Team with best young group (4) of forwards under 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Squeaky said:
I'm always surprised by the ability of people to jump into threads just to name their own teams prospects. I figure this comes down to two teams, and two teams only.

Washington: Ovechkin, Semin, Fehr, whoever.
Pitty: Crosby, Malkin, whoever, whoever.

Nobody else can match that kind of firepower, because I don't think anyone else has a prospect with potential as great as a Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin. The question should really be if you prefer the two superstuds in Pitsburgh, or the one superstud and two lesser studs in Washington.

Nash, Zherdev, Brule.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Puckhead said:
M.A. Fleury will be 22 in November...I would suggest he be included with Crosby, and Malkin. Whitney just turned 23 last month...they may stink now, but watch out for the Pens, even if they are in another city when they all arrive as impact players on the NHL scene!!!

Forwards only, chief.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
McDonald19 said:
This thread clearly asked for the team with the best 4 forwards...not best 2 or 3 and whoever.

At least fill in the whoever if you want those teams nominated for this thread.

OK, Malkin, Crosby, and Larry, Moe and Curly. Damn, that is five. Seriously, if your top two are Malkin and Crosby, whatever you are throwing at slots three and four, and there is some talent there like Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen and Michel Ouellet, but in the end who really cares? What group of four is going to outweigh those two and a couple of stiffs?

KH1

Clearly the Islanders group of Nokelainen, Bergenheim, Nilsson and Tambellini doesn't have the superstar talent that most other teams have, but something has to be said for the fact that all 4 are NHL players and 3 of them (it would be 4 but Nokie is injured) have been key factors in the Isles resurgance since the deadline.

Plus, the Isles are my favorite team so of course they have the best prospects :sarcasm:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Jaded-Fan said:
OK, Malkin, Crosby, and Larry, Moe and Curly. Damn, that is five. Seriously, if your top two are Malkin and Crosby, whatever you are throwing at slots three and four, and there is some talent there like Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen and Michel Ouellet, but in the end who really cares? What group of four is going to outweigh those two and a couple of stiffs?

still the point of this thread was a group of 4...we all know Crosby and Malkin are great players...

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Ducksforcup said:
Glad you said Anaheim! :handclap: Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, and Lupul are all having excellent seasons with Anaheim! :yo:

I would say that Ottawa, Anaheim, and the Blue Jackets are all tied for this award. :)
That's pretty amazing that they're in the playoff hunt and have a roster that young. Edm has Pouliot, Schremp, Cogliano and Jacques... but none of them are regular NHLers. IMHO Anaheim's top 10 prospects look absolutely solid. definatley top tenin terms of prospect, maybe even top 5.

GXL

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
Anaheim and Columbus are most impressive. Both teams should be very good in the future, although it'll probably take the BJ's a little longer to develop. IMO, the Ducks should be top 5 in the west next year.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
McDonald19 said:
still the point of this thread was a group of 4...we all know Crosby and Malkin are great players...

I am pretty sure if you was trading prospects, Pittsburg's group of Malkin, Crosby, Larry and Curly could be traded for any group of 4 mentioned on here, therefore it makes it the best group of 4. I wouldn't put Moe in the group though he might weight them down.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
wilds top 6 youngens i'd put up with just about anyones.

gaborik
bouchard
koivu
patty O'sullivan
Roman voloshenko
Benoit Pouliot.

I believe they are all 22 and under cept gaborik (koivu might have just turned 23, his bday is in March)

Randall Graves*

Jaded-Fan said:
I think the intent of this thread was depth, not one or two superstars. I could be wrong.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
RallyKiller said:
I think the intent of this thread was depth, not one or two superstars. I could be wrong.

basically it was asking who had the best group of 4 forward players under 22. So in therory you put every team's list of 4 best forward prospects under that age and you compare. It is hard to deny on the strength of 2 players that pittsburg isn't the best no matter how good #3 and #4 are(although as somebody pointed out that Washington with AO and 2 other very good prospects makes a strong challenge).

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Colorado has more then Wolski and Svatos they also have Richardson who ever since Turgeon went down (now is back) has been inpressing the coaching staff and now since Svatos is out Richardson will stay with the team. Next year i wouldnt be surprized if Richardson will be the 3rd line center. Also other players are Durand, Stoa, and Hensick those 3 will be in the NHL in about 1-2 years time depends if they impress next year at training camp.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
If it´s just about big names, I´d say Pens.
If it´s about top-4 depth, including different positions and player-types I´d say easily Columbus!

LW Nash, C Brule, RW Zherdev and some extraordinary secondary scoring with Fritsche, Picard or maybe Pineault.

In my eyes a full scoring line (or two with Picard - Fritsche - Pineault) with (super-)stars is much better than two pure superstar Centers like Crosby and Malkin, who won´t play on one EV-line and some more or less average players.

My ranking would be:

1. Columbus (already explained)
2. Washington (just lacking of a 1st-line Center, which they will definitely get in the upcoming draft)
3. Pittsburgh (2 superstar Center and a good mix of other guys, but with a big lack of wingers)

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
I also have to say the Isles. Nilsson (21) will definitely be a star playmaker. He's already drawing comparisons to Forseberg, they both have the speed, they both have the hands, Nilsson is a bit grittier and just needs the finish (and injury problems, but we're not hoping for that). Nilsson spent 29 games in Bridgeport (37 with Isles), and had 8 goals and 20 assists, a very forseberg-like ratio. Bergenheim (22) could be a star as well, especially if he plays on a line with Nilsson. Bergenheim is a good all around forward, he's very gritty, has a good shot, plays solid defese, and is pretty speedy. Then there is Jeff Tambellini (22), who is very fast. He should be at least better than Jason Blake (Tambellini passes :handclap: ). Finally there's Nokalanien (20) who I haven't seen much because of his injury, but I hear is a gritty forward. I also want to point out the d-man Grebeshkov. He has really stepped it up on the PP and attack since Zhitnik goit injured, he just needs to work on his game in the own zone. He should be at least Zhitnik caliber.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
rt said:
Why is everyone naming players that aren't in the NHL. This thread is regarding NHL players.

It's easy to get confused when the threadstarter himself names a few non-NHL players.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hockey-Freak said:
1. Columbus (already explained)
2. Washington (just lacking of a 1st-line Center, which they will definitely get in the upcoming draft)
3. Pittsburgh (2 superstar Center and a good mix of other guys, but with a big lack of wingers)

I see your logic, but the way i look at it is which group of 4 would have the most value right now on the trade market. Going on that basis, you have the correct 3 teams, but in reverse order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad