Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Schultz, Murray Practice with Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It'll be Murray vs. Fleury Thursday night. Murray seems like he's close enough.
neighbors-record-moose-fight_4.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I love it when people let social media ruin their lives. Such a fascinating phenomena.

Huh? I don't even have a Twitter account. The VGK guy is a well known ding dong. He's trying to do the Wendy's style burn Tweets. Except not funny.

Pierre LeBrun even told him to calm down a few days ago.

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Insufferable you mean.

The worst subset of Pittsburgh fans I have ever seen in 40 years of watching sports (I am sure there are others I am forgetting).

1. The Pens fans that HATE, absolutely hate, Matt Murray.

2. The Steeler's fan that used to boo Jerome Bettis for scoring touchdowns. That's right, for scoring touchdowns. Duce Staley would drive them down the field, and Bettis used in a short yard situation would be subbed in and get the TD. And the fans would BOO. Genius.

3. The Pirates "wooooo-ers" fans.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The worst subset of Pittsburgh fans I have ever seen in 40 years of watching sports (I am sure there are others I am forgetting).

1. The Pens fans that HATE, absolutely hate, Matt Murray.

2. The Steeler's fan that used to boo Jerome Bettis for scoring touchdowns. That's right, for scoring touchdowns. Duce Staley would drive them down the field, and Bettis used in a short yard situation would be subbed in and get the TD. And the fans would BOO. Genius.

3. The Pirates "wooooo-ers" fans.

Yeah, don't get the Murray haters. Dude's the best goalie the franchise has had, and if he isn't chronically injured, he'll be a solid fixture for years.

How about the group that threw dangerous objects at Dave Parker because he had the nerve to not be Clemente, to be outspoken, and to get paid for what he was worth.

I still don't understand how people can boo at a hockey game when Jagr (or now Ho Sang) touches the puck. I'm way too focused on the action to take the time to think about booing. It's like they do nothing but wait to boo.

Reactions: ncm7772 and td_ice

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Lol. Yeah. But. I do boo if a player is doing jerk things on the ice. Booing free agents who leave is crazy.

People don't tend to stay in the same private businesses for 20+ years these days. I mean damn...I've worked for many different places. Why expect Joe Player to sell themselves short just for the chance to represent your overweight blue collar ass city? Lol.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Yeah, don't get the Murray haters. Dude's the best goalie the franchise has had, and if he isn't chronically injured, he'll be a solid fixture for years.

How about the group that threw dangerous objects at Dave Parker because he had the nerve to not be Clemente, to be outspoken, and to get paid for what he was worth.

I still don't understand how people can boo at a hockey game when Jagr (or now Ho Sang) touches the puck. I'm way too focused on the action to take the time to think about booing. It's like they do nothing but wait to boo.

Attachments

• 2E4826EA-9B2F-4314-99C7-7789594C2DE6.jpeg
    2E4826EA-9B2F-4314-99C7-7789594C2DE6.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 19

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
How has Simon looked? I missed the Colorado game and didn't pay all that much attention on Saturday.

Like a guy new to the NHL, but with flashes of brilliance.

Probably a top six winger. I'm thinking he won't be a great defensive dude, so don't think a traditional bottom six role will work. Could be a third liner on a contemporary Pens team at worst.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
How has Simon looked? I missed the Colorado game and didn't pay all that much attention on Saturday.

Intriguing overall, but it's still early. Call ups tend to look good to start with adrenaline rushes and excitement. Some tail off once the grind of the league happens and other teams learn their tendencies. I want to see more, but I think it's too soon to say he will be a top 9 NHL'er.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

He is adding some much needed creativity. I think at this point we need Hags on the fourth line and having a player more in Sheary’s mold than Kuhn’s gives us a better line-up.

Honestly, in moments the last two games the Pens have looked really, really good.

The issue is they are fleeting moments.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
obviously i'm annoyed by anything about fleury most of the time even when he was on the team but like at this point leave the f***ing guy alone

they're all obsessed with him just because he was nice to them. they're like abused children clinging onto this guy

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
obviously i'm annoyed by anything about fleury most of the time even when he was on the team but like at this point leave the ****ing guy alone

they're all obsessed with him just because he was nice to them. they're like abused children clinging onto this guy
You secretly love MAF....we all know it

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
It's like some high school drama were all the nerds gathered, and this one 'cool kid' was nice to them, and then that guy becomes a legendary figure for them to worship.

And a portion of the fan base is drunk with it.

It would be funny if the miraculous matchup would happen in the Stanley Cup Finals, Vegas vs Pittsburgh.

It would be hilarious, because so many Pittsburgh fans far and wide would travel there, and their barn would be a majorly in favor of the Pens. And then back in Pittsburgh, you would have the majority of Fleury-ites in attendance, that the crowd would be so pro Vegas, hahaha, Chants of "Fleury, Fleury" would ring down. it would be insane. It would take home ice advantage and flip it on it's head.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's like some high school drama were all the nerds gathered, and this one 'cool kid' was nice to them, and then that guy becomes a legendary figure for them to worship.

And a portion of the fan base is drunk with it.

It would be funny if the miraculous matchup would happen in the Stanley Cup Finals, Vegas vs Pittsburgh.

It would be hilarious, because so many Pittsburgh fans far and wide would travel there, and their barn would be a majorly in favor of the Pens. And then back in Pittsburgh, you would have the majority of Fleury-ites in attendance, that the crowd would be so pro Vegas, hahaha, Chants of "Fleury, Fleury" would ring down. it would be insane. It would take home ice advantage and flip it on it's head.

Boy would that be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad