The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VI: RIP To Our Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Go to the front home page and you'll see an option at the top right called "Toggle Sidebar". Its icon is just a series of horizontal bars. It will fill your screen.

This was helpful. Hopefully we can get a toggle to hide users' stats under their username as well. That seems to be contributing to the wasted space vertically.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
We can @ users now too apparently. silverfish better be careful where he dumps his charts, I can see quite a few notifications hitting him the first time a chart shows the Rangers got outplayed in a win. :laugh:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Go to the front home page and you'll see an option at the top right called "Toggle Sidebar". Its icon is just a series of horizontal bars. It will fill your screen.

Thanks. Now I've got the full width of the screen, but my username is still cut off. Perhaps there's a way to increase the width of the box on the left side by a fraction of an inch?

I'm not the only one.

DanielBrassar
d

This was helpful. Hopefully we can get a toggle to hide users' stats under their username as well. That seems to be contributing to the wasted space vertically.

Good idea! That would be great.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
We can @ users now too apparently. silverfish better be careful where he dumps his charts, I can see quite a few notifications hitting him the first time a chart shows the Rangers got outplayed in a win. :laugh:

On the old HF (RIP), I used to have quote notifications enabled. The notifications on this site are actually much less intrusive. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Either way, there's a reason why the PGT chart-dump was short-lived.

The charts will be in this thread, though :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Now that it's up and I have official numbers, Pitt's xGF % in the playoffs was 48 .2 and they can go f*** themselves.

Ottawa's was even lower. AV really handed them that series. And let's be honest, Hank helped.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I believe Manny's L/M/H danger scoring chances were all based off of xG anyway, but it's still binning vs a continuous variable. This is a good change.
Fine by me, I like xG more anyways because it has definitive inputs and values and helps to remove the subjectivity from "scoring chances."

Also, @Machinehead , wanna continue that McDonagh conversation in here?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, as far as the GAR/WAR goes, I think there's a lot of validity to it, but with some players, it has deep chasms you can fall into, one being goaltending (Weber) and the other being QoT (McDonagh)

Not that I'm ruling out McDonagh being an elite player, but I wanna see him away from Girardi before we talk about any dollar amount.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Shot attempts per 60 scatter plots and relative shot attempt percentage plots are done. Hopefully will have the time during the week to make sure faceoffs, shot locations, and trended shots are also complete by Thursday.

Here's the game vs the Flyers from the other night for example. I got selfish and tagged them with my 'brand' (I may take this off), as well as other minor "theme" adjustments. But, mostly the same as last year.

8B4ZWoc.png

NLkTnah.png

^ realizing now I'm a dumbass and left TOI as total seconds instead of converting back to minutes. I'll change that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad