Post-Game Talk: The apocalypse is coming: Panthers win 5 straight and a game in Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
we're now 7-2-1 in our last 10, which is tied for 2nd best in the eastern conference. now in a playoff spot, and only 1pt behind ottawa (but they have a game in hand) and 2pt behind detroit.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
That's why Gallant should be fired, take his dumb tooth with him.
LOL. That's in the past. Gallant has a nice new smile since his first press conference here and it looks great. I can sympathize with him as my parents couldn't afford braces and through various sports I've had my teeth chipped, knocked out, and I had the dreaded cross over. When I got older and could afford it I had them fixed. Looking good Gerard! :thumbu:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I want see Brickley stay in the lineup. I wouldnt mind seeing him getting a chance with Barkov-Jagr even. That 1rst line is very off atm and even Jagr/Barkov don't seem to connect. What I'd really love to see is given Smith a chance with Jagr/Barkov. Once all healthy

Smith-Barkov-Jagr
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Bjugstad
Jokinen-MacKenzie/Bolland-Pirri
Howden-MacKenzie/Bolland-Brickley

I would love to take Bolland out but rather have him than Thornton

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Gallant is not a good speaker but apparently he does get his points across in spite of this weakness. I have a feeling that Brick was not told why he is sitting, but was just scratched. It's like saying go stand in the corner and figure out what you did wrong.

I'm sure between Gallant and Tallon they think they have a nice little competition game going between Brick and Shaw. One of them will get the axe and be shipped back down eventually and it wouldn't surprise me if it's Brick. Gallant just does not like the guy. Thornton is everyone's buddy and he will get playing time.....that's just a fact.

You sure guess a lot and deliver it as fact. He doesn't like Brickley??? Cause he has a rookie sit sometimes? The hell?

Columbus is a physical team and Thornton is here for that. Thus he was dressed. Ain't hard.

Oh yeah, let's fire Gallant, "save the season."

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You sure guess a lot and deliver it as fact. He doesn't like Brickley??? Cause he has a rookie sit sometimes? The hell?

Columbus is a physical team and Thornton is here for that. Thus he was dressed. Ain't hard.

Oh yeah, let's fire Gallant, "save the season." ��
We've played plenty of physical teams with Thornton in the line-up and he hasn't done jack ****. And if he does go for a hit, in doing so, he takes himself out of the play and halfway down the rink behind everyone else.

If your only saving grace is the ability to fight, you aren't a very good today's NHL player. Pure fighters are dinosaurs that shouldn't be playing over actual contributing players, such as Brickley. We have plenty of guys that can stick up for teammates, we don't need a show fighter in the line-up.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
We've played plenty of physical teams with Thornton in the line-up and he hasn't done jack ****. And if he does go for a hit, in doing so, he takes himself out of the play and halfway down the rink behind everyone else.

If your only saving grace is the ability to fight, you aren't a very good today's NHL player. Pure fighters are dinosaurs that shouldn't be playing over actual contributing players, such as Brickley. We have plenty of guys that can stick up for teammates, we don't need a show fighter in the line-up.

Sorry that you think that's all he does. Not saying he hasn't lost a step, but is it really that hard to figure out that he's under contract and therefore IS going to play? I mean really? Should be obvious. I wouldn't have sat Brick in favor of him, but he is gonna play against physical teams.

Team is on a 5 game win streak, but everyone around here is so used to *****ing that you all go in search for things. It's ridiculous.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
This winning streak has taken us from out of contention to right in the middle of the pack. We have to keep playing better from here on out. There is no breathing room.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Wow, not evwn playing great hockey and still winning. What if this team actually starts playing up to its potential...?

Guys, couldn't watch the whole game. Could you give me feedback how Kuli did and who he played with? I saw him with Guds in the highlights. How were they together (I remember they had a few games together 2 years ago, not leaving that good of an impression). Thanks in advance!

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Wow, not evwn playing great hockey and still winning. What if this team actually starts playing up to its potential...?

Guys, couldn't watch the whole game. Could you give me feedback how Kuli did and who he played with? I saw him with Guds in the highlights. How were they together (I remember they had a few games together 2 years ago, not leaving that good of an impression). Thanks in advance!

Kuli was with Gudbranson. He looked a tad rusty for sure but he wasn't a liability he any means.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
The interview montage thing that the panthers posted 30 mins ago was hilarious. The FOX reporter is shoving their mic in GG's and Barkov's faces.

Very good win in my eyes, being a back to back.

RYJO is a very lazy player. It was crazy when people had the jackets as a playoff team to me. They have negative depth.

The cats on the other hand have won 5 straight on the road with their 7 and 8 dmen playing and their 2C out. Thats impressive

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
The interview montage thing that the panthers posted 30 mins ago was hilarious. The FOX reporter is shoving their mic in GG's and Barkov's faces.

Very good win in my eyes, being a back to back.

RYJO is a very lazy player. It was crazy when people had the jackets as a playoff team to me. They have negative depth.

The cats on the other hand have won 5 straight on the road with their 7 and 8 dmen playing and their 2C out. Thats impressive

Only having seen one BJ's games this year--albeit much earlier in the season--I was taken aback by just how anemic he looked last night.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. :)

I have been working nights lately and I haven't been able to watch the games until the next day, but WOW.
I didn't think they were ready to do something like this yet. I felt they were headed in the right direction but with young players still in the development, plus still trying to get the team to play the system fluently, I just didn't think we were at that point yet to win 5 in a row. But here we are. lol
I'll take it! :yo:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I want see Brickley stay in the lineup. I wouldnt mind seeing him getting a chance with Barkov-Jagr even. That 1rst line is very off atm and even Jagr/Barkov don't seem to connect. What I'd really love to see is given Smith a chance with Jagr/Barkov. Once all healthy

Smith-Barkov-Jagr
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Bjugstad
Jokinen-MacKenzie/Bolland-Pirri
Howden-MacKenzie/Bolland-Brickley

I would love to take Bolland out but rather have him than Thornton
Hmmm, I wonder why this is...? :sarcasm: :)

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Oh yeah, let's fire Gallant, "save the season."

Brickley is more physical than Thornton.

All Thornton can do is fight, which is pretty much non-existent and has no impact.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Lovely! A 5 game winning streak, I would never have thought. Have come up against some good teams as well and played much better defensivly these last few games.

Have to agree that the 1st line has looked a bit off the last couple of games. Hopefully they get back to speed soon. Been very impressed with the new 2nd line, a lot of energy and skill...really love having Smith here this year. Some of the things he tries I don't think Hayes would have done. Both good players, but Smith is a better fit IMHO.

As much as I would prefer Brick in the lineup, I'm not too fussed about Thornton playing here and there. And someone has to sit in order for him to do so. Might not Brickley have a niggling issue so he was scratched to heal up fully? Or maybe Gallant just simply wish to protect him a bit by not overplaying a rookie? Have to say Brickley looks even better this thime around, much more composed in his play after he was recalled. Has he even had a penalty since? Can't remember right now.We won...Thornton didn't do anything that really cost the team...I'm happy enough. :)

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
we are now on pace where if we get 1.2 points per game we make the playoffs.

for us to be in the playoffs, i believe the following is critical

1) huby start scoring and get to 15g

2) lu and jagr play 65 games

3)howden and brickley play almost every game, bolland on the 4th, thornton mostly not dressed. we need the speed and 4th line threat. i love Thornton i really do but he is a luxury this team cant afford . But a huge guy to fill in and has done so admirably.

4)trocehck continue to be the all star he is on track for.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
If they're not going to put Bjugstad on the wing, I'd like to see...

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Howden-Trocheck-Smith
Brickley-Bjugstad-Jokinen
Pirri-MacKenzie-Bolland/Shaw/Thornton

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Lovely! A 5 game winning streak, I would never have thought. Have come up against some good teams as well and played much better defensivly these last few games.

Have to agree that the 1st line has looked a bit off the last couple of games. Hopefully they get back to speed soon. Been very impressed with the new 2nd line, a lot of energy and skill...really love having Smith here this year. Some of the things he tries I don't think Hayes would have done. Both good players, but Smith is a better fit IMHO.

As much as I would prefer Brick in the lineup, I'm not too fussed about Thornton playing here and there. And someone has to sit in order for him to do so. Might not Brickley have a niggling issue so he was scratched to heal up fully? Or maybe Gallant just simply wish to protect him a bit by not overplaying a rookie? Have to say Brickley looks even better this thime around, much more composed in his play after he was recalled. Has he even had a penalty since? Can't remember right now.We won...Thornton didn't do anything that really cost the team...I'm happy enough. :)

As in :.Smith is more the driver of his line as a winger vs Hayes being "a passenger" of his line if things are not going well offensively.

My take on it anyways with just watching Smith closely less than half a season into his tenure here. I want to see Smith body language and work ethic in second half of this season to see if Bruins fans are full of it or not.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Kuli was with Gudbranson. He looked a tad rusty for sure but he wasn't a liability he any means.

Thanks bat1k.

Did they give you guys the impression that they have the potential to stay together longer? It would be huge for Guds to finally have a more skilled and complete Dman on his side.

In general, there has been a lot of shuffling. Fortunately it is working, but I hope we'll have established paurings soon (although switching them in and out might keep them on their toes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad