Post-Game Talk: The apocalypse is coming: Panthers win 5 straight and a game in Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Sorry that you think that's all he does. Not saying he hasn't lost a step, but is it really that hard to figure out that he's under contract and therefore IS going to play? I mean really? Should be obvious. I wouldn't have sat Brick in favor of him, but he is gonna play against physical teams.

Team is on a 5 game win streak, but everyone around here is so used to *****ing that you all go in search for things. It's ridiculous.

Agreed. This board is full of malcontents. 20+ years of mediocre hockey produces it. It's easy making strong judgement with minimal knowledge. I personally don't agree with the Brickley scratches for Thorton, but we're winning and I don't know all the reasoning behind it. So, I just enjoy the streak. I'll leave evaluation of Gallant to Tallon and ownership.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
You sure guess a lot and deliver it as fact. He doesn't like Brickley??? Cause he has a rookie sit sometimes? The hell?

Columbus is a physical team and Thornton is here for that. Thus he was dressed. Ain't hard.

Oh yeah, let's fire Gallant, "save the season."
I see others have answered for me. He's a 23 yr rookie who is a very good two way player that brings an extra element of energy, drive to the net, and hitting to either the 3rd or 4th line when not being micro managed. His hits since he has been back have been midland as I think Gallant feels it compromises the overall defensive system. IMO, I believe Gallant feels he is a bit out of control but I think his occasional big hits are momentum changers and get him more focused. Gallant more than anyone should understand physicality as the guy needed to start a fight in the first period to get himself going when he played.

I also think he would do very well on PP in front of the net, and once he got his confidence back can play top six minutes with the right combination of players.

As others have said, Thornton is not a physical element on the ice. He is very much under control and plays a solid defensive game in all 3 zones with a small bit of offense to his game. Most of his shots are from the perimeter and easily handled. He can occasionally have a game where he scores or threatens, but those are few and far between at his age.

Gallant is here as long as the team will play for him. It's a fair decision even if I don't agree with his handling of Brick.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

Fixed it for you MO. :)

Btw really how long is he allowed to be this bad? he had like 4 or 5 times last night where he called the CBJ, Nashville.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
So all of a sudden both Ristolainen and Klingberg is alot better then Ekblad AINEC per mainboard LOL.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I see others have answered for me. He's a 23 yr rookie who is a very good two way player that brings an extra element of energy, drive to the net, and hitting to either the 3rd or 4th line when not being micro managed. His hits since he has been back have been midland as I think Gallant feels it compromises the overall defensive system. IMO, I believe Gallant feels he is a bit out of control but I think his occasional big hits are momentum changers and get him more focused. Gallant more than anyone should understand physicality as the guy needed to start a fight in the first period to get himself going when he played.

I also think he would do very well on PP in front of the net, and once he got his confidence back can play top six minutes with the right combination of players.

As others have said, Thornton is not a physical element on the ice. He is very much under control and plays a solid defensive game in all 3 zones with a small bit of offense to his game. Most of his shots are from the perimeter and easily handled. He can occasionally have a game where he scores or threatens, but those are few and far between at his age.

Gallant is here as long as the team will play for him. It's a fair decision even if I don't agree with his handling of Brick.

Again, you guessed a lot in the post I quoted and you tend to do that.

And I've not seen Thornton disrupt the play.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Again, you guessed a lot in the post I quoted and you tend to do that.

And I've not seen Thornton disrupt the play.
It must be my meds.

I get it. You love enforcers. Thornton doesn't disrupt the play as far as I can see, he just doesn't add any upside offensively to the 4th line, and actually takes it down a notch in the energy dept.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It must be my meds.

I get it. You love enforcers. Thornton doesn't disrupt the play as far as I can see, he just doesn't add any upside offensively to the 4th line, and actually takes it down a notch in the energy dept.

Love enforcers? I love you everyone just goes to that cause they have nothing else to say. Fourth line, on any team, isn't a scoring line. Of course the goal is to keep the puck in their zone and to try for a goal, but that line is a checking line. Why is this hard for people? He rolls 4 lines, everyone on it has to be able to play, but I've not seen him hurt the team. He's not some of the guys that have been through here and the NHL as a whole. He's going to play. Period. Why ***** about it?? The coaches know what their doing.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Love enforcers? I love you everyone just goes to that cause they have nothing else to say. Fourth line, on any team, isn't a scoring line. Of course the goal is to keep the puck in their zone and to try for a goal, but that line is a checking line. Why is this hard for people? He rolls 4 lines, everyone on it has to be able to play, but I've not seen him hurt the team. He's not some of the guys that have been through here and the NHL as a whole. He's going to play. Period. Why ***** about it?? The coaches know what their doing.
"I love you".......I had no idea.

The coaches may know what they are doing, it's just that I disagree with them and you. That's okay isn't it?:popcorn:

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I'm hoping we put Jagr to LW and try Bjug at RW.
Keep the second line
Pirri-Bolland-Jokinen
Howden-Mack-brick

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don't really see how this can be debated. The only thing Thornton does "better" than Brickley is fighting. And since fighting is completely worthless....Thornton is completely worthless. So whether its Gallant or Tallon who keeps putting him in over Brickley, they need to get their head out of their *****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad