Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
If Hanifin really does make it to six because some have the theory is harder to get forwards, LL would be foolish not to take him. But I doubt he or Ivan go past the Flyers.

Hopefully we can use this to get Columbus to make a massive payment for our pick. I can see them really wanting to take Proporov.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I dunno i think his shot overall is pretty transferable. As well as his speed. Im sure NHL Dman wont let him blow past as easy but still, you can see he has speed and he has the hands to make moves at top speed so lets not get crazy and say nothing is transferable.

But i do think we need to relax a little about highlight videos. I believe one of the complaints about Zacha is when he isnt into the game he is just lost and not in the right place. Also heard his hockey IQ isnt as high as some of the others.

But he does have that one-timer down from the dot it looks like.

Let's also remember that he reportedly did a great job shutting down McDavid in Sarnia's series against the Otters, and he still put up 2 goals and an assist. I'm optimistic.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And he apparently getting bigger.

Honestly I've never liked criticizing a player over their size. Unless the guy is 5'3, 100 pounds soaking wet, I wouldn't be worried. These kids are still ~18 years old, they can still grow in terms of height and there's no doubt they will put on more weight.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
A lot of that video was nontransferable skill in my opinion.

By far the biggest knock on Zacha, in my opinion, is that if a 6'3", 210# kid that can skate like the wind isn't blowing away Junior competition, how much of a ceiling can there realistically be? How much leeway do you give him for any of the numerous adjustments he had to make in playing his first hockey season in North America?

EDIT: HOOOOOOOLY **** are those U-18 goals impressive though... Absolutely owned the neutral zone and made goals from nothing basically by himself. The goal at 3:15 was just insane, even if it was against Latvia. That ability to identify space, and then use his speed and hands to attack it with control, that's what you want in your best players.

Man, I'm glad it's not me making the choice at #6. Still no idea how to choose between Zacha and Barzal, let alone all the other strong prospects likely available at that spot.

Last edited:

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
By far the biggest knock on Zacha, in my opinion, is that if a 6'3", 210# kid that can skate like the wind isn't blowing away Junior competition, how much of a ceiling can there realistically be? How much leeway do you give him for any of the numerous adjustments he had to make in playing his first hockey season in North America?

EDIT: HOOOOOOOLY **** are those U-18 goals impressive though... Absolutely owned the neutral zone and made goals from nothing basically by himself. The goal at 3:15 was just insane, even if it was against Latvia. That ability to identify space, and then use his speed and hands to attack it with control, that's what you want in your best players.

Man, I'm glad it's not me making the choice at #6. Still no idea how to choose between Zacha and Barzal, let alone all the other strong prospects likely available at that spot.

Zacha has great talent...kid only played in 30-some games and had to transition to NA. It's a risk but one worth taking. All that skill in a player that size is rare.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Zacha has great talent...kid only played in 30-some games and had to transition to NA. It's a risk but one worth taking. All that skill in a player that size is rare.

I definitely don't disagree. But I can see why someone would. Though the quotes from his coach in that red line report write-up on him were kinda promising; talking about how it took him a little while to get settled into the right game, and how he didn't really get to hit his stride for more than a few games at a time with all the injuries and suspensions.

http://www.redlinereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Pavel-Zacha-draft-spotlight1.pdf

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
I definitely don't disagree. But I can see why someone would. Though the quotes from his coach in that red line report write-up on him were kinda promising; talking about how it took him a little while to get settled into the right game, and how he didn't really get to hit his stride for more than a few games at a time with all the injuries and suspensions.

http://www.redlinereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Pavel-Zacha-draft-spotlight1.pdf

Don't know your needs but, would you trade your 1st for Buff and our 1st 17 overall. Just putting it out their.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Could throw in Burmistrov, 22yr old 3rd line defensive Center has never played with offensively gifted players. Has very good puck possession stats. Has 5 yrs of NHL rights left.

so basically throwing in nothing

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Considering he is still well enough to play I doubt it alters his draft position. Don't see any scenario where Strome falls out of the top 4.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Could throw in Burmistrov, 22yr old 3rd line defensive Center has never played with offensively gifted players. Has very good puck possession stats. Has 5 yrs of NHL rights left.

I like Burmistrov, but he's actually gonna be 24 by the time next season starts, and besides that isn't nearly enough value to drop out of the top-10 in a draft with this many good forwards available.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If Hanafin falls or another team is high on Prov/Werenski I would be happy to trade down.

Something like #6 for #8 + Milano or Bjorkstrand

we'd def have to dangle more than that, cbj loves both those prospects

Why would Columbus trade their top 15 pick last year and this year's first rounder to move up two spots?

Most of the posters on our board wouldn't do any of these. I'm of a different mind. If Hanifin is available at 6 I'd trade Milano and a 3rd or next year's 2nd for that pick. If he is gone but Provorov is available I'd trade Rychel & the 38th pick to move up. Beyond that it gets a bit too pricey unless you toss in one of your young D prospects. But I'm not giving up #8 unless its that pick and Anaheim's 2nd. My objective/hope for the draft is to somehow get 2 of Hanifin/Provorov/Werenski.

DiscoBall

Jul 11, 2013
Stratton (802)
Most of the posters on our board wouldn't do any of these. I'm of a different mind. If Hanifin is available at 6 I'd trade Milano and a 3rd or next year's 2nd for that pick. If he is gone but Provorov is available I'd trade Rychel & the 38th pick to move up. Beyond that it gets a bit too pricey unless you toss in one of your young D prospects. But I'm not giving up #8 unless its that pick and Anaheim's 2nd. My objective/hope for the draft is to somehow get 2 of Hanifin/Provorov/Werenski.

No #8, No Hanafin/Prov party

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
If we were to trade down with Columbus, I'm sure Lou would be asking for more than 8th overall + a 2nd rounder.

I know Bjorkstrand/Milano is a bit of a pipedream, but I'm sure Columbus wouldn't be the only team calling us if Hanifin or even Proporov are still on the table at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EMCt6GNLx4

(my Youtube embeddings never seem to work)

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
If we were to trade down with Columbus, I'm sure Lou would be asking for more than 8th overall + a 2nd rounder.

I know Bjorkstrand/Milano is a bit of a pipedream, but I'm sure Columbus wouldn't be the only team calling us if Hanifin or even Proporov are still on the table at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EMCt6GNLx4

(my Youtube embeddings never seem to work)

My thing with moving down a couple spots is the chance to add something else plus still have a shot at Barzal, Zacha, Rantanen. I believe someone like Columbus might want Provorov. No idea who the Flyers would want but im guessing they take one of the forwards mentioned but i still will gladly take any of those guys and be very happy. Its possible that the Flyers want that other Dman too, drawing a blank on his name.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
My thing with moving down a couple spots is the chance to add something else plus still have a shot at Barzal, Zacha, Rantanen. I believe someone like Columbus might want Provorov. No idea who the Flyers would want but im guessing they take one of the forwards mentioned but i still will gladly take any of those guys and be very happy. Its possible that the Flyers want that other Dman too, drawing a blank on his name.

Philly will most likely take Provorov if he's still there.
If not, they prob take Barzal, Zacha or Rantenan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad