Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

What Year Do You Want The Senators Pick?

• 2018: Since they won't be as bad as in 2019

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • 2019: Since they should retool making them worse off

Votes: 51 34.7%
  • Don't care, either year works for me

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That's the Czech goalie I was thinking of. In Future Considerations final ranking they had Gravel as the top goalie and Skarek wasn't even in the top three.

Interesting. I know that Gigantor has him as the best goalie of this draft.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Yeah, the first part of the article was all about the 90s Wings and how playing with all those Russians helped Yzerman to understand and appreciate what they could bring to a team.

Luckily Sakic also played with a few good ones. Always loved Kamensky and Gusarov for instance.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Interesting. I know that Gigantor has him as the best goalie of this draft.

Greg Balloch of InGoal media has Skarek/Dostal high as well and expects them to be the first two goalies off the board. For me this is a Euro heavy draft at the beginning (3 out of my top 4 are European goalies).

Doesn’t Gigantor hate Gravel as well?

Does having him in my Top 6 mean I hate him? For the record Rodrigue is the QMJHL goalie I have the most concerns about but I'd have no issue taking Rodrigue in the 4th round to start with.

I've heard the same as Hench that the Avs are looking to take a goalie early. I'm not sure which goalie he's hearing (his is probably more right than whoever it is I'm hearing) but if they take the goalie I've heard this board's reaction is going to be interesting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I thought there was some kid that was highly rated that you just didn't believe in, but it may have been someone who was highly rated at the start of the season but is no longer thought of as fondly.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know anything about these goalies but the Avs should probably draft someone at some point. Not just a project in the 4th/5th round either.

Why has this 21 year old never been drafted?

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Lol sorry man, it’s a World Cup year. #priorities

Since Mustafi has missed out on making the squad I’d encourage you to switch to an iteration of this
dpY4XQH.gif

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Since Mustafi has missed out on making the squad I’d encourage you to switch to an iteration of this
dpY4XQH.gif

God damn do I love that bug-eyed bastard. I hope the idiots that can't do it now, learn to appreciate that elegant son of a bitch when he's no longer sliding impossible passes into dangerous areas for our NT.

Reactions: Barklez

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
God damn do I love that bug-eyed bastard. I hope the idiots that can't do it now, learn to appreciate that elegant son of a ***** when he's no longer sliding impossible passes into dangerous areas for our NT.

He’s a treat for sure and one of the only reasons to have enjoyed watching Arsenal the last couple seasons. Really hoping he leaves his mark on the WC this year - it’s incredible the amount he’s achieved and yet so many are so quick to dismiss him.

Reactions: cgf

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Even the name Veini Vehviläinen triggers PTSD to me. I know it's years since 2015-2016 WJC but still.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Pronman’s most recent ranking list is pretty interesting. He has Bokk up there with Boqvist and Tkachuk, but he also has Merkley in the same range. He also has Kotkaniemi in the same tier as Svechnikov, so there’s absolutely no way we’d be able to draft him unless we trade up.

His thoughts about Bokk remind me of what @henchman24 was saying about Bokk earlier in this thread. If the scouting team is willing to take a substantial risk in this draft, Bokk is the guy I want them to get.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pronman’s most recent ranking list is pretty interesting. He has Bokk up there with Boqvist and Tkachuk, but he also has Merkley in the same range. He also has Kotkaniemi in the same tier as Svechnikov, so there’s absolutely no way we’d be able to draft him unless we trade up.

His thoughts about Bokk remind me of what @henchman24 was saying about Bokk earlier in this thread. If the scouting team is willing to take a substantial risk in this draft, Bokk is the guy I want them to get.

He has Jesse Ylonen, who I've never heard of, in his top 15. He also loves the Russians in this draft.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Even the name Veini Vehviläinen triggers PTSD to me. I know it's years since 2015-2016 WJC but still.
He's a much different goalie than he was with Jyp. He still might not make it, but teams will be taking a chance on him. He was already on the radar in his draft year and seems to have grown out of the issues that cost him a selection before.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Pronman always has some hot takes/outliers in his lists. It's interesting to see his perspective though. I like Bokk a lot but wouldn't rank him that high. As far as pure skill, I rate Kravtsov slightly higher.

Ylonen though is a really skilled all-around player. I have a feeling some team is going to like him enough to pick him a lot higher than the consensus lists will have him.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
He has Jesse Ylonen, who I've never heard of, in his top 15. He also loves the Russians in this draft.
He’s got so many Russians on his list that I had no idea who he was talking about after the top 3 or 4 he listed. Can’t say I blame him, though. Kucherov & Kuznetsov are showing people that the risk in taking Russians isn’t as serious as it was before. If no Bokk, then I’m pulling for Kravstov. Maybe Denisenko.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If the Russians are rising that much that means that N.A. talent will fall. I'm OK with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad