Terry Pegula's letter to Sabres season ticket holders

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
lol what a friggin mess.

DbLXQv_V4AAdCQp.jpg

Reactions: Fixxer

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
fair enough. He stopped a mandated season ticket price increase which will end up costing him money. He seems sincere, don't see why this is a problem.

What does "mandated season ticket price increase" mean?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
He is a fan, as well as the owner. He was honest in his response to the expectations of the tear down and rebuild and what has actually transpired.
I strongly suspect the Sabres situation is about to stabilize and begin the long process of becoming playoff competitive again.
But, hockey fans in general, must practice their patience. This won't happen over night, but next season should show real forward progress.
Good for Terry for being honest with Buffalo Sabres fans. Good owner, Buffalo is fortunate to have him, even if he makes mistakes along the way.

Reactions: zar and Dingo44

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sincere letter but I don't think he knows how to run a sports team. Maybe he eventually gets the hang of it. He probably needs a proper president to oversee the operation. I've also heard disputed things about why Babcock turned him down and why Lafontaine actually left.

Reactions: Oneiro

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
What does "mandated season ticket price increase" mean?

season ticket prices increase every year to be compliant with the NHL's profit sharing. If he is withdrawing the price increase the team will be ineligible for profit sharing and lose the ability to compensate for losses due to the half empty building they've had the past few seasons. This move will hit him in the pocketbook, it's not a hollow gesture.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I think the letter is fine, it's good to see him admit his mistakes, cause lets face it, after this season raising prices would be absurd.

Here's to a quick turnaround. Buffalo really comes to life when our team is good, one of the best fanbases of all time imo

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Sincere letter but I don't think he knows how to run a sports team. Maybe he eventually gets the hang of it. He probably needs a proper president to oversee the operation. I've also heard disputed things about why Babcock turned him down and why Lafontaine actually left.
The bills are the reason you're wrong. He was a rookie owner and made rookie mistakes. We've seen him learn, and rectify his strategy for hiring management. Between the old regimes of Murray/Whaley, it was like... two closeted narcissists with no long term outlook vying for daddy's attention

Anyways, he didn't make all that money or have the public image he does because he's dumb... I think things will be alright. I agree about the Pres or hockey ops thing, just need to find the right guy (Patty was a noob and was in way over his head)

don't even want to get into the Babcock/Patty stuff, it's all hearsay and the buffalo sports media is a complete joke

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
This is dope accountability. Sabres fans are lucky.
Emotionally satisfying but shallow unless there's actually a plan.
Seems like a genuine letter. Same with those guys I don’t see a problem
Agreed; sounds un-polished, which is the right tone. The third paragraph ... "everyone needs to be better at everything" is kinda hopeless and silly ... be more specific, dude ... explain what changes you're making and give me some idea of what your plan is.

But yeah, can't hate that.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Read the quote below. Not Sure is correct. He's eating profit. And not just earnings gained, but he's going to lose substantially. He has his flaws, yes. But one hell of an owner.

season ticket prices increase every year to be compliant with the NHL's profit sharing. If he is withdrawing the price increase the team will be ineligible for profit sharing and lose the ability to compensate for losses due to the half empty building they've had the past few seasons. This move will hit him in the pocketbook, it's not a hollow gesture.

Head of Nail meet hammer. Spot on.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That's a really genuine letter

I wonder if the Oilers owner will freeze prices, or better yet reduce prices. We've got one of the highest average season ticket prices in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad