Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
FWIW the draft lottery on the 18th will NOT be televised live, but will be made available after the fact.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/n...-draft-lottery-available-for-first-time-ever/

Multiple sources have confirmed to thn.com that even though this year’s draft lottery will not be televised live, a video of the entire process will be made available for public consumption after the fact.

The lottery has been available in previous years to ensure there is not impropriety, but it will likely be televised this year for mass consumption, as well as be available on the website. With so much at stake, the league wants everyone to have the opportunity to see the process unfold so there will be no accusations of impropriety. With large market teams such as the Toronto Maple Leafs, Philadelphia Flyers and (possibly) the Los Angeles Kings having a chance at getting the first pick and the right to draft phenom Connor McDavid, sources say the league wants to make sure everyone can see evidence that the process is above-board.

“There will be full disclosure,†a source said. What form that disclosure takes is not yet known because both the league and its broadcast partners – Rogers Sportsnet, NBC Sports and TVA Sports – are still working out the details. We do know that the lottery will be held the night of April 18, which is the first Saturday of the playoffs. It will likely be held as part of the pre-game show for that night’s national game, which will be decided once the final playoff seedings have been determined. All 14 teams that have a chance of winning the lottery will be invited to send a representative to the event.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
FWIW the draft lottery on the 18th will NOT be televised live, but will be made available after the fact.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/n...-draft-lottery-available-for-first-time-ever/

[NHL]243903[/NHL]

The actual drawing won't be shown live, which is how they've always done it. They actually released the (partial) video of the drawing a couple years ago. It's not the most exciting thing to watch (they draw four balls out of fourteen) and then look at a spreadsheet to see who has the winning combination.

The league doesn't do the drawing, Ernst & Young does it. But the tinfoil hat crowd will continue to believe in conspiracy theories no matter what.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think Conte's draft policy has always been to take the best player available, never drafting for need.

lou has said that they saw the need to draft d-men to address it, and has said he plans to address the fwd need this year.

Obviously if a highly rated guy falls they will pick him regardless of need.

Look at Carolina's prospect pool as well as their current lineup and you'll see they are rather small and are not very physical. Nearly all of their forwards with NHL potential are 6'1" or under. I would think it possible they pass on a guy 5'10 and 165 pounds in favor or a guy like Crouse as he's EXACTLY what they are missing.

Marner has skill no question but at 165, I'm sure there is some questions about his size and durability as there typically are with small players. Size alone is what will keep Marner from being a top 3 or 4 pick but for NJ, I think he's worth that risk - for Carolina, I just think there are better options for them.

I really don't know what Carolina's prospect pool looks like but given that Crouse is rated on so many boards, if what you're saying is true then it makes me hopeful that Marner could fall.
If I ever get a cat, I'm going to name it Antero Kiittymaki. My friend also had a cat named Esa T. Kitten.

My cat is name Kittles. After Kerry Kittles. Former NJ Nets sg.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Since when is Philly a "large market"?

4th largest media market in the USA. Are you saying only top three are large? That's very much a losing argument.

Now, the case can certainly be made that Philly is more of a Flyers-loving market than a hockey loving market but that's also been a dying notion in recent years.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don't see how Marner drops to us if Arizona doesn't pick in the top 2 because they already have Domi and Dvorak and then there's the Leafs with Mark Hunter

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm thinking some combination of Hanifin/Strome/Marner goes 3-5, leaving us with a choice of Crouse/Zacha/Provorov/Barzal/Rantanen/Werenski at #6. It doesn't seem like there's much separation in that group, so I wouldn't be surprised by any of them being our pick.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
All of this talk about Crouse, Rantanen, Barzal, Zacha, etc will all be a waste come April 18th. We are winning the lottery.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I don't see how Marner drops to us if Arizona doesn't pick in the top 2 because they already have Domi and Dvorak and then there's the Leafs with Mark Hunter

I think Leafs take Strome. I think Marner will be available at 5. Hope Carolina takes a Dman bc that might be a bigger need for them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we win the lottery, I'll be celebrating good times.

Anybody but BuffaLOL at this point. I have more respect for the Toronto fans at this point, at least more than half are still rooting for their team to win. Buffalo is a sad sack of **** with a bunch of bozos who pay to go to a game to cheer their team to lose. And their GM comes out and says he's been fantasizing and salivating about McDavid. **** this loser franchise. They need to be investigated for purposely trying to lose games.

I truly feel that one day something will be leaked about how they were trying to throw games. Maybe not the extent of the 84 Pens, but something isn't right there.

This is all ******** with them. Seeing how that organization and fanbase has celebrated and embraced their losing this year, actually makes me sick that I even suggested keeping DeBoer earlier in the year because "he gives us the best chance to lose".

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
hanafin?

sure, this a few years old but a good read.

i just hope conte has his **** straight and makes the right call on draft day this year…..and not show up red ****ig faced like youve been drinking out of a flask in the bathroom wearing a crappy tailored suit.

simple huh? then DO IT!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9417/scouting_is_simple_says_the_devils_david_conte/

Funny because that year, we didn't have a pick until #57 when we drafted Mike Hoeffel....yup - that went far....

Bad part is the seeds were sewn with the Euro scout to taking Teden-bust the following year.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I laugh at the draft Video supposedly making it clear that there is no fix....they draw a number then it's mysteriously matched up against a list to determine which team has that number...nope, the league can't intervene there at all...clearly on the up and up.

Who pays E&Y to conduct this lottery? The NHL right? Hey guys, he's 50K, make it look legitimate....

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I laugh at the draft Video supposedly making it clear that there is no fix....they draw a number then it's mysteriously matched up against a list to determine which team has that number...nope, the league can't intervene there at all...clearly on the up and up.

Who pays E&Y to conduct this lottery? The NHL right? Hey guys, he's 50K, make it look legitimate....

Think it would take slightly more than 50k considering it's a $27 billion dollar firm. And w/ projections it's more like 35 billion-ish.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
another draft thread already?

bmcpN5c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad