Terry Pegula's letter to Sabres season ticket holders

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Seems genuine but if he wants things to change he needs to back the **** off and let the people who know what they're doing run the team. There has been too much surrounding the Sabres (and the Bills for that matter) suggesting he is involved far too much in the sports side of management.
This is ludicrous. Rex Ryan and Tim Murray were absolutely incompetent and needed to be removed right away.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
i wasn't criticizing the letter, i'm just saying when an owner writes a letter like that you know how big a mess things are

I'm impressed that you somehow weren't able to figure out that the Buffalo Sabres' situation has been a mess prior to reading this letter.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe the Sabres were having some problems. But how can I tell for sure?"

The letter's appropriate. The thread reeks of you trying to stir things up.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
This is leadership. This is accountability. Two things this organization needs more of to get out of this. Hopefully Pegula learns from his mistakes. He is passionate about the team and will put every dollar he can towards them. He has to start listening to better hockey people and making wiser decisions with hires in order to create structure and culture.

Hiring Murray was a disaster. Following it up with a rookie GM and a rookie coach with no pro head coach experience wasn't the wisest move. Hiring a solid hockey man as President would be wise but the Lafontaine-Murray fiasco might sour him on that route. Good on Pegula for taking "ownership" for this and not raising prices.

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
thats a nice gesture. empty, but nice.

season ticket prices increase every year to be compliant with the NHL's profit sharing. If he is withdrawing the price increase the team will be ineligible for profit sharing and lose the ability to compensate for losses due to the half empty building they've had the past few seasons. This move will hit him in the pocketbook, it's not a hollow gesture.

95.1-99.9% over the last decade. people might be staying home, but they're still buying tickets. and there is still a waiting list.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
thats a nice gesture. empty, but nice.

95.1-99.9% over the last decade. people might be staying home, but they're still buying tickets. and there is still a waiting list.

And now their ticket prices won't go up again after years of buying tickets you can't give away. Fans are loyal, they will continue to spend regardless. The fact Pegula knows this and still chooses to not raise prices just shows how sincere he is.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
You can tell he really cares, and it's awesome for a team like the Sabres to have such a committed and passionate owner, willing to do whatever is in his power to try to fix things. If anything, probably cares too much, actually.

But the letter comes off with this air of whining that i'm kinda put off by. "When we started this rebuild, they told us we'd be good by now!!!" wah. Welcome to the sinkhole of intentional tanking rebuilds friend.

Also, that font is bush league, and having the fold right in the middle of a line of text...come on communications dept., get your act together.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
lol what a friggin mess.

DbLXQv_V4AAdCQp.jpg

An owner taking responsibility and not having his management group hold "fake" news conferences feeding the fan base a bunch of bull shit. Taking a hit in his own pocketbook and not asking his season ticket holders for more until they offer more. Yeah, I know how rich Pegula is and that is probably pocket change for him... but so are many other NHL owners.

Oilers went for the old... we have a huge waiting list... hmmmm, let's increase season tickets by only 3%... let's give these tier 1 fans a break. "Man, are we generous or what? You're welcome Edmonton!"

#darrylkatz #readthis #owningit

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I'm impressed that you somehow weren't able to figure out that the Buffalo Sabres' situation has been a mess prior to reading this letter.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe the Sabres were having some problems. But how can I tell for sure?"

The letter's appropriate. The thread reeks of you trying to stir things up.

It's an Internet messageboard, the thread has drawn interest. That's what I'm pai ...... I think I've said too much already. Let's leave it at that.

;)

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
i wasn't criticizing the letter, i'm just saying when an owner writes a letter like that you know how big a mess things are

literally no one needed a letter to know the Sabres are a mess. Same with the NYI and OTT and a few other orgs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad