Rumor: Ted Nolan offered contract extension

KennyFnPowers*

first. omg. what the F is going on right now... am i still dreaming?

Karate Johnson*

IMO there is no chance he is the coach in 3 years.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
No problems with it. If Murray feels Nolan is good enough for the next season and therefore isn't inclined to do a search, then there's no reason not to extend him now.

I'm not high on Nolan but I couldn't really give a damn if he's the coach next year, which is really all this contract guarantees.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Nolan will teach kids how to show up to the rink hard everyday. He will eventually be replaced by a coach who can actually teach the x's and o's of the game but for the time being just working hard is what needs to be instilled in this team. If anything it's a good way to weed out lazy players. If guys like Foligno continue to be lazy slobs you know to get rid of them.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
From press conferences it seems like Nolan has been a good soldier. Sounds like Tim Murray can live with him so they offered him an extension.

Does Nolan want this job moving forward? Does he want to stay with good friend Patty resigning? Is he okay with a meddling GM? Is he on board with rebuilding for at least another season? Is he okay with having no input regarding his roster?

These are questions he needs to ask himself. The Sabres may already have a decent idea what the answer will be.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Per Dave Davis ‏
When LaFontaine departured from the Islanders in '06, At the time, Nolan did not jump ship with him

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
surprised at 3 years, but I'll be happy to keep Teddy on for at least another year. He's great at building a "team" of guys who want to win and are willing to play hard. Getting that culture in place is much more important than x's and o's.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
surprised at 3 years, but I'll be happy to keep Teddy on for at least another year. He's great at building a "team" of guys who want to win and are willing to play hard. Getting that culture in place is much more important than x's and o's.

A lot of kids will be coming through the pipeline the next couple of years. I respect Nolan's work ethic, but I question his ability to handle the mistakes of youth.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
It is a a good PR move on Timmer's part because it deflects some of the focus off of Lafontaine resigning. Otherwise this could be a public relations disaster and major distraction going into the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad