Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Schultz, Murray Practice with Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I like the D pairs tbh. I think this also shows how Cole is going to be pushed out as soon as Schultz is healthy.

Kessel missing practice and it looking like the lineup is being changed makes me think Kessel is injured. Oh no...

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

I like the D pairs tbh. I think this also shows how Cole is going to be pushed out as soon as Schultz is healthy.

Kessel missing practice and it looking like the lineup is being changed makes me think Kessel is injured. Oh no...

It's also possible he's having a maintenance day.

Also:

Reactions: td_ice

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
From Sullivan and Crosby on Oleksiak:

I feel optimistic about Oleksiak, especially if the Penguins have researched Oleksiak as much as they seem to have. If the Penguins wanted Oleksiak 2 years before getting him, I'm thinking they have scouted him a lot.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
From Sullivan and Crosby on Oleksiak:

I feel optimistic about Oleksiak, especially if the Penguins have researched Oleksiak as much as they seem to have. If the Penguins wanted Oleksiak 2 years before getting him, I'm thinking they have scouted him a lot.

Weird to see Sullivan say he can move the puck well and others say he handles it like a grenade.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Rutherford said the same thing too. I feel like I'd take their words over fans words, they have obviously heavily scouted him over the last year or two and they like him.

We'll see, but there aren't many 6'7 255 blueliners that can skate well and are very good puck movers... so either he is a complete tire fire in his own end, or something bad is going on there that needs fixed badly.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I expect a bigger Scuderi but not as bad as Gill. Primarily toss puck up boards. Sometimes hit people and box out the crease.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Rutherford said the same thing too. I feel like I'd take their words over fans words, they have obviously heavily scouted him over the last year or two and they like him.
Yea well they aren’t going to say he sucks at handling the puck after they just acquired the guy.

Reactions: EightyOne

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Cole may have played more defense for the Pens during the last two cup runs than any other d man. I believe he had the most minutes of any last year. Great plus minus work, decent point totals, leader in blocks and hits. There are def some teams looking at improving at the position that have the cap space because they don't have a bunch of super stars and over payed ( Dumo and Maata ) d men. If this is a rebuilding year than sure move Cole for a scorer but when the d looks as awful as it has just remember it looked the same prior to Cole coming over.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Cole may have played more defense for the Pens during the last two cup runs than any other d man. I believe he had the most minutes of any last year. Great plus minus work, decent point totals, leader in blocks and hits. There are def some teams looking at improving at the position that have the cap space because they don't have a bunch of super stars and over payed ( Dumo and Maata ) d men. If this is a rebuilding year than sure move Cole for a scorer but when the d looks as awful as it has just remember it looked the same prior to Cole coming over.

I wouldn’t worry about the D so much until the forward roster is fixed. It has an impact on the D because we are built as a 3 scoring line team but we aren’t so that has implications not just on the forwards.

Not only are the forwards not scoring as much but generally the push back to defense is not as good overall.

It’s similar to the 2017 cup run without the forward depth or desperation/intensity which leads to a very ordinary team. That’s why we are down the bottom of the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad