Value of: Tear down the Rangers

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Dude, there is no way on the planet that McDonagh is worth Marner and Nylander. Hell no.

Odds are that one of those two (Marner or Nylander) will be less Sidney Crosby and more Michael Grabner.

I'd expect that Ryan McDonagh is worth 1.5 Michael Grabners.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Anything you want not named Eichel, Reinhart, Risto or ROR for McDonagh.

Kane, Bailey/Fasching, Girgensons, picks, whatever you want.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey

Hard to work a deal but under those parameters. I would start with your 2017 first (unprotected) but Buffalo will be a middle of the pack team with McDonagh. Kane is a disaster, Girgensons is just a depth player. Meh...

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Hard to work a deal but under those parameters. I would start with your 2017 first (unprotected) but Buffalo will be a middle of the pack team with McDonagh. Kane is a disaster, Girgensons is just a depth player. Meh...

Figured it'd be a tough sell.

2017 first, 2018 first and ______?

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Odds are that one of those two (Marner or Nylander) will be less Sidney Crosby and more Michael Grabner.

Well that's excellant, we happen to have a michael grabner you can take for mcdonugh, but if you're asking for 2 of the top 10 prospects on the planet, then no, you guys can peddle mcdonagh off somewhere else.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid

This league doesn't work that way. Give us a 1C or a 1D if you want our 4.7M, 27 year old 1D. Don't worry about Reinhart because McDonagh is worth more than him.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
This league doesn't work that way. Give us a 1C or a 1D if you want our 4.7M, 27 year old 1D. Don't worry about Reinhart because McDonagh is worth more than him.

The OP said everyone is available and that you covet picks and prospects, so...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Well unfortunately for the Rangers two teams with the best chance of swallowing such cap dumps are in their division.

Rangers are probably stuck with Girardi, and Staal will need retention.

I see a legit fit, Girardi to Detroit for use as their 3RD at reduced mins, he fits there IF the payment is Jimmy Howard, who is similar $ they want to move, being the return.
To seal the deal, Raanta added at half.

That takes care of G, who would likely waive.
Staal is another story, both as to relocation and waiving

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Figured it'd be a tough sell.

2017 first, 2018 first and ______?

If I thought you guys would fall into being a bottom 5 team for those years, I'd take this deal. But adding McDonagh should really help them move up in the standings.

Daggerinaround

Jun 30, 2016
Lindberg or stalberg for a 3 pair dmen

Lindberg or stalberg one for one for a dmen.
Danny g. Gone for a 3rd.
I wanna keep mcd skeji. Klein and maclrath.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Last thing I'd do is sell short on him to NYRs. Full price or wait till next year.

Don't want Rick Nash at all. Aging player with a huge cap hit

If you are trying to move Shatty, to make cap room or pick up a center you have to understand nobody is paying full price for a one year player. He likely will sign with the Rangers anyway. If we could talk to him about that before a trade, I'd move brassard for him. I'd keep stepan.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Rangers are a mess. Can't contend because their skaters blow, can't rebuild because their goalie is too insanely good, cap situation sucks, prispect pool sucks, etc.

Oh, not that kind of tear down thread? Ah. Hmm. I guess I would want Kevin Hayes?

Nash reduced to nearly half, 4.0, and RFA Hayes to SJ for Hertl ballpark close 3.0 cap

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Don't even bother with her. She doesn't understand anything about our players and yet goes around telling everyone she knows everything about them.

Same old shtick, been running for 4 years now with it. Time to get a hobby.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Maybe try drafting your talent instead of buying it?

The Rangers have developed a ton of NHL players since the lockout. Cap had hurt them, and like all the other teams that were in contention, they traded for players that could help them win "now..."

That Sather sucked and greatly overestimated where they were when they traded for Staal is another issue.

Your comment is 12 years out of date.

Grow up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad