Confirmed with Link: Teravainen and Bickell to Canes

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I'm not sure if in Chicago the plan was to keep TT at center forever. Most of the time he was 3C [this season], but that may have been because they had no one better and essentially he played a bit wrong kind of role.

Quick peek gave me the idea that they didn't have top6 duties to give him so it was no use keeping him and that he would have been gone anyway in the expansion draft or a cap crunch anyway.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
wow

one top line winger and this is a playoff team

the team look different enough at this point that i almost wouldnt mind staal back if we miss on okposo, etc.

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
Quick peek gave me the idea that they didn't have top6 duties to give him so it was no use keeping him and that he would have been gone anyway in the expansion draft or a cap crunch anyway.
Yes, but I was more just saying where the coach played him. I think at least the fans were doubtful if he was going to be 2C, altough that was the position "planned" for him. Then they suddenly acquired Anisimov and Panarin so there was no top 6 role for TT.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Ron Francis is a master of asset management. It's amazing how he's stocked up our draft picks/prospects and made the NHL squad more competitive in such a short time, especially considering what he had to work with when he took over.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
TT/Saarela/Aho

Meant from the named World Cup roster for Finland. :D

It looks just plausible that Team Finland might be throwing in a freebie pre-season chemistry test for Teräväinen and Aho, as both project to be played as 3rd/4th line skilled upcomers in TF context.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Fantastic trade!

Upgrade in multiple positions. I could see TT on a line with Lindholm and Skinner. Could see Bickell on the fourth line, filling in on the third for injury purposes. I think this is goodbye for Chris Terry and Brad Malone.

Also, we currently only have 4 forwards signed after next season.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
so

rask: $5mil

goalie: $4mil

that gets us to the floor? then obviously we dont just spend to the floor, we spend above it

this team is going to be so good

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Yes, but I was more just saying where the coach played him. I think at least the fans were doubtful if he was going to be 2C, altough that was the position "planned" for him. Then they suddenly acquired Anisimov and Panarin so there was no top 6 role for TT.

He replaced Kaner in 2L as RW in last and best three playoffs games, that spot fits him better than 3L C role.Patrick Kane looks like physical player comparing to Tuevo, so he feels better up in the lineup.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Ron Francis is so ****ing good.

Bickell is overpaid but he brings a lot of expierence. TT looks really good with Bickell as a linemate in the past.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Carolina Teravainan.

Rolls off the tongue and sounds like it has the potential to be a good BBQ sandwich.

Can we call whatever line he's presumably on with Aho this year the "BBQ Finwich" line? :laugh:

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
As one whose team out west is the Hawks, I LOVE this deal.

Teuvo is a good player and will only get better. With Aho coming in, he will be a great companion for him to have around. I could see these two playing together. Teuvo is a skilled player. Super excited we were the ones who got him especially since rumors are other teams wanted him too.

Bickell is expensive. That was one contract Bowman did with his heart after that one cup win. But we can afford the cap hit and he will be a good 4th liner and fill in 3rd liner. He's physical and will plant his butt in front of the net. He will also be a great vet presence for this young team.

Francis is killing it so far in his reign as GM. :handclap:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Some stats from when TT had the chance to play on the top line, TT vs Ladd vs Shaw,

They traded the wrong guy, and this was TT's 1st full NHL season.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

omg omg omg omg omg

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Some stats from when TT had the chance to play on the top line, TT vs Ladd vs Shaw,

They traded the wrong guy, and this was TT's 1st full NHL season.
not to mention, LW is not ideal spot for Tuevo, definitely worse than RW.

Hawks traded TT because w/o dumping Bickell's full 4M cap Hawks would be not able make any 22-man roster at 71.4M cap.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
not to mention, LW is not ideal spot for Tuevo, definitely worse than RW.

Hawks traded TT because w/o dumping Bickell's full 4M cap Hawks would be not able make any 22-man roster at 71.4M cap.

I was sure Shaw was out, with Hossa and Kane TT didnt really have a chance to play Rw.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Not only am I overjoyed for Teuvo Teravainen, we just made a huge move for the bottom six of this club. Bickell still has some gas in the tank and adds some much needed size and bite. Not to mention the motivation of knowing that his NHL career hinges on his performance this year. That's going to be one motivated dude. Multiple time Cup winner that brings the expectations to the room with him. He might not get a letter, but they'll be watching him for cues. He's an underrated piece. They just couldn't afford to gamble on him rounding back into form there. Here, I think his production might even be secondary to the impact he has on the room. I was hoping against hope we'd find a way to add a veteran with winning experience through free agency this year, but they did it this way. Such a smart risk.

I would be interested in seeing TT with Skinner. I really feel like that pair would max out on creativity. Put someone lunchpail who can get in front of the net with those two and look out.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
I was sure Shaw was out, with Hossa and Kane TT didnt really have a chance to play Rw.

that's absolutely true.Well, he played last three playoffs games on RW with Panarin and Anisimov and those were the best Hawks games in recent playoffs (even they lost by one goal in game7).

ijuka

May 14, 2016
TT and Aho are both top 6 RWs.

TT's better right now but Aho might have higher potential. TT's is still sky high, though.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The nice thing with Aho is his versatility would allow him to play any of the top 6 forward slots, the last guy we had that could do that was Juice and I think Aho is going to be even better long-term.

TT's probably the better player now though.

And thankfully Lindholm is a RW/C as well giving us options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad