Team with best young group (4) of forwards under 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
What team has the best group of 4 forwards in the NHL thats under 22?

I'm gonna go with Anaheim with the best group of 4:

Ryan, Lupol, Perry and Getzlaf

Columbus is right up there with: Nash, Zheredev, Brule and Picard

If I were asking for best group of 2 or 3 i'd say

Pitts - Crosby, Malkin
Edm- Schremp, Pouliot, Cogliano
Colorado - Wolski, would say Svatos but he's 23
Philiadelphia - Carter, Richards, Umberger (is he older than 22?)
Minnesota- PM Bochard, Sullivan, would say Gaborik but he's 23

So whos got the better top 4 in term of potential and the most chance at reaching it between Anaheim and Columbus for top 2 lines in the next 3-5 years?

The way I see it

Nash > Ryan
Zherdev >> Lupol
Getzlaf = Brule
Perry >>> Picard

Very close IMO

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
How about Ovechkin, Semin, Fehr, and Caps #1 Dr Choice 2006(lets say Jordan Staal for kicks). Seems very competitive with that group.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
borro said:
How about Ovechkin, Semin, Fehr, and Caps #1 Dr Choice 2006(lets say Jordan Staal for kicks). Seems very competitive with that group.

i dont want to include 2006 draft picks or i wouldve put pitts in the category with 4.

but those 3 for wash are very good as well

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
trahans99 said:
i dont want to include 2006 draft picks or i wouldve put pitts in the category with 4.

but those 3 for wash are very good as well

Columbus likely will add another top forward in the 06 draft too. (unless the move into a spot to get Johnson).

But sticking with the current crop, Anaheim and Columbus have to be up there.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
i like minnys youngsers as im biased...

osullivan, pouliot, voloshenko, irmen....

koivu turned 23 yesterday... so he's not 22 if we are going by those rules.

Gaborik is 23 or 24 i forget.

OH yeah bouchard also whats he 21....

I like the ducks and wild...pitt too with malkin/crosby.

Last edited:

The Fuhr*

Ottawa has 2 awsome 22 and under players and one unknown in Russia.
Spezza 22
Eaves 21
Kaigorodov 22
Thats it with 22 and under in the NHL
Vermette is 23

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Glad you said Anaheim! :handclap: Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, and Lupul are all having excellent seasons with Anaheim! :yo:

I would say that Ottawa, Anaheim, and the Blue Jackets are all tied for this award. :)

turnbuckle*

The Habs aren't too badly off with Perezhogin, Higgins, Kostitsyn, Chipchura and Latendresse. A pretty solid group of five.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I dunno about the best but Hudler, Filppula, Grigorenko (still 22 until April), and McGrath isn't bad at all.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
have to go with Pittsburg, give me Crosby + Malkin + any 2 other guys over any other list.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
boredmale said:
have to go with Pittsburg, give me Crosby + Malkin + any 2 other guys over any other list.

Yup . . . after Crosby and Malkin who the hell cares who 3-5 are? That said Pittsburgh might add a Kessel this draft as well and hopefully will soon add at least another winger or two to compliment those two.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Edmonton would have Hemsky, Schremp, Cogliano, Pouliot if we were talking 22 and under, but if it is only under 22, then they wouldn't compete.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Since everyone's just naming their team's best four, I'll throw the Isles into the mix with Bergenheim (22), Nilsson (21), Tambellini (21) and Nokelainen (20). If it's strictly under 22, then replace Bergie with O'Marra. You could probably do that anyway, as O'Marra likely has the better upside, but I went with who is better now.

The Sanchise

Aug 3, 2004
NF Ontario
How about VAnek and PAille. If we can go up half a year add Pominville, Novotny, Roy, and Thorburn

Also Zagrapan, Stafford, MAncari, MacArthur and even Kennedy

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
Jaded-Fan said:
Yup . . . after Crosby and Malkin who the hell cares who 3-5 are? That said Pittsburgh might add a Kessel this draft as well and hopefully will soon add at least another winger or two to compliment those two.

If they don´t go for Erick Johnson or any other top-defenseman in the next drafts, each Malkin and Crosby will have to have 200 Point seasons to compensate the oppositions goals :D

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Pittsburgh. Crosby + Malkin + 2 jobbers is still better than everyone else. I'm guessing Pittsburgh has at least a couple of other servicable players of those ages, maybe Salomonsson and someone else? :dunno:

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Kopitar, Brown, Tukonen, Boyle

I like the Kings pretty much but otherwise Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin which beat any team except possibly Washington with Ovechkin, Semin and a better #3 and #4

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
AnThGrt said:
Kopitar, Brown, Tukonen, Boyle

I like the Kings pretty much but otherwise Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin which beat any team except possibly Washington with Ovechkin, Semin and a better #3 and #4

Don't forget Tambellini!

Ahh ****!

TSV

Aug 6, 2005
Montreal
some forgotten by you guys......

OTTAWA : MESZAROS
MONTREAL : PRICE
PITTS : WHITNEY
PHILLY : Niittimaki !?!?!?!

what about
CHI : Seabrook, Barker, Ruutu...