TV: The All - Encompassing Star Trek Thread. Debate Long + Prosper

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I would add Tacking into the Wind on your list. It was the episode where I fell in love with Ezri, mainly because of her opinion on the Klingon Empire.

was that when she was basically like, do what's right, screw honour?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
was that when she was basically like, do what's right, screw honour?
No, she slams the Klingon Empire for not actually being honorable. She says Worf is the most honorable person she knows and he accepts a corrupt government run by Klingons who are anything but honorable. He then goes and kills Gowron and installs Martok as High Chancellor.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
No, she slams the Klingon Empire for not actually being honorable. She says Worf is the most honorable person she knows and he accepts a corrupt a corrupt government run by Klingons who are anything but honorable. He then goes and kills Gowron and installs Martok as High Chancellor.

ah yes :) thanks Blender. :)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
No, she slams the Klingon Empire for not actually being honorable. She says Worf is the most honorable person she knows and he accepts a corrupt government run by Klingons who are anything but honorable. He then goes and kills Gowron and installs Martok as High Chancellor.

What I loved about that scene was it was basically Ezri not being a jadzia clone. All throughout the series Dax was all about the Klingons and honor. Ezri was right, and it was a great way to end the whole Klingon arc that lasted throughout the 90s.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
What I loved about that scene was it was basically Ezri not being a jadzia clone. All throughout the series Dax was all about the Klingons and honor. Ezri was right, and it was a great way to end the whole Klingon arc that lasted throughout the 90s.

and the best part of it, was that she was very tactful. like she respects that those in her past loved that culture, and honoured that she was still considered but she saw the complete flaws. and considering how easily Worf went through a lot of crap (and accepted it through honour - something that Ezri would know as Jadzia) really hammered home w/o even saying anything.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I really want to see what happens with Martok as Chancellor. To bad we can't get a sequel series.

Also, JG Hertzler ain't that old, he's only 67.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It feels weird to be strongly united with Tawnos against johnjm22 for a change, on a Star Trek matter, no less. Is this what an alternate universe is like?

Don't worry - everything eventually comes full circle. ;)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm not worried about that. I would worry only if I eventually started to like Discovery ;).
I hope I eventually love Discovery, because that will mean they made the necessary changes for that to happen.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm actually kind of shocked that this Tarantino Star Trek is actually a thing that appears to be happening. I figured it'd never get past idle speculation or "yeah, sure I'd love to do that if the stars aligned" stages.

I'm also still not sold that Tarantino is the right guy for Trek. I don't know how you hand the reigns of a hopeful, optimistic, and "best of humanity's potential" type franchise to a guy that revels in colorful language, garish violence, slurs abound, and feet. Even setting aside that I just plain don't like Tarantino movies, it just feels to me like two ill-fitting incongruous pieces. Like Eli Roth making a Disney musical or David Lynch on a Marvel movie or Michael Bay handling anything from my childhood.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I'm actually kind of shocked that this Tarantino Star Trek is actually a thing that appears to be happening. I figured it'd never get past idle speculation or "yeah, sure I'd love to do that if the stars aligned" stages.

I'm also still not sold that Tarantino is the right guy for Trek. I don't know how you hand the reigns of a hopeful, optimistic, and "best of humanity's potential" type franchise to a guy that revels in colorful language, garish violence, slurs abound, and feet. Even setting aside that I just plain don't like Tarantino movies, it just feels to me like two ill-fitting incongruous pieces. Like Eli Roth making a Disney musical or David Lynch on a Marvel movie or Michael Bay handling anything from my childhood.

How about a Klingon heavy movie? Klingons are violent warriors so a movie with them would fit right in with him directing.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Maybe Tarantino can tell a story about the Bajoran resitance during the occupation? I mean, definitely too obscure for a Star Trek movie in 2019 or whenever, but that seems like his bread and butter.

All star crew

Captain-Picard
First Officer-Spock
Science officer-Data
Security officer-Worf
Chief Engineer- O'Brien
Medical Officer- Bashier
Helmsman- Paris

All fail crew

Captain-Archer
First Officer-Burnham
Science officer-Kim
Security Officer-Reed
Chief Engineer-Stamets
Medical Officer-Polaski
Helmsman-Counselor Troi :laugh:

My all-fail crew:

Captain: Rom
XO: Harry Kim
Science Officer: Mirror-universe Kira
Security Officer: Wesley Crusher
Chief Engineer: Jonathan Archer
Chief Medical Officer: Gowron
Communications Officer: Morn
Ship's Counselor: Deanna Troi

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Maybe Tarantino can tell a story about the Bajoran resitance during the occupation? I mean, definitely too obscure for a Star Trek movie in 2019 or whenever, but that seems like his bread and butter.

My all-fail crew:

GF and I had a good laugh over this.

Kudos sir

Reactions: KirkOut

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

My all-fail crew:

Morn would make a great Communications Office, he never shuts up!

Reactions: KirkOut

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
25 years ago today, The series most people think was the best Star Trek series premiered with a two hour pilot. That series was Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and that episode was very different from what came before. What followed was 7 incredible years and a series, along with TNG, that shaped my childhood in the 90s.

I am planning to do a DS9 rewatch this year, but I can't wait till that documentary comes out. Happy Silver Anniversary, DS9.

Reactions: Blender

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
25 years ago today, The series most people think was the best Star Trek series premiered with a two hour pilot. That series was Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and that episode was very different from what came before. What followed was 7 incredible years and a series, along with TNG, that shaped my childhood in the 90s.

I am planning to do a DS9 rewatch this year, but I can't wait till that documentary comes out. Happy Silver Anniversary, DS9.

holy. crap. 25 years ago today?
I feel so damned old right now.

I'll rewatch DS9 with you

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'd rewatch DS9 again if I hadn't just done it last year. I've got too many other things I haven't rewatched in forever (or watched at all) that i've gotta get through first.

sounds like fun though. I'd probably read along on here if it got turned into a project of some kind (the last time I read through a rewatch journal was one by an author who's done some Trek novels rewatching TOS through DS9, and while it was interesting, he got very annoying very quickly with both his shameless self-promotion (Hey look, this episode involves Character X who I used in one of the books I wrote! Read my books!) and his incredibly ham-fisted, eye-rolling "woke" internet outrage over some of the social mores in some of the episodes because *gasp* society thought differently about certain things 20-60 years ago!)

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I did DS9 rewatch early last year and right now I'm in S2 of a Babylon 5 rewatch. 2 greatest scifi shows.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That's a very debatable claim that's probably untrue. It may just seem that way because more of the fans who hang around internet forums like this one, talking Star Trek, are from that generation. The TOS and TNG fans, who are mostly 40+ years old, likely don't go online and express themselves in fan forums anymore like millennials who grew up with DS9 still do.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That's a very debatable claim that's probably untrue. It may just seem that way because more of the fans who hang around internet forums like this one, talking Star Trek, are from that generation. The TOS and TNG fans, who are mostly 40+ years old, likely don't express themselves in fan forums like millennials who grew up with DS9 do.

Most people I have socialized with regarding Trek rank DS9 the best so that was my perception. I know not all trek fans use forums like this but I'm still happy when I can chat DS9 (or TNG) with people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad