Value of: Tear down the Rangers

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Funny how the guy that got showered with praise as Asst. GM whenever the GM everyone hated made a move they liked is now a moron as GM...

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
One of our defensemen not named Suter and something for Stepan?

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
The important part of a teardown is building a tank roster.

Moulson & Franson for Glass?

1mjp

May 13, 2016
Face it, they're going downhill for the next few years. To sell the problem players (e.g. Nash, Staal, or Girardi) requires big-time salary retention.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Gah I wish the leafs were farther along. I'd love Stepan or mcd. I don't think the leafs have the right assets though :(

We have the assets, we have the assets to get any player that hits the market, we have without question the top prospect pool in the NHL the question is do we want to pay the price.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
We have the assets, we have the assets to get any player that hits the market, we have without question the top prospect pool in the NHL the question is do we want to pay the price.

I should reiterate; we don't have the assets at this point in the rebuild to go and trade a bunch of prospects without knowing what we have yet. I would love those players, but like you already said; I'd be hesitant to go out and spend like a drunken sailor just yet

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
Face it, they're going downhill for the next few years. To sell the problem players (e.g. Nash, Staal, or Girardi) requires big-time salary retention.

Nash is the opposite of a problem player unless you are talking only about the contract. And now that we don't have a chance at Stamkos we don't have an urgent need to clear space. His contract expires in two years so it's no big deal.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
A couple of crap picks and a random prospect for Kreider.

Followed by Rangers fans asking for the moon and taking back salary.

We've done this before.

KreiderHouseRules*

1. Stepan for Dumba & JEE

2. McDonagh for Barrie

3. Nash (1.8M ret.) for Nichushkin, Roussel, 2nd

4. Staal (1M ret.) for our own 2nd back

5. Sign Helm

Nichushkin Hayes Buchnevich
Miller Brassard Zuccarello
Kreider Helm JEE
Roussel Lindberg Fast
Hrivik

Skjei Barrie
Klein Dumba
Holden McIlrath
Girardi

Lundqvist
Raanta

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016

Nash (2 mill retained)
For
Grabovski (who rags put on LTIR and reap the benefit of cap relief)
?

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK

2. McDonagh for Barrie

5. Sign Helm

Kreider Helm JEE
Roussel Lindberg Fast
Hrivik

Skjei Barrie
Klein Dumba
Holden McIlrath
Girardi

Lundqvist
Raanta

You can't seriously think that's a better team now or even in the future compared to what we have now !?

We lose each of those trades apart from the Staal trade and with some of them its not even close.

Also why does our new top line have under 150 career NHL points ? Please please stop.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
Nash (2 mill retained)
For
Grabovski (who rags put on LTIR and reap the benefit of cap relief)
?

As already established we have no immediate need to clear space with Stamkos gone. If we retain 20% on Nash we can get the return of a 1st + Prospect as has already been offered in other Nash threads.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

2. McDonagh for Barrie

5. Sign Helm

Kreider Helm JEE
Roussel Lindberg Fast
Hrivik

Skjei Barrie
Klein Dumba
Holden McIlrath
Girardi

Lundqvist
Raanta

Marc Staal has significant negative value to the Canes. The Hurricanes have Jaccob Slavin, Noah Hanifin, Ron Hainsey, Haydn Fleury, Trevor Carrick, and now Jake Bean on the left side alone. Less than zero interest in paying Marc Staal $6 million for the next 5 years.

Canes would be interested in all of Stepan, Brassard, Kreider, Zucc, Miller, or Hayes. They have many picks and prospects but I have a feeling that NYR isn't going to throw in the towel on this season.

willyjones

May 30, 2013
You can't seriously think that's a better team now or even in the future compared to what we have now !?

We lose each of those trades apart from the Staal trade and with some of them its not even close.

Also why does our new top line have under 150 career NHL points ? Please please stop.

Man I'm glad you said it. I'm not a rangers fan but that line up just looked ugly.. rebuild starts and end with Lundqvist . if the goal is to rebuild he will be to old by the time its done. Rebuilding on the fly does not work just ask us leaf fans and watch the mess Vancouver will be in. The rangers just need to luck out on a solid trade and a bounce back year from krider, and pick up a solid ufa. I know that's 3 things but they still have a real solid team to me. I almost fell like they do need a few new faces to ignite the team again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad