OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I notice you guys talking about Stranger Things. I didn't read the posts in case I saw a spoiler but I have a question for you guys.

Did you think it was amazing from the start or did it take some time? Everybody I talk to loves it so I decided to give it a go. I'm about 6 episodes into season 1 and am still waiting for it to get good. Should this already have happened and maybe I just don't enjoy it as much as everyone else? Or is it bound to get better?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
For me it took I think 2 or 3 episodes? And then after that was just a string of okay, last episode for tonight.. *ends up a cliffhanger* ... Okay well now I have to watch the next one!

Might just not be your kind of show.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I notice you guys talking about Stranger Things. I didn't read the posts in case I saw a spoiler but I have a question for you guys.

Did you think it was amazing from the start or did it take some time? Everybody I talk to loves it so I decided to give it a go. I'm about 6 episodes into season 1 and am still waiting for it to get good. Should this already have happened and maybe I just don't enjoy it as much as everyone else? Or is it bound to get better?
Yeah it should have happened already. The second season took longer to heat up but the first wasn't like that. The cliffhangers really hooked me in season 1. Some people just don't like the show. Especially if you're having trouble with the children in lead roles, then it's not going to get better.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm going to be watching 13 Reasons Why, now that I'm done with Stranger Things, but does anyone have another suggestion for Netflix shows? Preferably one season or two.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
^^^ doesn't want to provide enjoyable services for his fellow fans

I hope you never get that twitter account
This is going too far, apologize now.

@JWK protected his account. Probably mad Bricky @'d him ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I had the same sentiment, and a lot of people I know were saying it was my kind of show. I think for me it has something to with the show being about a group of kids.

It's kind of difficult for anything to follow Stand by me, and Sandlot lol.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
season one of Mr Robot is still one of the best seasons I've ever seen of anything on demand. But it really dropped off like a rock in season 2.

I saw a young guy on a plane a month ago watching the Sopranos. It's old but the Sopranos is the gold standard of just about any series I've ever watched. Every single show on there was pretty much awesome.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Sense8 is really good too.

However it does have a very.. Political, social movement message, especially during season 1, to a borderline annoying degree.

Season 2 is awesome though.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Sense8 is really good too.

However it does have a very.. Political, social movement message, especially during season 1, to a borderline annoying degree.

Season 2 is awesome though.

I would be very surprised if anything the Wachowski's ever do again is not overtly political.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
season one of Mr Robot is still one of the best seasons I've ever seen of anything on demand. But it really dropped off like a rock in season 2.

I saw a young guy on a plane a month ago watching the Sopranos. It's old but the Sopranos is the gold standard of just about any series I've ever watched. Every single show on there was pretty much awesome.

Same here I was a little lost in season 2 and I thought that I wouldn't watch season 3. But I'm really hooked in season 3 right now.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I didn't really get into Mr. Robot. It was just alright for me. Not enough to keep my interest.

I'm really liking 13 Reasons Why thus far. The cliffhangers in that show surprised me. Didn't think I'd get hooked on that show so easily.
Mind Hunter was really good if you're into serial killers of america
I am. I might check it out later.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
wasn't cherry cricket remodeled? I haven't been in there forever

They had a massive kitchen fire and had to close for half a year. They are also supposed to be re-modeling the Breck brewery spot on Blake by Coors into another one. But that was awhile ago so not sure what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad