Toronto FC: TFC Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Good players do.. especially when they aren't going down on the slightest of contact. I understand that all players dive to a degree but Chile was just hard to watch today. It was like it was a designed play or something

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I just don't look at Ronaldo's doings, with Di Maria/Benzema/Bale/Özil/Modrich/Khedira/isco, as outstanding as what Suarez does with Sturridge/Sterling/Gerrard/Coutinho.

What Suarez did, in context, is incredible.

I don't hate CR7, but he and Messi are both international choke artists. Messi has been better in this WC, as has Suarez. I think Messi is a better player overall, and the best in the world. I think Neymar has the potential to be the next one. Suarez has put himself in the now 5-man discussion (Ibrahimovich deserves credit here, too).
Your arguments make very little sense. To suggest a player who did great in 1 season therefore trumps what another player did because his team is "weaker" is ridiculous .Not to mention Liverpool finished 2nd while Madrid finished 3rd. To even suggest Gerrard as not "that good" is ridiculous considering for the past 10 years he was one of the top 5-10 players in the midfield, probably better than Lampard he just didn't have as much success. The funny thing about your whole "weaker" team argument is that Liverpool's partnership of Sturridge and Suarez combined for 53 goals while Real Madrid's partnership of Ronaldo and Benzema scored 48, wouldn't that mean Liverpool had a "better" attack?

When Ronaldo scored 46 goals to help win La Liga he didn't have Bale, Modric , or Isco on the team and Di Maria wasn't a starter hell even Isco isn't a starter and Modric rotates usually .

There's a reason why Ronaldo and Messi are considered the best players, because they've been doing it at the worlds best pace for 5 seasons now, something Suarez has yet to do. He had 1 great season and 1 good season but thats IT .A big reason he scored that many goals is that he had less games to play, less cold streaks and he could focus solely on EPL games. Suarez has to prove himself which he has to do next season but you can't just say that his goals mean more because you think Liverpool has a weaker team.

Also, one more thing to note Suarez vs the top 5 in the EPL scored 3 goal in 9 games while Ronaldo had 7 goals in 8 games vs the top 5 in La Liga.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Your arguments make very little sense. To suggest a player who did great in 1 season therefore trumps what another player did because his team is "weaker" is ridiculous .Not to mention Liverpool finished 2nd while Madrid finished 3rd. To even suggest Gerrard as not "that good" is ridiculous considering for the past 10 years he was one of the top 5-10 players in the midfield, probably better than Lampard he just didn't have as much success. The funny thing about your whole "weaker" team argument is that Liverpool's partnership of Sturridge and Suarez combined for 53 goals while Real Madrid's partnership of Ronaldo and Benzema scored 48, wouldn't that mean Liverpool had a "better" attack?

When Ronaldo scored 46 goals to help win La Liga he didn't have Bale, Modric , or Isco on the team and Di Maria wasn't a starter hell even Isco isn't a starter and Modric rotates usually .

There's a reason why Ronaldo and Messi are considered the best players, because they've been doing it at the worlds best pace for 5 seasons now, something Suarez has yet to do. He had 1 great season and 1 good season but thats IT .A big reason he scored that many goals is that he had less games to play, less cold streaks and he could focus solely on EPL games. Suarez has to prove himself which he has to do next season but you can't just say that his goals mean more because you think Liverpool has a weaker team.

Also, one more thing to note Suarez vs the top 5 in the EPL scored 3 goal in 9 games while Ronaldo had 7 goals in 8 games vs the top 5 in La Liga.

I'm no fan of Ronaldo in how he conduct himself both on and off the pitch. Won't get into the nitty gritty as to why because my post isn't about this aspect. Ronaldo not only is he along with Messi at a class in talent above every one else in the game he's one of the best talents ever to play the game.

What can't he do. He's a physical specimen and a flat out genius with the ball. Can make plays, can score in stride, in the air and from dead ball situations. It's just too bad he's such a primadonna ****** cause really that's what people don't like about him when they try to down grade him as a player.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
It's just too bad he's such a primadonna ****** cause really that's what people don't like about him when they try to down grade him as a player.

Exactly.

The first two games are set for the KO games:
Brazil-Chile
Netherlands-Mexico

These will be two great games! I hope that Chile and Netherlands will win... I doubt Chile wins, though. But who knows? With some luck and Vidal back in the starting 11.... One can dream. :)

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Italy will tie it in the 95th minute.

... geez, that was almost a great call, there was five minutes of extra time and Italy needed to tie. Problem for Italy is that they didn't score in either of their last two games.

Last edited:

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
... but unfortunately for Italy, there will only be a total of 4 minutes in extra time added.

Hopefully!

The best case scenario would be, if Italy ties the game during the extra time... but it gets waived off, because the ref already whistled, while the players didn't hear it.... like the 6-2 for France against my Swiss team. :naughty:

(I hope it's understandable what I mean, it's difficult for me to explain it in English :laugh:)

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I'm no fan of Ronaldo in how he conduct himself both on and off the pitch. Won't get into the nitty gritty as to why because my post isn't about this aspect. Ronaldo not only is he along with Messi at a class in talent above every one else in the game he's one of the best talents ever to play the game.

What can't he do. He's a physical specimen and a flat out genius with the ball. Can make plays, can score in stride, in the air and from dead ball situations. It's just too bad he's such a primadonna ****** cause really that's what people don't like about him when they try to down grade him as a player.
See, people like you make me laugh.It's all the same baseless mudslinging with no facts behind it, nothing to justify a dislike for the guy. There's a reason why you said "Won't get into the nitty gritty" because you have nothing to justify a dislike on or off the pitch and I'll tell you why. The fact that Ronaldo constantly goes out of his way to support charities is something to be praised for, you may say "he has to" but did he have to pay for a little boy's brain surgery to remove a tumor? No he didn't. He also put the kids scars as a pattern in his hair, that hardly makes him a "pimmadonna" at all. I find it very disappointing that people try to do anything they can to put the guy down just because they prefer another player. Ronaldo gets harped on for doing stuff on and off the field yet there's another player who tax evaded, and spat on players numerous times as well as kicking a ball at opposing fans. Don't know who I'm talking about? It's Lionel Messi, yet he's the guy who constantly gets praised and was called a "nice boy". The most people can come up with on Ronaldo is how he's a diver and a "crybaby" yet the only things people can back it up with is Ronaldo when he was between ages 17-22.

I'm not a blind defender of anyone, if Ronaldo does some stupid **** I will call him out on it but its not like the guy does that much stuff anymore. You can believe me or not but the guy doesn't deserve the crap he gets purely because he enjoys fashion and doing his hair :laugh: .

Feenom

Jan 15, 2003
Spliffton
Visit site
See, people like you make me laugh.It's all the same baseless mudslinging with no facts behind it, nothing to justify a dislike for the guy. There's a reason why you said "Won't get into the nitty gritty" because you have nothing to justify a dislike on or off the pitch and I'll tell you why. The fact that Ronaldo constantly goes out of his way to support charities is something to be praised for, you may say "he has to" but did he have to pay for a little boy's brain surgery to remove a tumor? No he didn't. He also put the kids scars as a pattern in his hair, that hardly makes him a "pimmadonna" at all. I find it very disappointing that people try to do anything they can to put the guy down just because they prefer another player. Ronaldo gets harped on for doing stuff on and off the field yet there's another player who tax evaded, and spat on players numerous times as well as kicking a ball at opposing fans. Don't know who I'm talking about? It's Lionel Messi, yet he's the guy who constantly gets praised and was called a "nice boy". The most people can come up with on Ronaldo is how he's a diver and a "crybaby" yet the only things people can back it up with is Ronaldo when he was between ages 17-22.

I'm not a blind defender of anyone, if Ronaldo does some stupid **** I will call him out on it but its not like the guy does that much stuff anymore. You can believe me or not but the guy doesn't deserve the crap he gets purely because he enjoys fashion and doing his hair :laugh: .

Glad somebody brings up what Ronaldo does off the pitch, which is more important than what he does on it. I actually think Ronaldo has matured as a player (duh?) meaning that the younger ManU version was more primaddonish than the present version. Kinda like the current version of Neymar, he seems to trip on an ant or falls every 5 steps even when nobody's around. But I have seen that before and will see it again.

Ronaldo and Messi are the best, consistency makes them the best.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton

I second this
Also score predictions for today:
Uruguay 2-Italy 1
Suarez x 2
Candreva

Costa Rica 1- England 1
Ruiz
Sturridge

Japan 1-Colombia 3
Honda
James Rodriguez x 2, Quintero

Greece 0- Ivory Coast 2
Gervinho, Bony

Feenom

Jan 15, 2003
Spliffton
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me how 1 player can control the center of the field as good as Pirlo can, that guy is one of the best field generals of his time. Italy controlling the game for the most part but Balotelli is tick tock, tick tock. Prandelli needs to sub him out asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad