Prospect Info: The 2018 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I've heard he actually can't skate.

His D partner has to push him around the ice.

Pretty sure I seen him play half a game with the red walker he stole from a toddler earlier in the day!

Any of the top 4 dmen at 10 will be good for us. And I think there's a good chance we see one of them drop.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Another one of Bouchard's best aspects is his NHL readiness. I could see him join Dahlin as the only defensemen to go straight to the NHL. He has nothing left to prove in the OHL, and IMO could make an immediate positive impact to our powerplay and offense.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Watch, one of those good defense will be available and the Oilers will:

- trade the pick for something underwhelming
- reach for a forward

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Another one of Bouchard's best aspects is his NHL readiness. I could see him join Dahlin as the only defensemen to go straight to the NHL. He has nothing left to prove in the OHL, and IMO could make an immediate positive impact to our powerplay and offense.
Seriously ive been watching A LOT of Bouchard recently and he looks good. REALLY good. He has all the tools to make an impact next year, size, smarts, shot, d ability, conditioning. Honestly now I'm really hoping we get Bouchard. Id honestly take him over Boqvist based on NHL readiness alone.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Seriously ive been watching A LOT of Bouchard recently and he looks good. REALLY good. He has all the tools to make an impact next year, size, smarts, shot, d ability, conditioning. Honestly now I'm really hoping we get Bouchard. Id honestly take him over Boqvist based on NHL readiness alone.

Over Boqvist easily, the real question is between him, Dobson, and Hughes. I have it Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard but thats just my opinion. I could easily see someone taking Bouchard higher then the other two if they think he can become an above average skater.

Reactions: dustrock

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Bouchards offensive stats are mind blowing. 87 points, 25 goals in 67 games. Lead the team in scoring by 33 points (albeit in the more games)

Drafting #10 is where the real scouts show their worth. Looking at the past 10th overall picks, it seems like 20% turn into top level players, 20% turn into middle 6 players, 30% turn in marginal NHLers and 30% dont work out or only have a cup of coffee in the NHL

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I can't remember if I posted this over here, but here's a visual for Bouchard's backwards skating:

Like I've said before, in my opinion, he's actually an above average skater in regards to backwards skating, four-way mobility and first step. The only knock is his NHL average straight line speed.

Reactions: Aerrol

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Over Boqvist easily, the real question is between him, Dobson, and Hughes. I have it Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard but thats just my opinion. I could easily see someone taking Bouchard higher then the other two if they think he can become an above average skater.
If im picking from Oilers pov i have it as follows:
Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist, Hughes
If im picking for the best long term outcome it is:
Dobson,Boqvist/Hughes,Bouchard

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I can't remember if I posted this over here, but here's a visual for Bouchard's backwards skating:

Like I've said before, in my opinion, he's actually an above average skater in regards to backwards skating, four-way mobility and first step. The only knock is his NHL average straight line speed.

Oh oh. This is gonna trigger Raab

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I posted some advanced stats a while back and whilst Smith and Bouchard were both excellent in zone entries (both above 96th percentile I think), Bouchard was in the 4th percentile for defending zone entries.

He's offensively pro-ready and defensively not even close and he's not playing in the NHL next year.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I posted some advanced stats a while back and whilst Smith and Bouchard were both excellent in zone entries (both above 96th percentile I think), Bouchard was in the 4th percentile for defending zone entries.

He's offensively pro-ready and defensively not even close and he's not playing in the NHL next year.

He definitely isn't great defensively right now, but I wouldn't put too much weight into those numbers.

It's fairly subjective data with estimated time on ice and a really small sample size. I'd guess it also has something to do with the Knights' system since they all end up with lackluster results on the chart.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
He definitely isn't great defensively right now, but I wouldn't put too much weight into those numbers.

It's fairly subjective data with estimated time on ice and a really small sample size. I'd guess it also has something to do with the Knights' system since they all end up with lackluster results on the chart.

Oh, fair enough - I just think people who are penciling in any d-man other than Dahlin as a "sure thing" NHLer next year are reaching a bit. That even includes Hughes, though his WHC performance was pretty great.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What are you talking about?

This is official statement by Jokerit KHL team of Eeli's eligibility to KHL:'s rookie of the year award.
The KHL's rookie award can go to a person of any nationality.
There's no such rule that the guy has to be Russian.
Wanna argue about this huh?

Last edited:

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

This is official statement by Jokerit KHL team of Eeli's eligibility to KHL:'s rookie of the year award.
The KHL's rookie award can go to a person of any nationality.
There's no such rule that the guy has to be Russian.
Wanna argue about this huh?

I’ll argue about it all day, there’s no way Kravtsov beats out Tolvanen for the award without the rule in place. Sekac also didn’t win it when he was in his rookie year because of the same thing.

Reactions: McHockeyfan91

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Im praying that a defenseman falls to us, with Yawney's resume of developing all of the ducks defensemen so well.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

I’ll argue about it all day, there’s no way Kravtsov beats out Tolvanen for the award without the rule in place. Sekac also didn’t win it when he was in his rookie year because of the same thing.

Believe whatever you want.
But i don't waste my time for this anymore.
Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad