Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

What Year Do You Want The Senators Pick?

• 2018: Since they won't be as bad as in 2019

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • 2019: Since they should retool making them worse off

Votes: 51 34.7%
  • Don't care, either year works for me

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I want two LHD. One with our first to finish the D, and a more project LHD later in the first / early in the second like K'Andre Miller.

That's why I want the isles package. Grab a forward or a goalie with the other extra first and our 2nd on top of those LHDs and Bellows, and we'll be sitting pretty even before a Barrie trade.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I also want to keep build LHD with another 1st round pick and the NYI works with their 2 picks. Hey can grab a high end talent and the middle round could be packaged even with their likely high 2nd round selection move up in he draft.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I want two LHD. One with our first to finish the D, and a more project LHD later in the first / early in the second like K'Andre Miller.

That's why I want the isles package. Grab a forward or a goalie with the other extra first and our 2nd on top of those LHDs and Bellows, and we'll be sitting pretty even before a Barrie trade.

Bellows or Toews?

I also agree with getting more D cause you can always trade one of them for fwd help down the road if its getting crowded/expensive
which would be a great problem to have.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bellows or Toews?

I also agree with getting more D cause you can always trade one of them for fwd help down the road if its getting crowded/expensive
which would be a great problem to have.

Gimme Bellows and lets pick our own surplus Dman with one of the top 40 picks. But I loved Bellows as a prospect and don't hold his leaving BU against him anymore than I held it against Greer; and I have seen a lot less of Toews, so maybe it would better to take Toews and draft two top 40 forwards.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
So say we select 2 and say dahlin is gone do we select svechniikov? I think I could live with it, hopefully bigras could take the 2nd pairing role, and lock it down. I also wanna see a top goalie prospect. How's this season looking for goalies?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm waiting for the players to dictate what I want. I don't have any preconceived opinions at this time. I know we need a LD but a scoring wing is a big need too and this is the draft for both. I also have no earthly idea who is going to be top 5, 10 or even 20 worthy. Seriously, there's so many possibilities right now it's not even funny. I want to see who rises to the top.

Another first would be lovely but we've had that need for years now so let's see if it ever happens. I'm also not sure they see anything wrong with their current goalie strategy.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I'm waiting for the players to dictate what I want. I don't have any preconceived opinions at this time. I know we need a LD but a scoring wing is a big need too and this is the draft for both. I also have no earthly idea who is going to be top 5, 10 or even 20 worthy. Seriously, there's so many possibilities right now it's not even funny. I want to see who rises to the top.

Another first would be lovely but we've had that need for years now so let's see if it ever happens. I'm also not sure they see anything wrong with their current goalie strategy.

Yeah this year will super interesting to see who gets projected in the top five

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Man I would love either top two picks. We lack significantly in LHD prospects and same can be said for RW. Either way it is time to stock pile assets and create organisational depth to move forward and become competitive.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is a really good primer if where things stand right now. Much better than an early ranking.

Disagree, Ivan Hlinka is probably the WORST tournament to make any sort of ranking or judgement on. For me, it's a joke of a tourney and even the USA is an example of considering it a joke. They constantly bring their C+ team as a test for players they want to bring for the U18 and maybe the U20 team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's pointless to do a ranking right now, that was more the point but it is important to understand how the Hlinka kicks off the draft year. That's where the hype on these guys start. Obviously it's up to them to keep it going but watch for those who did well and at the top of this list to get hype heading into September. It's more important to understand where the rankings are going and what's driving momentum than to just look at a list. But it's fine if folks want to only get into it much later on. I'm posting for the people who might want to get interested now and follow it along.

That's fine if USA wants to send their joke of a team but it doesn't diminish the talent from the other nations who were present and what they accomplished.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Jack McBain!! lol I'll keep my on that one

giphy.gif

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
So say we select 2 and say dahlin is gone do we select svechniikov? I think I could live with it, hopefully bigras could take the 2nd pairing role, and lock it down. I also wanna see a top goalie prospect. How's this season looking for goalies?

Oh it's looking quite good so far. For NHL teams and how they look at goalie prospects it's absolute gold mine for them in terms of big, highly skilled goalies. There's really no DiPietro small goalie in this draft right at the top. Instead you have the big goalies in Skarek, Gravel, Mandolese, Ingham, Annunen, etc.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
For some reason this franchise is allergic to extra first round picks. Besides 1998 when Lacroix was desperately trying to draft Vinny and using 4 first rounders to trade up, 2011 was the only real time they acquired an extra 1st rounder to actually draft more than one guy in the first round with.

I'm not saying it's not possible for them to get another 1st rounder this upcoming draft, but I'm just not going to even remotely get my hopes up for that possibility. It's just so far outside of their MO that you're bound to be disappointed by their inaction.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
For some reason this franchise is allergic to extra first round picks. Besides 1998 when Lacroix was desperately trying to draft Vinny and using 4 first rounders to trade up, 2011 was the only real time they acquired an extra 1st rounder to actually draft more than one guy in the first round with.

I'm not saying it's not possible for them to get another 1st rounder this upcoming draft, but I'm just not going to even remotely get my hopes up for that possibility. It's just so far outside of their MO that you're bound to be disappointed by their inaction.

Duchene trade or bust pretty much.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Depends on if Barrie gets traded before or after the draft as well. Cause I see something along the lines of Kapanen + 1st coming back in that trade.

I assume you are hoping for a lottery ticket out of that 1st?

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I think the Leafs are a lock for the playoffs.

I'm not opposed to moving Barrie now that Makar is coming up, he should essentially replace him.

Should move EJ but we need him to have a good year and boost his value.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think the Leafs could take a step back next year. They only barely edged into a wild card spot and there will be some other teams who will be contending with then for it. If Matthews has a sophomore slump I could easily see them being on the other side of the bubble next year.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I was thinking more something in the #10-15 overall range.

I'd rather aim for a single high end forward if you are trading Barrie. With Duchene likely looking to end up as a collection of futures. I don't think you can do that with both trades. If Barrie goes to Toronto they are a playoff team IMO.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd rather aim for a single high end forward if you are trading Barrie. With Duchene likely looking to end up as a collection of futures. I don't think you can do that with both trades. If Barrie goes to Toronto they are a playoff team IMO.

I was envisioning the Barrie trade after the season. It's a lot of futures, but I'd be good with two 2nd line wing prospects, 3 1sts in this stacked draft (likely all top 20), and a 2nd for Barrie & Dutchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad