Rumor: Ted Nolan offered contract extension

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
A meddling GM? Like, one who makes trades and stuff, you mean?
From press conferences it seems like Nolan has been a good soldier. Sounds like Tim Murray can live with him so they offered him an extension.

Does Nolan want this job moving forward? Does he want to stay with good friend Patty resigning? Is he okay with a meddling GM? Is he on board with rebuilding for at least another season? Is he okay with having no input regarding his roster?

These are questions he needs to ask himself. The Sabres may already have a decent idea what the answer will be.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Maybe it was LaFontaine who offered him the contract and Murray said no and this caused the fallout.. it doesn't specify if this offer was extended before this fallout or just leaked after.

Sabres83

Feb 27, 2014
Very happy with this, Teddy's a great coach.. and what he's done with the team this year has been terrific. I hope he stays even longer than 3.

Karate Johnson*

From press conferences it seems like Nolan has been a good soldier. Sounds like Tim Murray can live with him so they offered him an extension.

Does Nolan want this job moving forward? Does he want to stay with good friend Patty resigning? Is he okay with a meddling GM?Is he on board with rebuilding for at least another season? Is he okay with having no input regarding his roster?

These are questions he needs to ask himself. The Sabres may already have a decent idea what the answer will be.

What has Murray done that would be considered "meddling"

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Last edited:

Karate Johnson*

No, I mean't this:

On "Hockey Central†on AM 590 The Fan from Toronto host Doug MacLean (former Columbus GM and Florida coach) mentioned that Tim Murray loves to stick his nose in the coaching business.

to which Murray replies, "I do." http://buffalosabresnow.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-sabres-gm-tim-murray-gives-some.html

I can see that.

You would think that Murray would want a coach he is very familiar with.

I hope Teddy finishes out the year and then we do a proper coaching search and hire this summer. I just don't see this current situation ending well and I'd like to just rip te bandaid off quickly get all this nonsense done and start anew.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What the ffffff is going on here.....

First Lafontaine quitting over Nolan not getting an extension......now it seems he is getting one.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
WGRZ ‏@WGRZ 4m

Just reported on Channel 2 News: @AdamBenigni told by #Sabres they are still working on extension for interim head coach Ted Nolan.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Shawn Stepner ‏@StepnerWKBW 3h
#Sabres VP of public and community relations tells me club is still working on Ted Nolan extension even with LaFontaine out.

So here is one leaker of information: Michael Gilbert. (yes I know it is his job).

I feel that this shouldn't be stated until an extension is agreed upon. Just PR games.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Shawn Stepner ‏@StepnerWKBW 3h
#Sabres VP of public and community relations tells me club is still working on Ted Nolan extension even with LaFontaine out.

So here is one leaker of information: Michael Gilbert. (yes I know it is his job).

I feel that this shouldn't be stated until an extension is agreed upon. Just PR games.

I think it's reasonable of them to want it to be known that they (read: Murray) are still looking to extend Nolan, in other words letting everyone know that wasn't a factor in the LaFontaine situation without having to acknowledge there was a situation.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
He gets a lot out of Veterans but he doesn't seem to be a big youth movement type person...

As long as he gives the younger players a chance (when they are ready) then whatever...it's a moot point but not against it

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think it's reasonable of them to want it to be known that they (read: Murray) are still looking to extend Nolan, in other words letting everyone know that wasn't a factor in the LaFontaine situation without having to acknowledge there was a situation.

I just don't think it is fair to Nolan to announce this until it is done. Murray has refused to talk about it many times. Now they say it to save face.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad