Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Schultz, Murray Practice with Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Another reason i went want to sign Horny is because his body is going to break down as he ages because of the way he plays.

If Horny is out for a while it seems like it would be a good time to bring up Sprong.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Another reason i went want to sign Horny is because his body is going to break down as he ages because of the way he plays.

If Horny is out for a while it seems like it would be a good time to bring up Sprong.
Don’t see Sprong coming up anytime soon unless his 2way game improves greatly.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Eventually the two way game from the Pens will be bad enough to make Sprong's look great.

But for real, if Hornqvist is anything more than a game or two I could see Sprong being up. Sullivan doesn’t play Reaves, Kuhnhackl has been a HS and Archibald hasn’t been treated like an option this season. Given their place in the standings they can’t piss away more points on playing so many 4th liners.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Even with Hornqvist out, the team has 13 forwards. I dont think anyone will get called up. They will play Kuhn and archie will be the extra. Hope I'm wrong though.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Boy, somebody really enjoys kool aid.

We can't score but let's keep icing guys who can't score but excel in things like "knowing their roles". LOL

WE CAN'T SCORE

do I need to repeat that???

LAST in 5 on 5 Scoring..... P ity FUL

Reactions: Andy99

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017

We can't score but let's keep icing guys who can't score but excel in things like "knowing their roles". LOL

WE CAN'T SCORE

I understand, but right now I don’t see him coming up. I see a trade.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

WE CAN'T SCORE

Yea I've reached my limit with what they've tried so far. I wasn't a fan of Sprong coming up, but man it seems like it's just being obstinate at this point because they need help

I mean can it get any worse than what it's been if Sprong comes up? The coaches seem to think so and that's frightening and extremely conservative for a coach who has shown a willingness to adapt quickly

Reactions: Kip Drordy

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Honestly, I think it's stupid to trade a promising goal scoring prospect that's close to NHL ready (if not already) before you see what he can actually do.
Agreed, but then again, we all are prone one day or another to panic and be tempted by the what seems like the easy way out.

Sprong comes from a winning environment where he was one of the best if not the best player of the team, an ego check won't do bad, if that's the problem.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
We haven’t seen enough of Archie to just disregard him. One game with Sid surely wouldn’t hurt us.

It won't hurt, it's just treading water though when they need solutions.

Honestly, I think it's stupid to trade a promising goal scoring prospect that's close to NHL ready (if not already) before you see what he can actually do.

Things can always change what JR is apparently thinking. Getting him a look would be the biggest way to give him pause.

Just a weird ass situation.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well at least Archi is fast and tenacious. Why wouldn’t Sully flip Sheary and Hagelin. It makes more sense that Sheary/ Rust are together and Hags/Kessel.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I mean Sprong can't be worse than Sheary defensively (from what I saw from him in WBS he's not). I don't see the issue in bringing him up, it's not like we're a terrific defensive team at the moment anyway.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I mean Sprong can't be worse than Sheary defensively (from what I saw from him in WBS he's not). I don't see the issue in bringing him up, it's not like we're a terrific defensive team at the moment anyway.

Sprong's "defensive issues" are really being overblown. He's not Hossa or anything close, but he's avg, which is more than fine.

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I’d get it I feel they looked at Sheary, Kessel, Guentzel, Simon and then Sprong and were like "uhhhh, that’s a lot of offense first and second guys on the wing." But this team has been so shitty in so many ways that I doubt he’d do any worse. He might at least score a few goals before he catches the stupidity, laziness and inability to score goals. I get wanting him to be better than someone like Sheary but this team is miserable to watch...

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I don’t know. I would give Sprong a chance tonight though if possible.

It would be really weird and a little dumb if they catapulted Sprong from Scranton Pennsylvania to Denver in time for 9PM tonight instead of just playing Archibald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad