Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I've somewhat done that in prior drafts.

In the Josefson draft year, I was asking for Palmieri for weeks leading up.

He's not the 2nd coming of Dave Taylor but he's clearly been better than JJ thus far.

I've taken Conte's whiffs seriously as poor scouting/drafting is the crux of our current unsatisfactory status.

The lack of skilled & talented players at forward is the root cause of 4 out of 5 non playoff seasons.
Our forward corps was as impotent and punchless as you can put on the ice this past season.

Conte has a chance this June to relieve the drought, especially with our first pick.
He's shown signs of a rebirth in recent drafts which has given hope.

Let's hope he scores a hatty with our first 3 picks and then adds one for good measure in the later rounds.

You do know that the grass ain't alway greener on the other side! The knowledge, network and connections Conte and he's scoutingstaff has build the last 20 years or so is something you don't just replace with a push on a button. I'll take that 10/10 times, for all we know they could be putting in new younger scouts or giving the information to the new generation. I do think that Lou and Conte know how old they both are and the keys need to chance at some point in time. I think conte is one off the more respected guys around he's part of hockey and if he was let go 20 teams would offer him some kind of front office position. He knowledge not just in scouting but around all of hockey is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad