Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Seems they may prefer Kuhnackl for his PK'ing ability. Welp, all i can say is be better Kuhn. These better teams coming up will chew up that 4th line. Like the other lines tho. And Sheary does need a HS'ing.

And yea, more Letang shots off shin pads on PP1 coming.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
PP1...

giphy.gif

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Injury thread is updated. Looks like Hornqvist might be a GTD Wednesday and Cole could be back as early as Thursday.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sheary and Wilson the extra skaters? Sheary could maybe use a "wake up call", but has Wilson really been as bad?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I wonder what it would take to make Schultz our de facto #1 PPQB. Apparently regularly outperforming Letang there isn't reason enough.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I wonder what it would take to make Schultz our de facto #1 PPQB. Apparently regularly outperforming Letang there isn't reason enough.

Letang's career being over and no one wants that. If Letang is playing there will always be that treatment. He'll start there and if he sucks enough to be taken off it he'll be back at the first hint of a struggle. Schultz has to be pissed about it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Letang's problem is he's such a freak of nature that his 5v5 production is fine and good, but he's just a moron on the man advantage, or anything that requires a shred of thinking. But because he produces well, he's paid through the roof which means that the team is going to keep sticking him on the PP even though there's better options.

Or maybe Letang is legitimately dumber than a bag of hammers and they've been trying to convince him not to play on the power play for years and he just keeps hopping over the boards anyway.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Letang's problem is he's such a freak of nature that his 5v5 production is fine and good, but he's just a moron on the man advantage, or anything that requires a shred of thinking. But because he produces well, he's paid through the roof which means that the team is going to keep sticking him on the PP even though there's better options.

Or maybe Letang is legitimately dumber than a bag of hammers and they've been trying to convince him not to play on the power play for years and he just keeps hopping over the boards anyway.

Maybe we should stick a lead on him when he's on the bench.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I'm sure that's how they see it, but it's counter-intuitive. Letang's locked in for a long time...they can use him as they see fit. It's not like he's an impending UFA that they have to coddle in order to get him to re-sign.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm sure that's how they see it, but it's counter-intuitive. Letang's locked in for a long time...they can use him as they see fit. It's not like he's an impending UFA that they have to coddle in order to get him to re-sign.

Which I totally agree with and wish they would just take him off the damn first PP because we have a legit PPQB in Schultz. :laugh: Letang is such a phenomenal talent and not awful on the PP overall, but he's not GOOD there. It's just perplexing.

He's had moments the last few seasons when he's been shooting more and getting more pucks on net thanks to the coaching staff, but good lord, does he look like he needs a month or two of work with Gonch right now.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Which I totally agree with and wish they would just take him off the damn first PP because we have a legit PPQB in Schultz. :laugh: Letang is such a phenomenal talent and not awful on the PP overall, but he's not GOOD there. It's just perplexing.

He's had moments the last few seasons when he's been shooting more and getting more pucks on net thanks to the coaching staff, but good lord, does he look like he needs a month or two of work with Gonch right now.

Do you really want to see Gonchar kill a man?

I still like my shock collar idea. One zap for a double clutch. Two for a triple clutch. You duct tape the button down when he triple clutches and bashes it off a shinguard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad