Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Schultz, Murray Practice with Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I was calling for that second line all season... I can't believe it was actually put together though. Wow.

I got the second line I've been wanting forever and my favorite prospect is on the first line...

Something bad has to happen now... better go slam my hand in the door or something...

I am not a fan of Horny with Geno

I am not a fan of Horny on LW

BUT, it is clear that Geno-Phil will come nowhere near what they could be as a combo 5 on 5 without a LW with some real jam who nonetheless still has just enough speed and skill to play with Geno.

Cold reality is that Horny is the only guy who realistically qualifies.

So, maybe Sully finally has accepted why none of his other musical LW's with Geno-Phil have stuck

OR

b94.jpg

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

BUT, it is clear that Geno-Phil will come nowhere near what they could be as a combo 5 on 5 without a LW with some real jam who nonetheless still has just enough speed and skill to play with Geno.

So, maybe Sully finally has accepted why none of his other musical LW's with Geno-Phil have stuck

OR

b94.jpg

I feel like Archi could fill that role at LW...he just hasn't been able to get out of the doghouse

I also feel like Phil could thrive with Sheahan, but seems Sully is married to Phil/Geno. Guess we could have worse problems....

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

OR

b94.jpg
I give it two games at most...Horny and Geno, have we not seen that before?, although they never played with Phil, so lets give it a shot

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

OR

b94.jpg

So you are saying Hagelin was traded for... Nuke Me Elmo?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So you are saying Hagelin was traded for... Nuke Me Elmo?

I'm doubt that Hags for Nuke Me Elmo is what you had in mind when you opined that 'something bad is going to happen now' that you got your dream L2.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I give it two games at most...Horny and Geno, have we not seen that before?, although they never played with Phil, so lets give it a shot

Not as a trio, no. They toyed with Phil LW and Horny RW when Geno was hurt last year, but that's it.

And I've never seen Horny on Geno's LW either.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I feel like Archi could fill that role at LW...he just hasn't been able to get out of the doghouse

I also feel like Phil could thrive with Sheahan, but seems Sully is married to Phil/Geno. Guess we could have worse problems....

1. Archie doesn't have the jam to play LW with Geno-Phil, and that's what they need.

2. Phil looked like dog excrement with Sheahan when Geno was hurt.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Hags is falling out of favor in a real hurry. If we make a major move, you have to think he goes as a cap dump.

Rust has taken over his role as the speedy middle 6 grinder.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What in the actual ...? There's like half a dozen (exaggerating) players slotted out of position in that lineup.

We just have no one who can play LW effectively. Hags, bad. Kuhn, ugh. Rust, better on the right; Simon in his few games has been tried on both sides and looks like a better RW. We have a glut there...Jake and Shari are it at LW

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

OR

b94.jpg
I am not sure why, but I read the the first two sentences in a Dr. Seuss sing song tone.

Reactions: KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What in the actual ...? There's like half a dozen (exaggerating) players slotted out of position in that lineup.

First three lines look exactly how I would make them... fourth line would not have Kuhn though. He'd be put on the Kuzbass train to play upside-down ice hockey.

I am not sure why, but I read the the first two sentences in a Dr. Seuss sing song tone.

I'm creeped out now...

Damn TD you found my biggest childhood fear. Hope you don't find out about my clown phobia next... doh..

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
First three lines look exactly how I would make them... fourth line would not have Kuhn though. He'd be put on the Kuzbass train to play upside-down ice hockey.

I'm creeped out now...

Damn TD you found my biggest childhood fear. Hope you don't find out about my clown phobia next... doh..
Hahaha, nah I knew nothing about that.

*hides receipt for size 16 red shoes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad