GDT: That Ain't The Friggin' Christmas Star Gris: Stars @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Interesting that Dallas has Benn, Seguin, and Radulov all on different lines.
It’s worked out really well so far. If we can add a scoring winger at the deadline for Seguin’s line, I’ll be really happy with our forward group from top to bottom. Janmark is a sneaky fantastic player.

Has Lehtonen ever in his career had a competent defense in front of him? Honest question because he has only been a Thrasher and Star, two franchises who are not known for defense. I don’t think he is a great goalie but I think there are a handful of starters in this league that are worse.

As far as Kari goes, I really think his play the last 3 years has been blown out of proportion due to the play style in front of him. The amount of high-quality chances the stars had been giving up under Lindy Ruff was more infuriating than anything. Prior to Ruff, Kari was our best player year in and year out. He’s the sole reason the 2011-2014 Stars weren’t bottom 5 in the league.

Bishop is the Stars’ #1, but Kari has been on a hot streak so they’re gonna keep riding him.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
hah I totally forgot about PDB looking like that guy

Whereas Hynes looks like Kevin Willard, who ironically also coaches at the Rock (for Seton Hall), they really gotta have a marketing campaign around that :P

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Same lineup playing against the Stars that faced Montreal. Schneider starting on back-to-back nights. Hall, Palmieri and Johansson still out.

Could get ugly against a team that has a lot more fire power than Montreal.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
It sucks that we didn't get anyone back for tonight but we played really well yesterday, lets see what the kids can do again. Pretty encouraging that Hall, Palms and Johansson skated today, we just need to hold on for a little bit longer. Going to be awesome seeing them all back cause we're going to tear shit up.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'll just come out and say it. I hate Chevy Chase. He's a jerk. Not very funny at all. And National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is overrated

200w.gif

Reactions: MartyOwns

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Would anyone take my 2 tickets in section 101, row 4 if I can't make the game tonight?

Just putting out a feeler because my wife is currently 30 minutes from home and it's about 90 minutes in traffic to the game. I want to go but it may just be easier to stay in. If someone can take the tickets, at least then I'd know they got used.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
strong advanced gate tonight but Mother Nature has other ideas.

Will be a very late arriving crowd and a lot lighter due to this snow that has made all the roads on a Friday commute like parking lots.
There goes the home ice advantage.

Take the train people.

Last edited:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Chevy Chase is a scumbag and he really isn't that funny. The funniest things about Christmas Vacation are not because of him, but the rest of the cast around him.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Would anyone take my 2 tickets in section 101, row 4 if I can't make the game tonight?

Just putting out a feeler because my wife is currently 30 minutes from home and it's about 90 minutes in traffic to the game. I want to go but it may just be easier to stay in. If someone can take the tickets, at least then I'd know they got used.
If only it wasn't snowing Id have bought them :/

hopefully it wasnt too much of a setback

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
If the team can pull out another point tonight and we get back Hall, Palmieri, and maybe Johansson by Monday.. thatd be crazy good.

I dont like losing in regulation and I was wrong about the Kings game but Im equally as nervous about tonight as I was for LA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad