OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Time honored Swedish christmas tradition is to build a giant straw goat in a town called Gävle and then the inevitable burning of said goats. There's a webcam that people all around the world tune into to see when someone will burn it The Gävle Goat | Visit Gävle

There's also a wikipedia entry discussing the various fates of the goat

Gävle goat - Wikipedia

One of my favorites is "Burnt by unknown vandals reportedly dressed as Santa and the gingerbread man, by shooting a flaming arrow at the goat"

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
One time, a hospital I was shadowing at provided a complimentary breakfast of eggs, bacon, and hash-browns for its employees. It was actually really good and I was on the way to sit down with my omelette until I saw this red sauce. I thought it was cholula sauce (which you know is amazing stuff) and it turned out to be ketchup and mistakenly put it all over my omelette. I am not a waster of food so I still ate it...

...and to this day it was one of the darkest moments of my life. With that said I hear that Jamaican Ketchup is amazing (I think I've mentioned this before in the past, can't remember).

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I know some people love eggs and ketchup together, personally it's disgusting. Especially on an omelette, that just ruins all that effort to make one.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
On a cruise they called the Ketchup 'American Sauce' when I wanted it with my dry eggs.

If the eggs are good I'll probably only have a bite or two with Ketchup. If awful and I need to eat it, it's mandatory.

Honestly I find mayo disgusting, probably since I worked in a kitchen. Putting it on fries would be blasphemy to me. Like those heathens that put ranch on pizza.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Only dip fries in sauce. Having any sauce put directly on fries pretty much automatically means too much sauce. (See: Poutine.)

Reactions: Tweaky

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I only use ketchup on fries when fry sauce isn’t available.

I had to look up "fry sauce".

"Fry sauce is a condiment often served with French fries or tostones in many places in the world. It is usually a combination of one part ketchup and two parts mayonnaise."

Pass.

Reactions: BrickAHL

member 116861

I can't dip my fries in anything, I eat that shit straight up.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I love tomatoes and put them on most anything but have never been the biggest fan of ketchup. Not really fond of mustard either.

I'll dip fries in ranch sometimes or if a given place has special sauce I'm all over that.

I don't know what seasoning Hopcat puts on their crack fries but it's amazing.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
yah baby

28b282f1b816f417245593b2cd1b9139.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad