OT: The Avalounge: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (Turn and Face the Strange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I won tickets at the last minute yesterday, to see the Butcher Babies. Hollywood Undead headlined the (outdoor) show.

Hollywood Undead -- I'd describe them a s a hip-hop boy-band. Can't say I like hip-hop or boy-bands, so I can't rate them too high. I guess they were okay at what they do, though. Most of the music was recorded, and they weren't playing it live -- some, but not much. I give them a 5/10

Butcher Babies -- now that was a show worth seeing. High energy, full volume, kick ass chicks rocking it! Not sure they fit right with the show, though, as it was more a hip-hop crowd. I'd give them a 7.75/10
The Butcher Babies are a hell of a lot of fun. Some people say they're gimmicky, and they may have a point, but they're never afraid to pull out all the stops for their live show.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Probably unpopular opinion, but Chick Fil A is bad, bordering on disgusting. Chicken is soggy, and tastes oddly of pickles, fries suck, the sandwich falls apart and has the worst bun ever. And I'm not even going to start on the corporation's political views. Got dragged there today. Blah.

*Edit... The worst part was this one is across the street from a Raining Canes. I had to sit there and eat my limp, soggy, spicy chicken sandwich, which was oddly less spicy than a glass of milk, while watching happy people go to Raising Canes.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Had one of my longest family friends killed in the shooting in Fort Collins last night. And the other helicoptered to a hospital last night.

This is the first time I’ve ever experienced anything like this. Definitely very sad, shocked, lost and confused today.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Had one of my longest family friends killed in the shooting in Fort Collins last night. And the other helicoptered to a hospital last night.

This is the first time I’ve ever experienced anything like this. Definitely very sad, shocked, lost and confused today.

Damn man, really sorry to hear that. It's a f***ed up world out there more than ever, at least in the unpredictability aspect.

Also, for anyone interested The Athletic is having a 50% sale right now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

So sorry to hear that. Horrible thing to have happen. And I'm even more sorry it seems so very common nowadays.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Butcher Babies -- now that was a show worth seeing. High energy, full volume, kick ass chicks rocking it! Not sure they fit right with the show, though, as it was more a hip-hop crowd. I'd give them a 7.75/10
Please don't mention Butcher's name. It's too painful.

$#!@ just got personal!

A staff member of Shotgun Willie’s strip club in Glendale was expected to recover after being shot by a person who was denied entry to the club early Sunday, police said.

Putting someone through the inconvenience of going a whole block away to another strip club in Glendale should not make someone fightin' mad.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I highly suggest PBS's series on the Vietnam War. If you're a history buff at all (and without getting political), it explains so much of why the last 40-50 years have been how they are.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I’m in Vegas for the game tomorrow, and the receptionist at the front desk of our hotel told us that we’re staying at the same hotel as the Avs players. Is it just me, or is that the type of thing she should not tell people wearing Avs merch?

I mean, what if I was one of those crazy fans that talked & read about hockey all day online with a bunch of strangers from around the world? That could be bad news.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I’m in Vegas for the game tomorrow, and the receptionist at the front desk of our hotel told us that we’re staying at the same hotel as the Avs players. Is it just me, or is that the type of thing she should not tell people wearing Avs merch?

I mean, what if I was one of those crazy fans that talked & read about hockey all day online with a bunch of strangers from around the world? That could be bad news.
You should wait in the lobby all day and scream like a little girl when Landeskog walks by.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

What hotel is it? lol

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

The perils of North American professional sports taking place in a holiday resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad