Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
giphy.gif

People seriously think the Penguins should have signed Yakupov? For real?

Trying to figure out how images work on this site isn't going well :laugh:

By people you mean ONE guy who keeps bringing it up. Yak started okay in St. Louis as well and then fell completely off. Clearly the poster that wanted him here is focused on his draft position and still believes he can justify that... sorta like Poo and we saw what the Pens Organization thought about that.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not at all to start a political talk/arguments again, but Pens are at The White House today? Anyone know when that is and if that's going to be streamed or live anywhere?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I really don't think Letang is the issue on the power play. The issue is the way they set up Letang on the power play.

People like Schultz on the power play because it is simplistic. He has a huge slap shot. When Letang is out there for some reason Sid is consistently throwing the puck into the middle of the ice to Kessel. It works occasionally, but they're just too fancy out there. I honesty don't know how you fix it unless you pull one of Kessel / Malkin / Crosby off.

People like Schultz on the PP because he does what a QB should do: scan the ice up top with poise, make tape to tape passes in the wheelhouse of shooting options, get the puck to the net when there is a lane, and is a one time option himself. Letang is better at keeping pucks in and hunting down pucks with his speed. Letang is also better at making a ridiculous individual effort for a goal, but we don't need that on the PP when we have Malkin, Kessel, and Crosby. This PP needs what Schultz brings, more than what Letang brings. A second unit can use Letang's ability as the primary driver of offense.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not at all to start a political talk/arguments again, but Pens are at The White House today? Anyone know when that is and if that's going to be streamed or live anywhere?

I only found out from CNN (fake news?). I don't see anything on the Pens page so I would guess they are trying to downplay and won't livestream it.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
People like Schultz on the PP because he does what a QB should do: scan the ice up top with poise, make tape to tape passes in the wheelhouse of shooting options, get the puck to the net when there is a lane, and is a one time option himself. Letang is better at keeping pucks in and hunting down pucks with his speed. Letang is also better at making a ridiculous individual effort for a goal, but we don't need that on the PP when we have Malkin, Kessel, and Crosby. This PP needs what Schultz brings, more than what Letang brings. A second unit can use Letang's ability as the primary driver of offense.

Imo Schultz is better at keeping pucks in because he's less likely to be stood in the wrong place to do so.

I'd like to try Letang on PP2 in the Kessel role.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not looking forward to this white house visit at all...

Trump had quite the twitter breakdown this morning, he's not in a good mood. He could say anything today.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm interested to see what kind of weird jokes he makes to be honest. Not going to make a political statement one way or the other here.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I wouldn't mind a laughing pointing Geno pic with Trump to go alongside his picture with Putin.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
MOD WARNING

THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR POLITICAL ANYTHING IN THIS OR ANY OTHER THREAD. TAKE IT TO THE LOUNGE OR KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
MOD WARNING

THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR POLITICAL ANYTHING IN THIS OR ANY OTHER THREAD. TAKE IT TO THE LOUNGE OR KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

Serious question. What constitutes politics here? There's the obvious and I suppose any overlap between humanitarian things and political thing, but what about him as a person? ie sexual assault and bigotry. Is it also posting no pictures or videos of them with him or at the white house?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Serious question. What constitutes politics here? There's the obvious and I suppose any overlap between humanitarian things and political thing, but what about him as a person? ie sexual assault and bigotry. Is it also posting no pictures or videos of them with him or at the white house?

We wouldn't let you post anything relating to sexual assault or bigotry about anyone else, so why would we allow it about Trump? This is a hockey board, period. Full Stop. We have a politics board if you really need to, go there.

Basically, if it's anything more than a generic non-partisan response, it will be deleted or edited. Anyone who can't take a hint after the warning will be thread banned.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We wouldn't let you post anything relating to sexual assault or bigotry about anyone else, so why would we allow it about Trump? This is a hockey board, period. Full Stop. We have a politics board if you really need to, go there.

Basically, if it's anything more than a generic non-partisan response, it will be deleted or edited. Anyone who can't take a hint after the warning will be thread banned.

I mean, there was a decent amount of Kane talk at the time, but noted.

Thanks

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kane is a hockey player. I imagine if a politician laced up and joined the league it would be fine. :P

I didn't mean to start this, just wanted a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad