Prospect Info: The 2014 Draft Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainGoat

any Centers around the 30th pick we should be looking at?

seriously though this is great news, Ruutu and a 1st round pick in a span of 2 days

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
any Centers around the 30th pick we should be looking at?

seriously though this is great news, Ruutu and a 1st round pick in a span of 2 days

theres some but its looking like this is the year for late-first wingers.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Scherbak would be a great pickup at 30. He's projected in that range and could fall. 6'2" RW doing very well for himself at the age of 17-18 in the WHL.

definitely coming round on him. hoping Lou doesnt go off board or defense (or both lol)

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Been a schmaltz fan all year.

Him, fabbri, or ho-sang round 1
Mistele, macinnis, or lemieux round 2

Obviously ignoring dmen.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Watched a lot of goldobin with sarnia while boucher was there. Would be a great pick at 30, dudes got a ton of offensive talent.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Watched a lot of goldobin with sarnia while boucher was there. Would be a great pick at 30, dudes got a ton of offensive talent.

hes also the spitting image of my little brother, from the pics ive seen anyhow :laugh:

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Conner Bleackley & Nick Schmaltz look like interesting choices, didn't look through much only went based on McKenzie's 20+

I don't think Nikita Scherbak will be at 30.

What happened to Josh Ho-Sang? I remember him being hyped to be the #1 in this draft a few years ago. His size?

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Conner Bleackley & Nick Schmaltz look like interesting choices, didn't look through much only went based on McKenzie's 20+

I don't think Nikita Scherbak will be at 30.

What happened to Josh Ho-Sang? I remember him being hyped to be the #1 in this draft a few years ago. His size?

he was hovering around 25 in january. I saw a more recent report that says hes jumped up a bit. no idea, I could see a Shinkaruk situation with him

Moe Syzlak

Sep 27, 2009
It seems like in each of the past few years they've said that that year's draft is just mediocre or below average in talent and that the next year is loaded with talent. But then when the next year comes, they same the exact same thing as the year before.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
It seems like in each of the past few years they've said that that year's draft is just mediocre or below average in talent and that the next year is loaded with talent. But then when the next year comes, they same the exact same thing as the year before.

But there are some great players in next years draft like Eichel and McDavid, i would say that last years draft was a solid deep draft

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Brendan Lemieux is ranked 37th, wouldn't mind picking Claude's son. :)

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
On Craig Buttons list, Jake Virtanen is like 47th for some reason, i dont know if his stock dropped, but it would be sweet to get him

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

I think 2013 was a better draft. Given what Brodeur said (poster), he knows his stuff.

The top ranked kids here would go behind the top ranked kids last year. That tells me alot.

But you never know. I'm happy the Devils are getting something rather than nothing. Lou has done well in the 2nd round in recent years, hopefully he can pick up a late rounder here that will be an impact.

devs1616

Jan 26, 2014
Draft North Americans. All of our top prospects are North American and a large majority of our draft busts are import players from places like Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad