Prospect Info: The 2014 Draft Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Just wanted to get this one started for the draft geeks in our bunch. Here are some links for those who are interested:

Bob McKenzie's midseason ranking: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9593
Craig Button's ranking: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649
ISS: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=114013
Red Line Report: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nhl-draft-red-line-report-defensemen/5952761/
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...23/nhl-draft-red-line-report-january/4807865/

The general feeling is that the draft is below average. Up top, Reinhart/Ekblad probably would have gone after MacKinnon/Barkov/Drouin/Jones last year. It looks like a particularly bad year for defense. Lots of smallish, skilled forwards who might not translate to the pros.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
We should just get two WHL guys. In the 30-45 range.

They seem to work out for us.

I do see quite a few Swedes there as well. (Haha...)

Mory Schneideur*

Unreal to see this :laugh: Anything anyone said bad about Lou this year is suddenly reversed and tossed out

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
oh god Oscar Lindblom is ranked around 30th. no Conte, noooooo!

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
wtf is wrong with drafting a Swede? Going against someone because of their nationality is the dumbest thing I've ever seen especially with the amount of swedes having success in the NHL.

Anyway, I want Adrian Kempe.

lightsout

Jul 27, 2007
DOB: 1996

:facepalm:

I was a 10 year old watching the Olympics in Atlanta on tv and they were busy being born.

Yea yea some people here are older and were collecting social security when I was born.

DeAngelo has fallen, especially considering which ranking you look at. I'm pretty sure last year in the fall (2012) he was a top 10 pick.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
wtf is wrong with drafting a Swede? Going against someone because of their nationality is the dumbest thing I've ever seen especially with the amount of swedes having success in the NHL.

Dude don't take it out on us. Talk to Pete.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
gonna be a good player, but hes another big body, plays physical, likes to fight kinda guy. probably ends up like Clowe, perhaps better

Im saying "eff it" at this point and draft all guys of that ilk. And granted we prob lock Ruutu up to an extension as soon as he is eligible, but sooner or later the million and one old brown boots that we have will retire.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Im saying "eff it" at this point and draft all guys of that ilk. And granted we prob lock Ruutu up to an extension as soon as he is eligible, but sooner or later the million and one old brown boots that we have will retire.

win a cup by attrition. its a bold move :laugh:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Ryan Hartman
Tanner Pearson
Richard Rakell
Brock Nelson
Simon Depres
Thomas McCollum
Nick Ross
Matt Corrente
Vladmir Mihalik
Andy Rogers

that list almost makes me hope we take a 2nd round projection :sarcasm:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ryan Hartman
Tanner Pearson
Richard Rakell
Brock Nelson
Simon Depres
Thomas McCollum
Nick Ross
Matt Corrente
Vladmir Mihalik
Andy Rogers

that list almost makes me hope we take a 2nd round projection :sarcasm:

Ha, Bettman offered our 1st rnder back, Lou said "nah, give us the 30th we'll act like it's a 2nd rnd pick"

lucscaps

Jun 20, 2005
guelph, ont
oh man if they can get robbie fabbri at that pick that will be a steal.
not the biggest kid but he has insane wheels and is on the offensive whenever he's on the ice.
I've seen him many times here in Guelph, he doesn't stop

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Scherbak or Ballie please

im really surprised that Baillie isnt even ranked in MacKenzies top 50. everything up till now pointed towards high 2nd round. perhaps hes been a little highly rated. if we somehow got him late 2nd or 3rd it would be amazing. I like what I see from Scherbak though. good numbers

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I doubt David Pastrnak will be there and we can't trade up either but it would be nice if we got him.

My choices out of what I read(and the very little I watched because I didn't think we'd have have a 1st) would be..
1. David Pastrnak
2. Adrian Kempe
3. Jakub Vrana
4. Nikita Scherbak
5. Anton Karlsson

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I doubt David Pastrnak will be there and we can't trade up either but it would be nice if we got him.

My choices out of what I read(and the very little I watched because I didn't think we'd have have a 1st) would be..
1. David Pastrnak
2. Adrian Kempe
3. Jakub Vrana
4. Nikita Scherbak
5. Anton Karlsson

I stay away from anyone with the name Vrana Lol

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

1. David Pastrnak
2. Adrian Kempe
3. Jakub Vrana
4. Nikita Scherbak
5. Anton Karlsson

Why can't we trade up? Lou can pick a player for another team and then just trade the player to them.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Why can't we trade up? Lou can pick a player for another team and then just trade the player to them.

we cant trade up if we already drafted 30th lol

and if we conspire to trade the draftee for someone already drafted higher in the first, its gonna look bad and they league will probably **** us again haha

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
In the NBA they do that...but it doesn't seem that kind of thing happens in the NHL.

Doesn't it happen sometimes when two teams just trade players they've drafted?

Devils trade John Smith (30) and Carl Lastname (49) for Arthur Nobody (14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad