Dreger: Teams considering a sign and trade for Taylor Hall

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
How about to the oilers. most other Oiler fans will tear me up for this but I would do this deal if it was available.

To Buff: Neal, Samorukov or Benson or Lavoie, 1st 2021, 3rd 2022.

To Edmonton Hall 50% retained- Signed after for 6 years at 7 million per.

This is a buy low moment on two fronts. He is having a bad years so at 7 million you are paying him Kevin Hayes or Evander Kane money instead of Eichel, Marner, Matthews money. This is on top of being able to get him relatively cheap. Oiler fans will team me up for how much but am giving, but getting rid of Neal is half this deal by itself.

Edmonton Top 6 afterwards

RNH Mcdavid Puljujarvi
Hall Draisatl Yamamoto
Buffalo is not taking back Neal and I think you'd have a very hard time convincing any team to take him on for anything reasonable at this point. Maybe Seattle if you dangle a 1st + another good asset at a minimum. Buffalo would be much better served just taking the best offer for Hall @ 50%. If an expiring deal has to come back that's fine.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Any team looking to win multiple 1st overall picks would love to sign him to term :nod:

Its funny that this joke is being a reality.

As for Hall, I think he missed his cash cow last summer, and no idea why he felt Buffalo is a good place to take a 1 year deal.
If he wanted 1 year, why not to a contender....

Reactions: J T Money

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

As for Hall, I think he missed his cash cow last summer, and no idea why he felt Buffalo is a good place to take a 1 year deal.
Pretty simple and is public knowledge. He was not offered term by anyone due to the cap crunch. From what was reported he received 6milx3y(Colorado or San Jose I think) and 4mil/year(no term was divulged) from Edmonton.

Instead he chose the highest AAV hoping that the next summer teams would have more room and willing to offer more term.

It had nothing to do with winning or the best situation and everything to do with money.

Reactions: McClelland

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Correction, Dreger: Buffalo is looking for sign and trade Hall because his value is shit otherwise.

Granted, I don't doubt for a second some GMs will still treat Hall was the premium gamebreaker he keeps getting touted as.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
This has sweet Lou all over it. 1st rounder + Brian Bellows for a signed Taylor Hall at 3x7. Then trade a 2nd + Wilde for Palmieri and extend him at 5x5.

$100 mill cap in the offseason he'll whittle down at the expansion draft and before the entry draft by offering 2022-2032 first rounders. Isles will then have 20 players locked in at terms of 5+ years.

That soinds about right. Its fair value for Halls low scoring season to send goold ole’ Brian back. Who wants him around anyways? :)

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
David Poile, put the f***ing phone down and slowly back out of the room!
Nashville can't be in on Hall makes no sense at all. Although if they can make one overpaid center disappear it's notthe worst thing in the world.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Darren Dreger.

tenor.gif

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

No, he didn't. Nobody was offering money with term to him because of COVID. All his long-term offers were for peanuts compared to his accomplishments in the NHL and the contracts that were being signed pre-COVID.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
as a Ufa in the summer...... Wpg could offer a 3x6 mill contract to replace Stastny (UFA).

Wheeler /Schiefele /Hall
Ehlers/ Dubois/Connor

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Correction, Dreger: Buffalo is looking for sign and trade Hall because his value is shit otherwise.

Granted, I don't doubt for a second some GMs will still treat Hall was the premium gamebreaker he keeps getting touted as.
Buffalo expended exactly 0 assets to acquire Hall, they'll get something for moving him as a rental, be it a draft pick, player or prospect. I highly doubt Adams is losing sleep over what his return on Hall will be.

Reactions: Billdo

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Hall's perceived value is at an all-time low.

This would actually be the perfect time to sign him long term. He is a very skilled player. A Hart Trophy winner. And you can probably get him signed to a reasonable cap hit right now.

Too many GM's wait for a career season and then sign a player to a huge deal he can never live up to.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
No, he didn't. Nobody was offering money with term to him because of COVID. All his long-term offers were for peanuts compared to his accomplishments in the NHL and the contracts that were being signed pre-COVID.

It was rumored in the early days that the Colorado Avalanche was offering Taylor Hall a one-year contract worth about $ 6,000,000.

I agree with you about the long-term contract and COVID-19.

BUF (outsider) - $ 8.000.000 = money.
AVS (winner?) - $ 6,000,000 = Stanley Cup?
Taylor chose money.

The funny thing is that Hall can take money + Stanley Cup if he is exchanged for the Stanley Cup winning team.
:)

May I ask an off-topic question? If I understand correctly you are the forum moderator. I am having difficulty navigating the site. I wrote a message (Conversations) asking a moderator from the list on The Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk page. (1 hour ago there is no answer yet). Did I do everything right?
Thanks anyway.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Could this be coming from the Sabres? I hope not, but- Hall has previously shown a desire to stay in Buffalo. If Adams thinks that’s still an option maybe he’s thinking that if we’re gonna move him we want a bit extra via the sign and trade because otherwise we might just keep him or resign him in the offseason? Just an idea.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Buffalo expended exactly 0 assets to acquire Hall, they'll get something for moving him as a rental, be it a draft pick, player or prospect. I highly doubt Adams is losing sleep over what his return on Hall will be.

True they didn’t give up assets. But if they have to retain to make a deal (which seems likely) it will diminish their return.

That makes it an awful lot of cash just to gain a small asset. As a fan I could care less about the cash expenditure. But I wonder how the ownership will view it.... 6/7 mil for a second and/or prospect.

To that last point, I have no clue what is or is not important to the Pegula’s. But I gotta think Adams isn’t entirely comfortable with this situation.

With that all said let me add my disclaimer that I’m not a Buffalo fan so I will not pretend to understand all the nuances of their organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad