Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sounds like just about everything stayed apolitical and went without incident. About the best we could have hoped for

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Okay, this seems like it was the wrong place for my previous question (about the new zealand coverage of the visit and questions) - Is there a thread I can ask it? Or is that off limits here?

There used to be a political board (not that I ever used it), but it seems to have disappeared. High probability that such things have become too resource-intensive to moderate.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Glad the white house visit turned out as well as it did. No coverage on NHL.com where it has had a front page splash and stories previously and no jersey photo op either. Seems like everyone decided to keep it as low key as possible and just get it out of the way. Phew.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's one way to get two good legs for the final. It would never work for the Pens but maybe for teams made of less fragil stuff.

It's too bad you couldn't just swap limbs like the Pens were Lego men. With the injuries we have, it would be nice to have replacement parts for each player.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
There used to be a political board (not that I ever used it), but it seems to have disappeared. High probability that such things have become too resource-intensive to moderate.

Oops. I guess I misconstrued the "all purpose" in the title as meaning it was a safe place for politics. Carry on, penguin fans. Good luck this year (not that you really need it)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yep... no politics. :) I thought it was so nice seeing the Cup and the guys dressed up having their day. Now time to move on for the chance to 3peat.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They'd break all of the spare parts, Letang would have an allergic reaction, players would get the wrong part and Crosby would be too superstitious about it.

Our medical staff would end up replacing Sid's hands with a square block and not realizing the problem for a year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
iTZsvlt.jpg

Instead of a jersey, this is what they gave Trump. I actually don't think this is bad.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
iTZsvlt.jpg

Instead of a jersey, this is what they gave Trump. I actually don't think this is bad.
I like the practicality. I always thought giving presidents a jersey that they'll never wear was kind of cheesy. Now, the next time he golfs with Mario or Burkle, he has this.

Reactions: Kip Drordy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad