The All Encompassing Evander Kane Thread III MOD WARNING POST #581

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It is sad to see that Atlanta's rebuild between 08-11 is pretty much a bust now.

Bogo is a middling player at best, Burmi flew away to the KHL and Kane has likely played his last game as a Jet. Now imagine if we had drafted Pieterangelo, Mikael Granlund and Ekman-Larsson insead during those 3 drafts (they were alla available when we drafted)... what could have been.........:(

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll try to keep my comment simple and non- inflammatory, because I already got off my chest what I needed to say, as have you. And also in hopes of keeping yet another thread tangent from (re-)exploding.

Yes, there is merit in honoring an agreement. I also believe there is merit in questioning the purpose of laws/rules/traditions. Sometimes there can be a fine line, and we appear to stand on opposite sides of that.

This may be true, but there is a time and place for that. Once you have into an agreement on what those rules and laws are then you are duty bound to abide by them.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think Ladd is pissed guys in the room are talking about this. He likely thinks it should have just stayed in house, kind of like Maurice. Just **** already.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It is sad to see that Atlanta's rebuild between 08-11 is pretty much a bust now.

Bogo is a middling player at best, Burmi flew away to the KHL and Kane has likely played his last game as a Jet. Now imagine if we had drafted Pieterangelo, Mikael Granlund and Ekman-Larsson insead during those 3 drafts (they were alla available when we drafted)... what could have been.........:(

I'm curious...is it hard find a way to insert Bogo into every comment on a subject that has nothing to do with him?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Ladd is pissed guys in the room are talking about this. He likely thinks it should have just stayed in house, kind of like Maurice. Just **** already.

Yup. Everyone talking about "keeping it in the room", but Buff talking about "disciplining children" and Wheeler talking about players who don't buy in should "go someplace else". Nice way to "keep it in the room".

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Because they all follow the rules, take their time, dress up. They all do that together, because it's the team rules.

Kane puts on a track suit and rolls in like he's showing up to some vegas club, showing he thinks he's above the teams rules and isn't doing what the rest of his team is doing.

It's kind of a slap in the face to each and every Jet player.

It was a rhetorical question.......proceed.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
@WiebeSunSports: More Stuart: "This room is the best I've seen it since I got to Atlanta. There's going to be distractions but you can't let them get to you"

Stuart happy that he gets to keep playing despite being an anchor on Trouba and the team. Still, good to know that we have a "strong room". Now, let's see it on the ice.

dobiezeke*

Yup. Everyone talking about "keeping it in the room", but Buff talking about "disciplining children" and Wheeler talking about players who don't buy in should "go someplace else". Nice way to "keep it in the room".

Or Kane putting in on Twitter...repeatedly. Yep, nice way to "keep it in the room".

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

Which is funny in that the guy at the centre of this has not said a word yet.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
This may be true, but there is a time and place for that. Once you have into an agreement on what those rules and laws are then you are duty bound to abide by them.

So no current law should never be challenged?
No rule, personal or collective, should ever be questioned or renegotiated?

That doesn't leave a lot of room to accomplish change.

edit: Nor is it, incidentally, how things actually work in most workplaces or the legal system.

Deflectrick

Jul 11, 2007
Winnipeg

Clearly these guys are sick and tired of how Kane is acting. One of Enstroms friends plays hockey with me in a beer league. He said he asked Enstrom how Kane was in the locker room and Enstroms response was that Kane JUST started saying hi to everyone when he walks in the locker room. They are calling this an "improvement". He was totally serious, no jokes.

I'm pretty sure the locker room has just had enough.

EDIT: Acting, not "reacting".

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

And if Kane had manned up and played the game like he was being paid to, and dealt with this issue with his team mates.... all of this would have stayed in the room. It was Kane's action of not playing that brought it into the public eye.

It's "out of the room" because of Kane.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
But we don't know what Kane has done and for how long to turn the ENTIRE dressing room against him. I don't think they are all in the wrong and only Kane is right.

Wheeler and Perrault said it was a unanimous decision and they handled it in the room.

conversely we don't know that the so called shower/track suit issue is the first thing that has happened and it alone is what caused him to 'walk out' on his team.

I don't think anyone involved is in the right.

Kane f'd up, and there should be consequences. Those consequences should be reasonable based on the action.

Dismissing something as acceptable because it's always been handled in a certain way, and saying a hockey locker room is 'different' therefore what's acceptable there should be different than what's acceptable in the real world is beyond my comprehension. Not saying that's not how it's widely perceived by most. I don't accept that's how it should be.

And again, we only know what those involved want us to know. So who knows what the real story is - and anyone having certainty in their opinions on this incident, I would suggest, is misguided.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@ShaneHnidy: Evander Kane will have shoulder surgery and be out 4-6 months #NHLJets q

dobiezeke*

So no current law should never be challenged?
No rule, personal or collective, should ever be renegotiated?

That doesn't leave a lot of room to accomplish change.

The law hasn't been changed. No one is questioning the law. Kane broke the law. The team supported the law and chastised the person who broke the law.

This is how life works. Unless you are a criminal.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Or Kane putting in on Twitter...repeatedly. Yep, nice way to "keep it in the room".

...sorry, I wasn't aware that Kane has put anything about this incident on Twitter.

It's the current "leadership" that talks about keeping it the room, and then not keeping it in the room through their public comments.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Dave Lumley was on the radio today, and mentioned the team would deal with a problem team mate by cutting skate laces or hiding equipment to cause them to be late getting on the ice. Then it became the coaches issue.

I've seen similar things done in the military. Scuff the guy's polished boot or cut a button off the uniform just before inspection. It usually gets the person moving faster or helping out more.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
come on man. Kanes rep is already pretty well established. I can assure you all the other locker rooms in the league know what they will be dealing with if Kane comes their way. All theses players have friends on other teams and word will have long gotten around...

I honestly don't understand why it's so hard for some people to deal with the fact that Kane is just a jerk..

if you are going to start going after players on a team just because they are a jerk, then you are going to have pretty small roster or a losing team with a big roster.....nobodies perfect, not even buff, or ladd, for that example, considering his captaincy or their play on ice the last few seasons.....all this social-political crap leaves a lot open to interpretation and assumption.....and so he is a jerk, so someone or players on the team don't care for his behavior off ice, that's for management to deal with, PoMo specifically and then Chevy if need be.....it hasn't affected his pay on the ice, taking into account the winning record of the jets when he is playing....PoMo raves about his play and commitment to the team on ice....and what is more egregious, missing a meeting, attire misconduct or coming to training camp out shape a number of years...making screw ups on the ice and not being sat down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad