OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Does anyone know what happens in Yahoo fantasy if a team doesn't respond to a trade? I proposed a trade to a guy but he hasn't been active all season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man, whenever I pass a new @Bubba Thudd avatar, it always gives me the creeps. Hahaha.

God damn it Louie.
Only in Hollywood would stars get fired or punished under the mantra of "innocent before proven guilty". I am no LCK fan since I don't consider his rectum to be a hilarious or funny topic in the slightest. But all I am hearing is "allegations" or "under investigation", so why not just put all these stars and their projects on infinite hiatus instead of firing them outright until the investigation is solve? If they're guilty, fire their ass and ban them from Western television, but until then this all seems like overblown emotional reaction without a lot of facts behind it.

Reactions: MarkT

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Man, whenever I pass a new @Bubba Thudd avatar, it always gives me the creeps. Hahaha.

Only in Hollywood would stars get fired or punished under the mantra of "innocent before proven guilty". I am no LCK fan since I don't consider his rectum to be a hilarious or funny topic in the slightest. But all I am hearing is "allegations" or "under investigation", so why not just put all these stars and their projects on infinite hiatus instead of firing them outright until the investigation is solve? If they're guilty, fire their ass and ban them from Western television, but until then this all seems like overblown emotional reaction without a lot of facts behind it.

Apparently it's been known in the comedy world for years, just people are starting to come out and confirm it now.

But in general I do agree with that you said, peoples lives have been ruined before with false accusations.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Louie did confirm it all today. His issue is bad, but it is not on the level of the bad stuff levied against Weinstein and Spacey.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
as with all events like this, I'm curious how it all really plays out. It's been so publicized night and day now that it feels like the message behind all these accusations is just drowned out.

From my counts you could put 20+ people on trial with all these accusations, but I doubt even half of them get to court.

when did we get just so much damn news? even the google search on my phone has newslines now. it's overwhelming and so much of it is editorial vs just details/quotes. Anyone with a keyboard can make "news" these days.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
We live in a world now where we get 24/7 news from all around the globe, I keep an eye open for major things going on, but you could spend all day reading report after report and becoming the most depressed person ever.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
That apology though was brutal, like all the others. I literally could see him jacking off while writing it.
His apology was more reflection than anything. Could he have made some different choices in writing it? Sure, but unfortunately, we've all seen much worse as far as apologies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I was focusing more on Louie admitting everything rather than his halfassed apology. At least he didn't come out as gay to try and shift the conversation. A couple gay friends of mine have really expressed their displeasure with Spacey on that. Just gives homophobes more ammo to relate pedophilia and homosexuality.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
As apologies go, it was pretty good. Unlike most people who f*** up in the public eye, he actually recognized not just that he had done something wrong, but WHY it was wrong. Yes, he asked permission, but the point was that his status was a form of coercion, even if the women were technically free to say no.

Yes, he's a creep, but compared to guys like Spacey and Weinstein who seem incapable of even recognizing that they should pay a price for what they did and try to weasel out of it with "rehab", he comes off as less of a shitheel.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hello. Not to talk politics, but I, once again, saw someone on Twitter claim the Nazi Party was leftist. What has America done in 70 years to create a vocal part of the population that can't separate the two clearly opposite extremities of the political spectrum from each other? These people are out there telling people to "educate themselves on history".

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hello. Not to talk politics, but I, once again, saw someone on Twitter claim the Nazi Party was leftist. What has America done in 70 years to create a vocal part of the population that can't separate the two clearly opposite extremities of the political spectrum from each other? These people are out there telling people to "educate themselves on history".
This country does not teach history properly. As a history enthusiast, it drives me nuts that kids are taught to remember dates and people instead of events and movements. It means that most kids get only a broad brush of what history is, with very little nuance, and very America-centric as well. College courses give you the in-depth view, but unless you choose to take the good classes you'll miss that too.

When you learn about the Nazis, you get the Holocaust, Hitler, and D-Day, and then move on to the next subject. So it's not surprising that people don't actually know what the Nazis believed besides "Jews bad".

I blame the lack of understanding of history for a lot of bad things about where we are today.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

Anything having to do with politics today is focused on the extreme left or the right because it gets people either 1) really excited or 2) really angry. I've been in cities before where the DNC was occurring, and where the RNC was occurring - and I can tell you no matter what party you select - the people on those outer/extreme edges are both nuts. I hope neither one of them ever rule this country. But unfortunately that's where all the funding and passion come from.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Way too many threads on the front page of our board is started by @Ceremony therefore this Avalounge is worse than the previous Avalounge

Reactions: BrickAHL

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Way too many threads on the front page of our board is started by @Ceremony therefore this Avalounge is worse than the previous Avalounge
^^^ doesn't want to provide enjoyable services for his fellow fans

I hope you never get that twitter account

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I must be alone...
when Bob died I really didn't care, or wasn't upset. Just kind of like finally.. :laugh: I wasn't a fan.
Discussion on the entire season for anyone interested:
I think they did a decent job with the new characters (besides the group of criminals, which was entertaining, and in a way, interestingly connected to the Eleven plot line but waaaay too separate from the rest of the season). The story behind Eleven's Mama though, is one that I could've watched and entire spin-off on. I loved the feel of those scenes.

Max was a real nice addition, and I sort of liked the idea behind her brother's character. This 80's rocker look, and a strict dad who thought he "stared at himself in the mirror like a Homophobic Slur".

Bob was okay, but he wasn't tightly enough knit into the story where you'd feel sad about him. It was more the "Oh, he's dead for sure" kind of supporting character death. All in all, I think they tried to tie up too many loose ends at once, and it kind of became this jumble of storylines.

Honestly, sometimes I feel like I could do with less of the sci-fi monster stuff. I get that that's the main thing, but with the secret Cold War human weapon program and the million character relationship storylines, I feel like the evil spirit monster dog thing is a little too much sometimes.

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
A burger restaurant in Stockholm serves Cricket burgers, inspired by Cherry Cricket from Denver. And somehow I ended up here. What are the odds? It's destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad