The 2013 Oilers Preview (Season Starts In Van on Jan. 20th)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
...I just checked the Oilers' schedule on their website, and all it is showing for televised games so far are the games CBC and TSN are covering. Sportsnet will be picking up the rest, either on Sportsnet West or Sportsnet Oilers. I think last season Sportsnet covered every other game not covered by one of the national networks.

It's quite obvious TSN gets dibs on the Sunday-Friday games so once they get their broadcast schedule set with the powers that be, Sportsnet regional broadcasts will get the rest. So, seeing how the Flames play at 5:00 on the 20th and the Oilers game isn't until 7:00 and neither game is on TSN, I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say the game will be on Sportsnet Oilers.

I didn't check to see if anyone posted this or not, but the Canucks play the Ducks in Vancouver the night before. Hopefully the kids will be able to skate circles around them since most of the Canucks roster hasn't played a game since Game 5 last spring.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Just saw an interesting tidbit from Bob McKenzie.

It only takes 6 pro games to burn a year off an ELC now.

That means there's only a 5 game try-out rather than the last CBA's 9.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
has anybody seen an official sportsnet schedule yet? the oilers website has the TSN and CBC games, but doesn't have the sportsnet games yet... i know that most of the rest will be covered by sportsnet, but there is usually 1 or 2 that aren't picked up for some reason, and i like knowing which games those are in advance

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
I don't remember having 1 or 2 not picked up, they all get picked up and are shown on sportsnet or sportsnet oilers

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't remember having 1 or 2 not picked up, they all get picked up and are shown on sportsnet or sportsnet oilers

actually, i think you're right now that i think about it... i kinda forgot about the sportsnet oilers channel... i think i'm thinking back a couple years to when that channel didn't exist yet

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
ok so who do you guys want.. Lu or Schneider?

i'll make sure to tell AV to start whichever you guys don't want vs the ducks.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Just looked at the TSn schedule games--

big shock they are covering 10 Leaf games vs 6 oiles, canucks and jets

Why would it be a big shock... They have the biggest TV market and probably the most fans of any team in Canada. Pretty expected and logical if you've ever watched hockey..

Jul 19, 2012
9 game road trip

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?date=01/13/2013&team=EDM

Grueling 9 game roadie starting Feb 25 vs Chicago ending Mrch 12 vs Colorado. Going to make or break their season and still if in contention 3 games vs Anaheim and the Flames late in the season will also be critical. I checked the other Western Conference teams that the Oilers will be competing for a playoff spot with and only the Ducks seem to have anything close. Nobody yet has a schedule with a 9 game road trip but I haven't checked all 29 yet. This must be when the stupid rodeo is on.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Why would it be a big shock... They have the biggest TV market and probably the most fans of any team in Canada. Pretty expected and logical if you've ever watched hockey..

Both TSN and the Leaves are owned by the same company as well.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?date=01/13/2013&team=EDM

Grueling 9 game roadie starting Feb 25 vs Chicago ending Mrch 12 vs Colorado. Going to make or break their season and still if in contention 3 games vs Anaheim and the Flames late in the season will also be critical. I checked the other Western Conference teams that the Oilers will be competing for a playoff spot with and only the Ducks seem to have anything close. Nobody yet has a schedule with a 9 game road trip but I haven't checked all 29 yet. This must be when the stupid rodeo is on.

The Brier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad