The all-encompassing Dave Bolland thread

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
If you think bolland is a quality 3rd line player for a playoff team you haven't followed a playoff team.

Maybe 4 years ago he was.

Nothing rational can make you believe it now.

He can't win a FO, he can't score a goal, he can't make pass.

He is solid on pk IF someone else takes the draw.

That's it.

5.5 million.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If you think bolland is a quality 3rd line player for a playoff team you haven't followed a playoff team.

Maybe 4 years ago he was.

Nothing rational can make you believe it now.

He can't win a FO, he can't score a goal, he can't make pass.

He is solid on pk IF someone else takes the draw.

That's it.

5.5 million.

Ill say that this, the majority of your team will look bad when the team looks bad.

Yes, bolland hasn't been good on our team. He doesn't look like a quality 3C.

Put him on a playoff team? He will look better, as will eveyone else.

I mean, Hubey probably won't be a 1LW on most teams this year (pre-demotion).

if i want a defensive 3rd line, i go Bolland. Offensive i go Tro.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Ill say that this, the majority of your team will look bad when the team looks bad.

Yes, bolland hasn't been good on our team. He doesn't look like a quality 3C.

Put him on a playoff team? He will look better, as will eveyone else.

I mean, Hubey probably won't be a 1LW on most teams this year (pre-demotion).

if i want a defensive 3rd line, i go Bolland. Offensive i go Tro.

Your points are well taken.

For a bolland ( present day, not the guy 4ya) to be on your 3rd, your lst 2 lines have to be on pace for no less than 125g.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Your points are well taken.

For a bolland ( present day, not the guy 4ya) to be on your 3rd, your lst 2 lines have to be on pace for no less than 125g.

Jagr, Barkov, Bjugstad doing their part with Smith chipping in.

Need pirri and Hubey to do their parts now and they hit that number.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Jagr, Barkov, Bjugstad doing their part with Smith chipping in.

Need pirri and Hubey to do their parts now and they hit that number.

They both would suddenly have to gonna a 50 goal pace for the remainder of season.

The odds are incredible.

We continue the post bure era to be goal challenged and can not afford a 3c who'll score about 7 goals.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
At this point with Bolland being a healthy scratch and doing nothing what are the chances he is bought out and what would be the benefits (if any) of that??

I just can't see him being bought out. Tallon is really loyal to "his guys" and Bolland is still well liked in the locker room (as far as I know). I can't see ownership being ok with paying all that dead money on an already financially unstable team.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I swear they changed the buy out rules so that if we bought out Davey, it would only relieve us of like slightly over 1 mill.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I swear they changed the buy out rules so that if we bought out Davey, it would only relieve us of like slightly over 1 mill.

I'm pretty sure they'll get 2/3 of his caphit in relief over twice the years remaining. So something like $3.7m is freed per year over six years (if bought out after this season).

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Are we buying him out just to buy him out at this point? We don't need any cap space. Why buy out a capable NHLer? Depth is good.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Are we buying him out just to buy him out at this point? We don't need any cap space. Why buy out a capable NHLer? Depth is good.

This is a good point, too. Maybe they'll need the cap space when Ekblad, Gudbranson, Huberdeau, etc need raises. But for now they're doing ok.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I just can't see him being bought out. Tallon is really loyal to "his guys" and Bolland is still well liked in the locker room (as far as I know). I can't see ownership being ok with paying all that dead money on an already financially unstable team.

I agree. Bolland was wearing the A last night.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

I agree. And furthermore he is one of the guys I'd really like to see back in the playoffs (like Gudbranson). He seems to step up his game at that point.

I agree. Bolland was wearing the A last night.

I did not get this decision, especially in handsight of the stupid hooking call he took. A veteran carrying an A needs to smarter, but his CHARACTER must be of the charts...

Why do they never give an A to one of the younger guys around 25 like Gudbranson? They need to learn at some point too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad