OT: ~The Beer and Nightlife Thread V4~ Bring On the Doppelbock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I'm really not a fan of pop/soda. I try to limit my sugar intake to only naturally occurring sugars as much as possible, so pop now tastes too sweet to me.

I know, i'm trying to quit but I have a major sugar/caffeine addiction and it's a problem. Not addicted to anything serious in my life, but caffeine/sugar addiction is like the silent killer man, lol

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I know, i'm trying to quit but I have a major sugar/caffeine addiction and it's a problem. Not addicted to anything serious in my life, but caffeine/sugar addiction is like the silent killer man, lol

I think that's the majority of America :laugh:

I have a salt addiction so we're even.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
IPA's are too hip... IPA's are too plenty..... IPA's aren't what they are cracked up to be. GO STOUTS
R0aq2AhW6K

Stouts are good as well. So are lagers. There are so many great beers out there. People should enjoy them. Except light beers. They should not exist.

And if you like Arcade Fire then yes you are a hipster.

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
He's correct though. Arcade Fire is way too mainstream to be considered hipster. The fact you know who they are means they aren't hipster.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
I'm really not a fan of pop/soda. I try to limit my sugar intake to only naturally occurring sugars as much as possible, so pop now tastes too sweet to me.

Same here. Stopped drinking pop completely 3-4 years ago.

General observation, this is the only place I've ever seen associate IPA's with hipsters.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
So I'm curious; how many of you are liquor drinkers and what is your preferred beverage? I'm partial to old fashioned myself. meat and potatoes has a good rendition, and oddly tgi Fridays in monroeville makes a good one too (yeah, I know, sounds real strange)

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
So I'm curious; how many of you are liquor drinkers and what is your preferred beverage? I'm partial to old fashioned myself. meat and potatoes has a good rendition, and oddly tgi Fridays in monroeville makes a good one too (yeah, I know, sounds real strange)

I drink liquor as well as brews.

I prefer Maker's 46 for American Whiskey, Finlandia for Vodka and mixing, Macallan for Scotch, Broker's for Gin, and Jameson as my fall-back.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com

....I like Radiohead. A lot, actually :laugh:

I agree with the sentiment though. I get called hipster when it comes to music and politics, but I don't go out of my way to be different. It's just what I like.

I hate when people are so conscious of what others think of them. Who gives a crap if something is "mainstream"? Whatever that means.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA

My brothers is a sous chef down there and he recommends something every time we go. Last time I got a Manhattan and it was great. A couple weeks later I asked for one on South Side since I had just had a good one. I told the bartender that rail bourbon was fine and about 5 minutes later he came back and went "We don't have any of that rail bourbon" so I told them to forget it and ordered a beer.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My brothers is a sous chef down there and he recommends something every time we go. Last time I got a Manhattan and it was great. A couple weeks later I asked for one on South Side since I had just had a good one. I told the bartender that rail bourbon was fine and about 5 minutes later he came back and went "We don't have any of that rail bourbon" so I told them to forget it and ordered a beer.

I've never heard that term. Then again, I'm not a bartender.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I've never heard that term. Then again, I'm not a bartender.

Maybe it's not as common of a term as I thought. My Girlfriend use to tend bar and she knew so I just kind of assumed it was common knowledge among bar tenders.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maybe it's not as common of a term as I thought. My Girlfriend use to tend bar and she knew so I just kind of assumed it was common knowledge among bar tenders.

it may be. I'll have to ask my wife. I've always heard well or bottom shelf.

Though I didn't even look up what it meant. It was easy enough to figure out from the context what you meant. At least, once he couldn't find it on the shelf it should have clicked :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad