Prospect Info: The 2015 Draft Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
For anybody else who might want to play psuedo-scout, Fox Sports Detroit (DirecTV 663, Dish Network 430, Uverse 1737) will be playing the US U-18 game against Michigan State on late Friday night.

Along with being able to see Josh Jacobs on Michigan State, the US squad will feature Colin White, Jeremy Bracco, Jordan Greenway, and Christian Fischer who are expected to go in the top 40-50. Plus they have Auston Matthews and Matt Tkachuk who'll be draft eligible in 2016.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I mean I'm just playing the role of a couch scout and in the WJC I didn't see much other than a big body grinder.

His line single-handedly pinned Russia in their own end multiple times and changed the momentum of the game. He also has an excellent shot and great hands, so I don't see him being a grinder. Imo, his potential is a player like Rick Nash which would be huge for any team. Whether you take him over a guy like Zacha is debateable, but he definitely has legitimate potential. Anyone who has a significant impact on the world juniors as an underager deserves attention.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
His line single-handedly pinned Russia in their own end multiple times and changed the momentum of the game. He also has an excellent shot and great hands, so I don't see him being a grinder. Imo, his potential is a player like Rick Nash which would be huge for any team. Whether you take him over a guy like Zacha is debateable, but he definitely has legitimate potential. Anyone who has a significant impact on the world juniors as an underager deserves attention.

I'm always a little skeptical of kids who are that big that young. I'm also skeptical of a kid rated that high despite average offensive numbers, and players noted more for what their line does than personal success. You could be right, of course. He could be the next Cam Neely. Or he could be the next Hugh Jessiman. He's just a big gamble IMO, and we would do better to draft a more sure-thing player if possible.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
you know what. **** it, you cant wear 97 but i hear 17 is open again.

so sad this has come down to a team that is on par with tripe like the canes, sabres and oilers…… truly sad. ….and being what?…around 10 points behind the perennial joke of toronto.

…total ********.

sell sell sell…..

im finally onboard

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
My guess is we finish with the 5th overall. Whether or not we pick 5th, 6th, or 1st is another matter.

5th seems a realistic projection of where we could finish, and even though I'm not part of the tank movement in the sense that I can't root for my team to lose, I do hope we don't drop out of the top 5 when all is said and done. After this season of pain, I'd like the comfort of a top five pick.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
5th seems a realistic projection of where we could finish, and even though I'm not part of the tank movement in the sense that I can't root for my team to lose, I do hope we don't drop out of the top 5 when all is said and done. After this season of pain, I'd like the comfort of a top five pick.

I just don't see us going beyond 6th at worst unless we go on a crazy run. Teams like dallas, Colorado, and Columbus aren't going to fall behind us to push us out of the top 5.

The leafs could go into freefall but they are to far ahead to fall behind us either.

I think 4-6 is where we will safely land.

Now if that turns into a lotto win or if we get pushed back because someone behind us wins is another story.

Edit: 5th also assumes Carolina and Arizona and not philly finish behind us which isn't guranteed.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
you know what. **** it, you cant wear 97 but i hear 17 is open again.

so sad this has come down to a team that is on par with tripe like the canes, sabres and oilers…… truly sad. ….and being what?…around 10 points behind the perennial joke of toronto.

…total ********.

sell sell sell…..

im finally onboard

No shame, this season is cooked and this group has had its run. I'm looking forward to watching a new, young Devils team come together over the next few years...it just has to be done properly.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
The Coyotes are up 2-0 on WPG. If they hold on we'll be looking at

2) Carolina - 30
3) Buffalo - 31
4) AZ - 36
5) NJD - 37

It's not out of the realm of possibility that we could finish with the 3rd worst record, especially if we sell.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Finishing with the #3 pick would kind of annoy me more than finishing with the #10 pick tbh. It's like finishing fourth at the Olympics.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

2) Carolina - 30
3) Buffalo - 31
4) AZ - 36
5) NJD - 37

It's not out of the realm of possibility that we could finish with the 3rd worst record, especially if we sell.

I hope Lou has the sense to try to sell as much of the deadweight on this team as possible. Bottom three could give us Marner which would make me a happy girl.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

2) Carolina - 30
3) Buffalo - 31
4) AZ - 36
5) NJD - 37

The yotes nuke is going to change things and they will get worse. Canes are also not going to really get any better.

There is no reason to assume they fall past 3rd.

We also aren't going to go on any epic 4 game losing streaks again this year. To many guys have picked their play up enough to ensure we grab points and loser points to keep us from being as bad as real bottom of the league.

Like I said we finish 5th. Just behind Philly most likely who finishes 6th and I will ****ing riot if they win the lotto.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Finishing with the #3 pick would kind of annoy me more than finishing with the #10 pick tbh. It's like finishing fourth at the Olympics.

It's an awful spot to be because odds are we end up picking 4th overall and watch someone else (God forbid it's philly or Toronto) getting McDavid while the oilers get another forward to ruin forever in Eichel.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's an awful spot to be because odds are we end up picking 4th overall and watch someone else (God forbid it's philly or Toronto) getting McDavid while the oilers get another forward to ruin forever in Eichel.

Which I could actually see happening. Which is the main reason I can't get wrapped up 'at all' in draft position talk.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Really depends who we can move at the deadline. At the minimum, Jagr and Zidlicky need to be shipped out.

Without those two guys alone, really what are we looking at? A truly awful team that's what. The problem as I see it is the foursome of Edmonton/Carolina/Buffalo/Arizona are so epically awful that's it's really uphill. But like you said, early days.

And Az has three games at hand.

I think 4th is an absolute best case scenario short of winning the lottery.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
The yotes nuke is going to change things and they will get worse. Canes are also not going to really get any better.

There is no reason to assume they fall past 3rd.

We also aren't going to go on any epic 4 game losing streaks again this year. To many guys have picked their play up enough to ensure we grab points and loser points to keep us from being as bad as real bottom of the league.

Like I said we finish 5th. Just behind Philly most likely who finishes 6th and I will ****ing riot if they win the lotto.

Our next 4 opponents are the Islanders, Kings, Ducks, and Sharks. That could very easily be a 4 game losing streak.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

:laugh:

I see what your saying but I'd still rather have 1st pick at best of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad