Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

The price to move up in the past is another 2nd. rounder plus the pick.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I can't see either defender falling into their laps.

Buff-Eichel
Arizona-Strome
Toronto-Hanifin
Carolina-Provorov/Marmer
Devils-Provorov/Mamer
Flyers-Don't care..

There's a pretty good chance that Hanifin is the only defenseman taken in the first 7 or 8 picks. Teams are beginning to catch on that elite forwards are much harder to find outside the early first round, and they're drafting accordingly, like Colorado taking Mackinnon when Jones seemed to fit their organizational need more.

GhostofKenKlee

There's a pretty good chance that Hanifin is the only defenseman taken in the first 7 or 8 picks. Teams are beginning to catch on that elite forwards are much harder to find outside the early first round, and they're drafting accordingly, like Colorado taking Mackinnon when Jones seemed to fit their organizational need more.

I don't know, Hanifin and Ivan are highly rated as well. I get that this is a deep draft. But alot of scouts are high on the Russian and Hanifin is projected to be a Niedermayer type. Until recently I've seen Ivan projected at 5 and Hanifin at 6.

Yeah, I think they regret that to a degree since they do have a large void on defense re: Avalanche.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
How would Devs fans think of:
Trading our 6 OA and a 2nd or similar (maybe a dman), add a third? for Draistal and Yak? If a decent dman were available at 6. Edm fans would gripe but is value there or close?

Thinking was, it quikens the retool, they get what they want without giving up RNH, Hall, Ebs and get D help.

they will want Larsson, we say no

Thoughts?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
How would Devs fans think of:
Trading our 6 OA and a 2nd or similar (maybe a dman), add a third? for Draistal and Yak? If a decent dman were available at 6. Edm fans would gripe but is value there or close?

Thinking was, it quikens the retool, they get what they want without giving up RNH, Hall, Ebs and get D help.

they will want Larsson, we say no

Thoughts?

Nope, let's draft at 6th

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Why would Columbus trade their top 15 pick last year and this year's first rounder to move up two spots?

They wouldn't, but it's a question of the player available, not the number of spots.

The question is whether or not Hanifin is worth Zacha and a prospect.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
A lot of that video was nontransferable skill in my opinion.

I dunno i think his shot overall is pretty transferable. As well as his speed. Im sure NHL Dman wont let him blow past as easy but still, you can see he has speed and he has the hands to make moves at top speed so lets not get crazy and say nothing is transferable.

But i do think we need to relax a little about highlight videos. I believe one of the complaints about Zacha is when he isnt into the game he is just lost and not in the right place. Also heard his hockey IQ isnt as high as some of the others.

But he does have that one-timer down from the dot it looks like.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I dunno i think his shot overall is pretty transferable. As well as his speed. Im sure NHL Dman wont let him blow past as easy but still, you can see he has speed and he has the hands to make moves at top speed so lets not get crazy and say nothing is transferable.

But i do think we need to relax a little about highlight videos. I believe one of the complaints about Zacha is when he isnt into the game he is just lost and not in the right place. Also heard his hockey IQ isnt as high as some of the others.

But he does have that one-timer down from the dot it looks like.

His shot is definitely NHL-ready.

Building off what you said, my concern from viewings of him is his play when he doesn't have the puck, which you can't see in highlight videos. I'm not looking for a Sam Reinhart type support player (although that would be incredible), I'm just looking for a little more support from him.

GhostofKenKlee

If Hanifin really does make it to six because some have the theory is harder to get forwards, LL would be foolish not to take him. But I doubt he or Ivan go past the Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad