Speculation: The 2022 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | March 21st | 3:00 pm ET

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I feel like Bolts Jolts has no clue what they're talking about sometimes. Nash cleared waivers, he will stay there and not count against the cap. They said yesterday BriseBois couldn't afford to give Joseph his qualifying offer, his QO is 813k, you telling me he couldn't offer him that? He won't sign for that and could have been traded later but to say he couldn't afford his QO is just blatantly wrong.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Paul and Hagel have a few weeks to figure things out. Let's hope it works. Our competition is absolutely crazy this year. Last year no one did anything to have me worried we couldn't repeat. Oh well.... LFG!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Kind of surprised we didn't get a depth defenseman. There is a possibility of Claesson or Raddysh playing in the playoffs, even if it's only for 6 minutes.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Kind of surprised we didn't get a depth defenseman. There is a possibility of Claesson or Raddysh playing in the playoffs, even if it's only for 6 minutes.
I would bring up Day to fill this role. He has been the steadiest defenseman on the Crunch blueline and has earned a long look in Tampa Bay at the end of the season and beyond. Not afraid to get his nose dirty to protect his goalie either. Raddysh was invisible for the first four months and Claesson is more defensive style first than Day.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I would bring up Day to fill this role. He has been the steadiest defenseman on the Crunch blueline and has earned a long look in Tampa Bay at the end of the season and beyond. Not afraid to get his nose dirty to protect his goalie either. Raddysh was invisible for the first four months and Claesson is more defensive style first than Day.

Happy to hear Day is having some success in Syracuse. I imagine Cooper will want to test him out before the end of the year to consider playing him in the playoffs.

Would absolutely want to avoid playing Claesson/Raddysh.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I saw the Oilers picked up Kulak and Brassard, but kind of a quiet deadline for them. Like Toronto, they're a team under some pressure to advance this year in the playoffs.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If this happens does it put Vegas in cap trouble?
It seems so. Dadonov might decide to waive, although it'd be most interesting if he didn't (and I don't think the PA would want him to waive now on principle).

They might be able to alter the deal without Dadonov, but including more draft picks. John Moore also got caught up in this. Traded a few days ago from Boston to Anaheim, and now unsure of where he's going.

The league approved the deal, which they shouldn't have, so the NHL isn't completely without fault here. If the queue takes so long to clear, and they still allow a bad deal through, what are they doing?

Elliote Friedman was on the Jeff Marek show talking about it: Marek Friedman: Making Sense of the Dadonov Situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad