Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Previous thread is here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1791387

From Jet:

ONE WARNING:

Any more racism talk, you will be threadbanned and given an infraction. Not a warning, an infraction. There is ZERO tolerance on this.

Also, we are all VERY opinionated and understandingly worked up about this but any flaming, trolling, or sniping will get you booted out of the thread as well.

We're all Jets fans. Please remember that

Last edited:

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
That was a quick thread.

Edit: Anyone think Kane will be ready to play tomorrow against CHI?

seasontixholder*

I blame Kane, TN, and Maurice. Why all the secrecy. Wait over a day to report he wore a track suit and now that he's injured. The naysayers are wanting Kane traded. The pro Kane people have to defend. Just useless games in my mind. But I guess it gives the media something to do.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I didn't get this in bfore the last one closed. X2 to whoever said this:

"Hypothetically speaking: It could just as likely be the reverse, he's opting to shut himself down and get surgery because he's fed up."

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Kane's a hero. Distracting everyone from our losing streak with a selfless act of wearing a track suit.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I blame Kane, TN, and Maurice. Why all the secrecy. Wait over a day to report he wore a track suit and now that he's injured. The naysayer are wanting Kane traded. The pro Kane people have to depend. Just useless games in my mind. But I guess it gives the media something to do.
TNSE is reaping what they've sown. They are hyper secretive.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I blame Kane, TN, and Maurice. Why all the secrecy. Wait over a day to report he wore a track suit and now that he's injured. The naysayers are wanting Kane traded. The pro Kane people have to defend. Just useless games in my mind. But I guess it gives the media something to do.

Replace bolded words with 'us'.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Kane to Vancouver for Kassian, our 1st, and any Jets D man of their choice. Vancouver must agree to fix Kassian's lone tooth.

:D;)

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game1-300x143.jpg

Today's presser was all about Kane: Can he say why Evander didn’t practice today? Is he anticipating something that may keep him out of future game? In terms of the decision prior to game Friday night is he satisfied that the issue has been resolved? Is this a culmination of other actions or is this a single incident? Does he discuss the decision with the team? How difficult was it to make that decision based on the circumstances (Kane playing in front of home crowd, importance of game). How does he think he has responded? Has this been a distraction for the team in the room? Can he explain the importance of following team rules, no matter how small they appear from the outside? How do on ice and off ice discipline relate? How disappointing is this for him? Do actions like this sometimes catch a groups attention? Has this injury been around for awhile? Not drawing a conclusion between his scratch and his absence today. If the doctor gives the go ahead, will he be in the lineup? How has this impacted Evander’s realtionship with the team or his coach?

To listen click here.

DominikPavelec

Mar 8, 2013
Winnipeg
Feeling like Kane's time here is coming to an end. I've been a defender of him in years past, but enough is enough. If he doesn't want to be here it's time for him to be traded for someone who hopefully wants to be here more.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm not convinced he doesn't want to be here - the media sure loves a good story. That being said, when there's smoke sometimes there is fire...

Regardless, I hope he stays. I have a fear that if he is traded he'll become the next Seguin.

I would be happy with this trade though: Kane for Buffalo's 1st :P

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
That was a quick thread.

If he was going to then why practice Buff at forward instead of a spare part? Seems already decided.

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON

@garylawless "Maurice confirms Kane has been playing with an injury all season that is now being re-evaluated today".

If you value Kane in the lineup then you're screwed either way. If they are reevaluating his injury, it could mean it's getting worse. Playing with an injury that's getting worse is not good in both the short and long term. Shutting him down for the season screws up the lineup, exposes the fact that we have a surplus of mediocre defensemen and a shortage of NHL caliber forwards, and ultimately hurts our dwindling chances of making the playoffs.

If you're not a fan of Kane, or a fan of trading him, this screws you too. An injured Kane is worth way less than a healthy Kane, whose net worth has already gone down quite a bit in the past few seasons. If you trade him now, you're not going to get as much as what you would probably get in the offseason. But if you wait until the offseason, you're stuck with an injured player who may or may not play another game this season, and once again are screwing up the lines and exposing the team's lack of depth.

Interesting predicament for a management that is so risk averse that they wouldn't buy their child a hot wheels car because it doesn't have a seatbelt and airbags.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
listened to that presser, and for the first time i dont believe Maurice haha. Sounds like hes just reading a script. Kind of sad because if he's off to Pittsburgh or anywhere really, Maurice will have to be up there explaining why he was traded. Interesting the answer he gave about Kanes reaction. Kane must have been pissed. I dont blame him.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
FFS dude. You get more money in one year than most people see in three lifetimes. Follow the rules (where ever he gets moved to will also have rules).

RECCE

The Dog House
Apr 29, 2010
Margaritaville
I've grown tired of his petulance but I don't want the organization to give into his demands and give him what he wants.

What a conundrum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad