The all-encompassing Dave Bolland thread

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Well hopefully this lights a fire under Bolland's ass. After all I picked him as a breakout player for us this year. :baghead:

I don't mind Thorton since he played well the last game he dressed.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If you find a good gif I can edit it when I have time... it's kind of painfully laborious in some cases.

2467014_o.gif

Closest I could get

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
It's odd that Gallant seems to trust the 4th line less now that Bolland has been on it, compared to when Thornton has been playing. That turnover is really the only bad play I can think of from the couple of games they've played together.

Tbh the whole bottom6 has been pretty invisible ever since Barkov got back, something needs to get changed and I doubt playing Thornton over Bolland is the answer. Howden should be tried with Trocheck/Smith and put Wilson in for Grimaldi (Wilson/Mac/Bolland).

like this line alot.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
That's an expensive press box. Hopefully this signals the end of Bolland.
It's one healthy scratch, unless Gallant decides to throw him under the bus ála Bergenheim.

I mean, I understand if Gallant is trying to get Bolland's offensive game going with this, but otherwise we have other players that could have been scratched over him (Thornton/Grimaldi). He's paid for his defensive work first and foremost, which he's done well. One turnover isn't going to change that and Gallant is pretty childish if that's the reason why he's scratched. Anyone remember Huberdeau cost us the Dallas game, did he get scratched? Nope. Campbell had really awful coverage in one of the Rangers goals the other night, did anyone even think for a split second that he's going to end up scratched for that? Of course not. Obviously it's a lot easier to scratch someone from the 4th line, but it's still odd to scratch one of your better defensive forwards, especially against a team like LA.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Should send down Grimaldi and have Brickley be playing over Thornton. Wilson should be in the ahl as well.
Brickley has had some dumb offensive penalties, but at least played a 200ft game and was physical.

Surprised at the scratch. Hopefully, it embarrasses him and turns his game around.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
It's one healthy scratch, unless Gallant decides to throw him under the bus ála Bergenheim.

I mean, I understand if Gallant is trying to get Bolland's offensive game going with this, but otherwise we have other players that could have been scratched over him (Thornton/Grimaldi). He's paid for his defensive work first and foremost, which he's done well. One turnover isn't going to change that and Gallant is pretty childish if that's the reason why he's scratched. Anyone remember Huberdeau cost us the Dallas game, did he get scratched? Nope. Campbell had really awful coverage in one of the Rangers goals the other night, did anyone even think for a split second that he's going to end up scratched for that? Of course not. Obviously it's a lot easier to scratch someone from the 4th line, but it's still odd to scratch one of your better defensive forwards, especially against a team like LA.

I'm hoping we Bergenheim his ass. Guy was useless in TO and now here. He's one of those guys who will only play good for one team and that's Chicago.

I would have a way different mindset if he was payed 975K on a 2 way contract. That's all he's worth.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm hoping we Bergenheim his ass. Guy was useless in TO and now here. He's one of those guys who will only play good for one team and that's Chicago.

I would have a way different mindset if he was payed 975K on a 2 way contract. That's all he's worth.

He's one of our best defensive forwards. We are better with him than without him atm.

We hardly looked any better without Bolland yesterday did we!!!

TheRealDeal88

Dec 10, 2013
He's one of our best defensive forwards. We are better with him than without him atm.

We hardly looked any better without Bolland yesterday did we!!!
Ye can't understand bashing him. Sure gets paid way too much & has his lapses/limitations but without him it is clusterf with line matching/usage in general.

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
I would have scratch Bjugs before this thief. Bjugs has the ability to dominate a game if he really wanted to but he flat out chooses to play this soft passive game. Im more worry about getting our young core going than this pass by expensive plug Tallon chose to bring.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I would have scratch Bjugs before this thief. Bjugs has the ability to dominate a game if he really wanted to but he flat out chooses to play this soft passive game. Im more worry about getting our young core going than this pass by expensive plug Tallon chose to bring.

Regarding Bjugstad, I will never forget those couple of games versus Ottawa and Detroit where he dominated down low. Versus Karlsson and Dats and blew past both of them for the goal. Wish he did that more often.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Are we almost at the point where everybody knows this guy is trash? Or are there still bolland fans out there?

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
There are definitely still some Bolland defenders on this board. Its ridiculous. Same people who keep thinking we'll make the playoffs. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad