Prospect Info: The 2014 Draft Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Ho-sang has been dynamic and better in all three zones. His play has nothing to do with his stock. Well he could improve but almost all offensive minded guys could.

The off ice antics are what have made him slip.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Yea, we should go for the best size/skill combo forward out there. I don't have a lot of faith in these midget players.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Draft North Americans. All of our top prospects are North American and a large majority of our draft busts are import players from places like Sweden.

Again, this logic is terrible, if the BPA is swedish you draft him. The other Swedes/euros on this team have no bearing on a future one.

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Ho-sang could potentially be a Giroux type pick. He wasn't that big either when he was drafted, still quite some risk though

Last edited:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
So here's what we'll probably get:

Jack Glover, RD - 6-3 195 LB D from Minnesota. (projected to go anywhere from 25-30)
Tony DeAngelo, RD - 5'10 175 LB from Philly (projected to go anywhere from 10-23)
Jack Dougherty, RD - 6'2 185 from Minn (28-30)

Dougherty is an intelligent defenseman who tries to blend strong positioning while trying to inflict a physical dimension on his opponent. He isn't the fleetest of foot, but does get where he needs to go. He also makes a strong first pass and has solid offensive instincts.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=204300

Looking for American D-Men. Heh.

devs1616

Jan 26, 2014
Again, this logic is terrible, if the BPA is swedish you draft him. The other Swedes/euros on this team have no bearing on a future one.

Yes it does. Apparently the way the game is played in Europe doesn't correlate with the system that the devils play.

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Wait, what happened to this kid? I think a few years ago, people had him as a top 5 pick... or maybe I'm thinking of somebody else with a similar last name o_0

I thought this as well and he was hyped up to be a top 5 pick couple years ago. I read that he has all the skill in the world, but hogs the puck a lot, doesn't really utilize his team mates, and etc. I'm not sure how much of that has changed. CerebralGenesis also posted this

he seems to be all over the place with his draft position.

Ho-sang has been dynamic and better in all three zones. His play has nothing to do with his stock. Well he could improve but almost all offensive minded guys could.

The off ice antics are what have made him slip.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
“He’s a physical player and effective on the forecheck,” NHL director of European Scouting Goran Stubb said. “He works real hard and finishes his checks well.”

Anton Karlsson. A Swedish forechecker. Conte and DeBoer are drooling

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Yes it does. Apparently the way the game is played in Europe doesn't correlate with the system that the devils play.

That's why Lou only has 7 canadiens on this team and went out and acquired another Euro?

Hilarious!

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Has us taking DeAngelo at 30. Some funny stuff. Go Lou take the D!

This site just follows rankings-it doesn't take team needs and other prospects into their mock draft.
Regardless Deangelo has been suspended by his team for disrespecting another player on his team. At least Merrill's issues dealt with not going to school and whatnot and not being a dick in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad