Team with best young group (4) of forwards under 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
boredmale said:
I see your logic, but the way i look at it is which group of 4 would have the most value right now on the trade market. Going on that basis, you have the correct 3 teams, but in reverse order.
Ill take 1 superstar and 3 really good players over 2 superstars. In the long run not only will it be cheaper and easier to retain them. Nash, Zherdev, Brule, and Fritsche are a very good looking top 4. As a team, its more valuable to have that working for ya. Heck if you wanted to trade for good veterans to make a run at the cup, you got some good pieces to trade. Fritsche, Picard, Brule would get more return over Armstrong, Talbot, and Christensen.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
chiefmonarch said:
Ill take 1 superstar and 3 really good players over 2 superstars. In the long run not only will it be cheaper and easier to retain them. Nash, Zherdev, Brule, and Fritsche are a very good looking top 4. As a team, its more valuable to have that working for ya. Heck if you wanted to trade for good veterans to make a run at the cup, you got some good pieces to trade. Fritsche, Picard, Brule would get more return over Armstrong, Talbot, and Christensen.

Exactly my thoughts! I want to point out that I´m no Jackets Fan. During the lockout-season I´ve read a lot of posts here about Rick Nash. Most of this posts were about his (not so high) value as a player because of his defensive game, setup qualities and leadership. I think it´s time to correct something about this. Since his return from injury HE leads the Jackets, scores almost a PPG and in 40 games he has one more assist than in 80 games in 03/04. Also he´s tied for 3rd on the team for +/- and - as usually - he has .525 GPG.
He IS a franchise player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->