Teuvo Teravainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
TT needs to hit the gym, he doesn't have to be huge but he needs more stability and strength. He needs a fitness plan to help him fill out so to speak.

He gets moved off the puck and his balance far to easy and often....very few smaller players have the skill to dance around the rink while being slight....Kane and gudreau come to mind....TT is not at that level....

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Only if he acts on it.

THIS

I read all about his golf game, pizza parties, hanging with his buds etc.

Nowhere did I read how the Hawks have given him a program and he's going to work his ass off to get better over the summer.

Seems like relaxation is his focus?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
“I think it’s a good thing to have a great long summer now,†Teravainen said. “I have a lot of time to build my body for the next level. So I have guys to work with. It’s going to be a nice summer. I think a lot of work.

a lot of work... build his Body... more strenght, more Speed

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
A lot of people know they have weaknesses, and even call them out, doesn't mean they get serious enough to address them. I have high hopes for TT. He can be a really good player, but I question his demeanor and commitment at this point. Going to need to see a serious change in his intensity this year to change my opinion about his trajectory as a player.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
THIS

I read all about his golf game, pizza parties, hanging with his buds etc.

Nowhere did I read how the Hawks have given him a program and he's going to work his ass off to get better over the summer.

Seems like relaxation is his focus?

If you didn't see that then you didn't read the article because he clearly states what he needs to improve on and said he is working to fix his issues.

I think it is funny that you are calling him out on the golf, pizza, hanging with friends part because he is clearly answering a question from Powers. This was an interview and not TT just rambling on about his summer.

I mean it was a casual interview and I am willing to bet Powers did not ask him to elaborate on what the off-season the Hawks game him includes (EVERY player gets a program and most teams follow up with the player during the off-season to track the results).

Seems like his focus of his summer is to improve on his weaknesses while not overdoing his training to make sure he is ready to go for the WC and the NHL season.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I don't give a **** what he does off the ice, just like I didn't when Kane was party Kane. As long as he produces he can do whatever he wants. But, he doesn't appear to have that kind of ability to half ass the off-ice stuff like Kane/Seguin and be a star like he says he wants to be.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Getting stuck on the exact wording seems pointless considering the language thing. It's a feature of (spoken) Finnish to soften/hedge your message, e.g. instead of saying "good" you are likely to say "pretty good", "quite good", especially when talking about yourself. So when he trasfers that to English, by saying
“I’ve had a plan many years now to get better a little bit,†Teravainen said. “It’s the next step this summer.

it's not likely he means only to get a little bit better, but to further improve from where he is now.

The journalist was probably a little bit too diligent in translittering his quotes. The main message was clearly that he is working on getting better.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Lets nit pick a 21yr old's wording in his second language to insinuate he's not planning on working hard... :shakehead.

Man this board is brutal with a short offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad