slightly different or more likely your palate has just changed over time. Or hell they could have tweaked the recipe. New Belgium and Cigar City have tweaked their hop blends over time.

Makes sense. Deschutes hasn’t sold though. They’re still independent, so feel free to pick that back up guilt free if you like their beers. Maybe you’re thinking of them acquiring Boneyard? Or New Belgium/Bells selling to Kirin?
Ah you’re right. I meant Lagunitas. No idea why I always get the two mixed up.

Reactions: Do you want ants

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I had a Goose Island bourbon barrel stout from 2018. Very rich and sweet. Not my bag usually but it had plenty of alcohol so I can’t complain.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I had a Goose Island bourbon barrel stout from 2018. Very rich and sweet. Not my bag usually but it had plenty of alcohol so I can’t complain.

Gotta try Kentucky bourbon barrel ale. It’s very good and it leaves a nice aftertaste of bourbon flavor. It’s 8.7% ABV so a pint will get you a nice buzz, which is why a lot of places serve it on tap as a 12oz. Strong but Good stuff.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad