Toronto FC: TFC Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Hopefully!

The best case scenario would be, if Italy ties the game during the extra time... but it gets waived off, because the ref already whistled, while the players didn't hear it.... like the 6-2 for France against my Swiss team. :naughty:

(I hope it's understandable what I mean, it's difficult for me to explain it in English :laugh:)

Bummer if that really happened, but once the ref blows the whistle, that's it. Usually the ref blows it only when the ball is in a safe spot or not in full action.

Feenom

Jan 15, 2003
Spliffton
Visit site
As a neutral, I feel that Italy were a little unfortunate. Buffon played a great game, the red card might have gone either way but he definatley led with the studs and I really think Suarez bit Chiellini. I think Fifa will review and kick him out of the tourney which they should do.

With all the Ronaldo talk in past posts about him, he's no biter or spitter.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I wonder what happens inside Suarez head. He score goals in ways few other can do because he never give up on a play. But the same intensity seem to put him in trouble time after time because he just reacts like a reptile without thinking about the consequences of his actions.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
it doesnt matter if he gets booted from the tourney, the non-call kept Italy from advancing ...if he was Red carded like he should have been, 10 aside would not have resulted in Uruguay's goal

here is a bite link

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Luis Suarez has now surpassed Marc Savard in terms of biting. Savard bit 2 fingers (Tucker and Carcillo), Suarez has had at least 3 documented biting incidents now.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Italy, Spain, England are out. Let's hope that Germany and Portugal get kicked out as well. :D

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Horrible call gives Greece the game and eliminates Ivory Coast. Unbelievable.

Hand of God

Greece hit the bar three times. They've been fairly unlucky in this tournament and they finally got the call they needed.

I don't think anybody expected a matchup consisting of Greece and Costa Rica :laugh: but I love it.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
it doesnt matter if he gets booted from the tourney, the non-call kept Italy from advancing ...if he was Red carded like he should have been, 10 aside would not have resulted in Uruguay's goal

here is a bite link

Not at all... Uruguay scored on a corner kick. There were 8 Italians defending and 7 Uruguayans attacking. Being a man down had nothing to do with it... just a convenient excuse for an Italian team that really wasnt any good, losing 2 games and getting outplayed in the only game they didnt lose.

Every team is going to get an important bad call against them at some point in this tournament... Just off the top of my head it's already happened to Croatia, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Bosnia, England, Iran, France, Costa Rica. I'm sure there are many more but I obviously can't recall them all off the top of my head. Italy aren't the only ones who've had a bad call go against them.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Congrats, Greece! Well deserved! Can they repeat the wonder of 2004? I don't think so. ;)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
ParallelHelpfulBongo.gif

Embellish? Sure. But he clearly obstructed his foot.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Suarez should get banned but FIFA won't find the 'Conclusive' evidence because.. Well.. FIFA.

That was a clear penalty in the Greece game. Tough call but that's the breaks

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Luis Suarez is an amazing footballer I mean he does things people dream of doing and he scores in bunches and he plays with passion. But he lets his emotions get the best of him and he ends up doing stupid things like chewing up Ivanovic lol.

My take on the game however, Italy didn't play as well as they should have the only players who are allowed to hold their head high are Pirlo, Veratti and Buffon everyone else sucked. Uruguay look like a completely different team with a half fit Suarez, if he doesn't get suspended they'll be one too watch.

Colombia looked meh, but when James Rodriguez came on the whole game changed. The kid is a star he could win the golden ball if he keeps this up he's created (assists/scoring) 5 goals more than anyone in the tournament and has singlehandedly won the Colombians 3 games. Not to mention of the 9 goals they scored he was crucial to 8 of them. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him, he could end up being the best player on the planet.

Didn't watch the Greece CIV game but that was a soft penalty from the replay

Also I was high on the Blue Samurais but Kagwa and Okubo sucked so much

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ghana has a chance to advance if they beat Portugal. Highly unlikely they forfeit the chance to advance just over a silly bonus dispute that could be settled later.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
It's been an incredible world cup. England, Italy, Portugal and Spain all out. Costa Rica taking on 2 top 10 teams and draws with England AND they get Greece in the knockout round. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad